4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
the one and only game where dev leaks patron only posts to f95 and /weg/
Haha the above was supposed to be a public post but patreon doesn't really like public posts having lewd content. Werewolf girl is fairly lewd as is.

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
New public post up on patreon. Update expected to be done by Nov 14th. 5 new CG, 2 new enemies, progression for Zinia, the Pure Elf, and Shuten (the leader of the Oni).

Reactions: Heliophorus

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
New update within the next 12/24 hours, assuming all is on schedule. To tide you over, I've written another fic concerning various elven residents of the forest. I'll warn you that it's pretty long, so if you just want to wack your wick, you'll be scrolling for a while. Also, there's a trap elf involved. Further warnings on the story page.

I hope a few people here find it interesting. I spent entirely too much time on it.

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
The new update is out on the Patreon page.

Changelog -
Two new enemies. Note: These enemies appear under Look for Stronger Enemies. To unlock them you have to continue Zinia's route. These enemies do not have Win CGs/Scenes yet. Expect that soon.
You can now speak to and battle Shuten, leader of the oni!
More content added to the Pure Elf's route.
More content added to Zinia's route.

In total, plenty of new sprites, five new CG.

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
Reactions: mehchez

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Next update will have some, anon! Namely the Male Half Elf scenes. It will be a fully unique scene different from the female Half Elf.
Uh yeah, I think you misunderstood me, i'm not into gay anything. I guess I'll be skipping next update, thanks for the warning!

halluva

May 18, 2017
I haven't played this yet, but I noticed that the changelog talks a lot about "routes." Does that mean that this is one of those games where you get locked out of the majority of the content unless you play it multiple times?

Calalen

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2018
I haven't played this yet, but I noticed that the changelog talks a lot about "routes." Does that mean that this is one of those games where you get locked out of the majority of the content unless you play it multiple times?
Nope. In fact, the routes can sometimes interact with one another. For example, going down the Half Elf's path for a while has her helping you out when you interact with the Pure Elf. No one's routes are exclusive and I can't think of any in the future that would be like that.

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
Another update, another round of thoughts.
First up, typos!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit - Added some more typos.

Next up, individual thoughts, both good and bad
The good!
The Pure Elf is cute as fuck when she smiles.
More lore is always appreciated. The scarred elf has a name now! I wish I'd known some of it before writing a fuckhuge story, but ultimately one of the hallmarks of a good writer is being able to adapt one's work in light of new information.
Shuten is quite entertaining and I liked hearing about the other Oni and some of her past.
Zinia should know better than to lie to someone willing to test if something is true or not.
The Tree enemy is absolutely ridiculous in a good way and I look forward to seeing why it even exists

The bad! (Or at least not as good)
My biggest quibble would have to be with the Lust mechanic. It's all over the place, mostly because of hidden information. What "resisting the attack" means is completely unclear. Does that mean the enemy is immune to Lust attacks? Does that mean they have a high chance of failing against them? On top of that, Lust and Physical damage fluctuate from enemy to enemy with no indications as to why. The Tree(?) enemy for example only takes 6 Lust damage, but the Hero can do 10. Presumably, this is because the Tree(?) has an innate Lust resistance of 4 that's being taken off the attack, but not showing that makes it so you're never quite sure how much damage you'll be doing with one of your two methods of attack.
Suggestion - Display Lust resistance on enemies. It could be ??? if you've never tried using Lust against them. If you have, it would display the resistance as a number. So the Tree(?)'s innate Lust resistance would be displayed as 4. If the enemy is immune to Lust, it would be Immune instead. If it has a high chance of failing, that's trickier. Perhaps a percent chance could be displayed instead next to the Innate resistance.

I bring all of this up because Lust is by far the most effective way to deal with enemies, and having it not work for reasons that aren't displayed to the player is super frustrating. Clarity would be very appreciated.

Fighting the Hooded Girl feels wrong. She spends the whole thing tearfully pleading for you to get away from her while you try to cut her down? That's evil as shit, and your health resets when the Werewolf comes out anyway so fighting her is pretty pointless. I think it would be a better scene if the Hero tried to calm her down instead, and then she ended up hulking out and then the actual fight started. Later encounters perhaps could have her gradually being able to talk more before the wolfgirl came out to play or something. I dunno. Sure don't very heroic trying to stab someone who's flailing against me while crying hysterically though, and trying to arouse someone in that state would be a very different kind of scene I don't think you're trying to go for here.

Losing to Shuten to progress her route is great, but she's not very hard to beat and doesn't make it clear you have to do that. In fact, she seems to suggest that she'll get progressively more difficult the more you challenge her and eventually you'll warm her aloof, predatory heart by beating her at full strength or something. Her dialogue when she tests you with her tail seems to point towards that as well. Would suggest adding some kind of hint that this is not in fact the case so people don't end up wailing on her for five fights while wondering why nothing is happening.

It's kind of odd there's not a sex scene, or even a cuddling scene or something after the Pure Elf date. She smiles at you for the first time and then that's it, date over, see you next time? Maybe you're just saving the sex for another update but it bugged me enough to want to mention it.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes