Tutorial How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

shironou89

Jan 5, 2021
I have a problem installing content. My directory is C/users/myuser/documents/daz 3d/studio/my library which is the normal. The problem is when I go there, there is no file named my library but rather "My Daz Connect Library" which when opened: My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud from there, there are two files "1_16466" and "meta". "1_16466" has runtime and the normal files but when I install content there they dont show up in Daz 3D. C/users/myuser/documents/daz 3d/studio/my library is the first directory in content directory manager under daz studio formats and poser formats.

QuantumVNs

Jan 25, 2019
shironou89
To confirm: You have your "my library" set in the DAZ studio, but that actual folder doesn't exist? And you've been trying to put your new files into the "My Daz Connect Library"? Daz Connect is for stuff you get from the DAZ Shop and install through DazCentral, not for manual or DIM installation.

First thing you should do is just make the "My Library" folder if it doesn't exist. Try putting your files into that folder and see if it works.
Also, for DIM, double check that you set it to extract into your My Library folder. On my system, it defaults to "C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library" , which is also a default location in DAZ's Content Directory Manager

shironou89

Jan 5, 2021
shironou89
To confirm: You have your "my library" set in the DAZ studio, but that actual folder doesn't exist? And you've been trying to put your new files into the "My Daz Connect Library"? Daz Connect is for stuff you get from the DAZ Shop and install through DazCentral, not for manual or DIM installation.

First thing you should do is just make the "My Library" folder if it doesn't exist. Try putting your files into that folder and see if it works.
Also, for DIM, double check that you set it to extract into your My Library folder. On my system, it defaults to "C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library" , which is also a default location in DAZ's Content Directory Manager
I created a "my library" file in C/users/myuser/documents/daz 3d/studio/ and extracted the content there but still didn't show up in the application.

shironou89

Jan 5, 2021
shironou89

I have looked around in the application and I can find the content under "content library" when I search by directory. How do I get them to show up under "smart content"?

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
I created a "my library" file in C/users/myuser/documents/daz 3d/studio/ and extracted the content there but still didn't show up in the application.
mine was in my is set to C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads that is where you put the zips to use install manager. make sure it starts with IM00000 something like that It will only show for Daz Studio Assets too.

Reactions: MashUp47

QuantumVNs

Jan 25, 2019
I have looked around in the application and I can find the content under "content library" when I search by directory. How do I get them to show up under "smart content"?
Assets installed with DIM (or purchased online and installed with DazCentral) should automatically be shown in the "Smart Content" pane as long as they had metadata associated with them (packages labeled like twiztid mentioned usually do). If you did it manually by extracting a zip file into your "My Library" folder they don't have that metadata and won't be in Smart Content. The only way I know of to get manually extracted assets into "Smart Content" is by going to "Content Library" and creating categories for whatever you want to show up in Smart Contents. It's not easy for me to describe how you do that over text, you can probably find a YouTube or image tutorial to help you out.

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
Assets installed with DIM (or purchased online and installed with DazCentral) should automatically be shown in the "Smart Content" pane as long as they had metadata associated with them (packages labeled like twiztid mentioned usually do). If you did it manually by extracting a zip file into your "My Library" folder they don't have that metadata and won't be in Smart Content. The only way I know of to get manually extracted assets into "Smart Content" is by going to "Content Library" and creating categories for whatever you want to show up in Smart Contents. It's not easy for me to describe how you do that over text, you can probably find a YouTube or image tutorial to help you out.
Or you could try this app to Repack the asset : https://f95zone.to/threads/content-package-assist.8420/

Reactions: QuantumVNs

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
help
init python:

class DynamicBlink(renpy.display.layout.DynamicDisplayable):
def __init__(self, images, closing_pause=0.15,opening_pause=0.1,**kwargs):
self.closing = True
self.used_images = images
self.current_image_index = 0
self.image_count = len(images) - 1
# first image have to be opened eyes
self.current_image = images[0]
# Force normal timer start value
self.blink_timer = -1.0
self.closing_pause = closing_pause
self.opening_pause = opening_pause
kwargs.update( {
'_predict_function' : self.predict_images } )

super(DynamicBlink, self).__init__( self.get_current_blink_image )

def get_current_blink_image(self, timer, at):
if self.closing == True:
if timer > self.blink_timer:
self.current_image_index += 1
self.current_image = self.used_images[self.current_image_index]
self.blink_timer = timer + self.closing_pause
if self.current_image_index == self.image_count:
self.closing = False
self.blink_timer = timer + 0.1
else:
if timer > self.blink_timer:
self.current_image_index -= 1
self.current_image = self.used_images[self.current_image_index]
self.blink_timer = timer + self.opening_pause
if self.current_image_index == 0:
self.closing = True
# Define the time between two blink with some random to make it more real
self.blink_timer = timer + 2.0 + ( renpy.python.rng.random() * 3.0 )

return self.current_image, 0

def predict_images(self):
return self.used_images image dynamic_blinking = DynamicBlink(["belle.png", "belle1.png", "belle2.png", "belle3.png", "belle4.png", "belle5.png"],
closing_pause=0.065, opening_pause=0.065 )
I can't handle this function how can I integrate it into renpy and how can I use it would like to make the conversation between two people more dynamic
Boy, are you in the wrong thread! More than likely on the wrong board. It would be best if you posted this on a RenPy forum.

ghulsk

Aug 9, 2016
does DIM let you update everything you have installed with it? or does it get the updates only for the things that you have purchased on your account?

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
does DIM let you update everything you have installed with it? or does it get the updates only for the things that you have purchased on your account?
You can work offline (put a check on the "offline" option) so you can simply put all the stuff you want to be installed in some folder and enter the path to it into DIM options.

youaresoyummy

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
I dont know what i did wrong i take FE Short Hair Vol 4 for Genesis 8 and 8.1
from https://f95zone.to/threads/fe-short-hair-vol-4-for-genesis-8-and-8-1.96056/
with SKU: 83155
and Name: FE Short Hair Vol 4 for Genesis 8 and 8.1
extracted it and made an ZIP file with the name
IM00083155-01_FEShortHairVol4forGenesis8and 8.1
and took it in the folder for the DIM but DIM dont find the ZIP in the folder.
So what did i wrong?

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
I dont know what i did wrong i take FE Short Hair Vol 4 for Genesis 8 and 8.1
from https://f95zone.to/threads/fe-short-hair-vol-4-for-genesis-8-and-8-1.96056/
with SKU: 83155
and Name: FE Short Hair Vol 4 for Genesis 8 and 8.1
extracted it and made an ZIP file with the name
IM00083155-01_FEShortHairVol4forGenesis8and 8.1
and took it in the folder for the DIM but DIM dont find the ZIP in the folder.
So what did i wrong?
Remove the space and period in the file name:
IM00083155-01_FEShortHairVol4forGenesis8and81
The installer will ignore it if it's not named correctly.

Reactions: Hurensohn Heigl

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
Just wondering. Its been years since I used DAZ Studio, since before they introduced the Install Manager and now DAZ Central.
If I want to use content from 3rd party websites like Renderosity, legacy Poser content and maybe stuff from "unofficial" sources, would I be right in saying its better to use the download & install version of DAZ Studio rather than the version you install from DAZ Central?

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Is there links to this download manager since they changed over to the central thing these days?

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
There should be a link on this page
Weird, before you had to login and the download link would disappear afterwards even after refreshes etc. Now it's there after logging in and I could download it. Well, at least I got it this time lol