jarb01

May 18, 2017
might as well give my opinions on 0.9.0 while i'm waiting for 0.9.1.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i'm really looking forward to seeing all of this work properly. for now, i guess i'll just wait for the 0.9.1 torrents to go up, along with the mirrors.

TanatOS

May 5, 2017
House Party v0.9.1 Beta
Win32+Win64+Linux+MacOS in attached torrent
OR
In case of downloading Original Story problems, extract attached zip in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Eek\House Party\
and maybe once party will be held also in the office.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Wow... There is massive performance loss with new version.

With on my GTX 1060 laptop, previous version gave almost stable 60fps on 1080p and beautiful preset, this one gives around 40fps or lower in some instances...

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Garage is buggy in 0.9.1. It gets completely transparent when you get inside it (all walls and non-interactive stuff removed). Happens with all graphic presets.

Additionally, each time switching to doggy characters move up in the air.

Jul 17, 2017
I just tried to go into the garage myself and I inured a texture bug. Once you step into the or look at the garage at certain angle everything inside the garage becomes unrendered.

jarb01

May 18, 2017
Wow... There is massive performance loss with new version.

With on my GTX 1060 laptop, previous version gave almost stable 60fps on 1080p and beautiful preset, this one gives around 40fps or lower in some instances...
that's weird, the release notes said the update was supposed to to improve optimization. did you have dynamic shadows and lights turned off prior to 9.1, but now they're somehow turned on? those have always been framerate killers.
of course, i'm not a dev, so i wouldn't know what the problem might be.

anyone else suffering a sudden performance hit in the new version?

once a mirror comes out, i'll be able to let you know if my performance is tanking too.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Wait you just move forward a little in the garage and it rerenders. I haven't seeing the flying sex bug but I'll wait until 0.9.2 for that issue to get resolved.
Note that something similar existed before.
If you trigger cow position and trigger it again, character will move a bit to air (without falling).

But since it is something you can not do normally in Original Story, it was not an issue.

But now, triggering doggie, regardless of previous position, will move characters a bit back and in the air (without falling).
And this will mess up characters like Katherine, Rachael and Amy, which have end game, where you can switch between position. It would lead to going into the ceiling and walls, getting misplaced from bed, etc...

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Yeah so the garage definitely has some kind of occlusion errors. Also Stephanie's hair doesn't load sometimes which is kinda weird.
There seems to be a bunch of new dialogue for certain events from Ashley. Still haven't figured everything out just yet, this game gets more frustrating with every patch.

(For anyone who has figured anything out...)
Do you have to get Vickie to the party to hook up with Ashley?
Does being on Ashley's good side ruin the quest given from Vickie?
Giving up for now because saving / loading over and over is tedious.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
>>>Does being on Ashley's good side ruin the quest given from Vickie?

Yeah, I think this one is not yet fixed.
You are supposed to give flower to Ashley for this, but it only works if Redemption quest is running, not Affection quest.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, garage is borked but it's not a showstopper since you can face a different direction and it will come back. It seems like a good way to see what is interactable in the room since those don't disappear. I'm looking forward to the npc's interacting with/screwing each other and the alternatives to solving quests.

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
Unplayable for me. When it bothers to get past the title screen at all (10% of attempts) it rapes my CPU. When it sticks at the title screen it also rapes my CPU, half the time so badly that I can't even escape it and have to do a hard reboot. On the very rare occasions it HAS started I find the controls impossible to use. It captures my cursor and disappears it, replacing it with a minute crosshairs thing that shifts your perspective jerkily and at varying speeds while you HAVE TO use your keyboard to move about. What I imagine would simply be bad when working properly is nothing short of impossible when it isn't working properly. Unity is bad enough in most regular circumstances but in this one it's a nightmare! Deleting now.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
The path when Ashley shows you her room and talks about Madison (like burning her stuff), is still broken. It does not progress after sitting to sofa and first dialogue.

Same for Vickie path, if having Affection quest active.

3.60 star(s) 61 Votes