Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
...i just have house party.exe and house party data
Wrong destination. As both post and suggest, open your 'User Files' (or 'Documents') in the user directory under Windows. There you add story files, NOT into the game folder (where house party.exe and house party_data reside).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The complete path would look like this: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\..., USERPROFILE is a generic term which Windows can use for your username (the one you login with). If your username is Crazy the path would look like: Crazy\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\..., it's essentially the same.
This is basic Windows knowledge you should master. Do a websearch for '%USERPROFILE%', 'Windows User Documents' and the like, and learn about this.

Report back if it helped to exchange the story files, because if they may be corrupted for some reason your game cannot load the normal story, so no gameplay for you (crashes, freezes and what else).

how to put stories manually?
Same goes for you except you put 'modded' story files inside 'Stories' folder. That should be it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anonymous0271

Anonymous0271

Sep 29, 2017
Wrong destination. As both post and suggest, open your 'User Files' (or 'Documents') in the user directory under Windows. There you add story files, NOT into the game folder (where house party.exe and house party_data reside).

The complete path would look like this: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\..., USERPROFILE is a generic term which Windows can use for your username (the one you login with). If your username is Crazy the path would look like: Crazy\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\..., it's essentially the same.
This is basic Windows knowledge you should master. Do a websearch for '%USERPROFILE%', 'Windows User Documents' and the like, and learn about this.

Report back if it helped to exchange the story files, because if they may be corrupted for some reason your game cannot load the normal story, so no gameplay for you (crashes, freezes and what else).

Same goes for you except you put 'modded' story files inside 'Stories' folder. That should be it.
so lag 25 mins. loading i think this game is high graphics

faurby92

May 21, 2017
Does anyone know how to do the "untie Ashley's top event"? Been chasing her around for hours, but there might be a bug.
Alternatively does anyone know the console command to trigger(complete) the event or get Vickie's phone number?

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
stock in loading
As faurby mentioned, turn down all 'fancy graphics' at first, reduce resolution. Make sure the game does load properly, so you see the extra story works and there is no bug or something with the modded files. You can reactivate fancy stuff later, if your system can run the game with better graphics and higher resolution.

Thanks to @faurby92 for hint, +like.

Reactions: faurby92

dattang

Sep 17, 2017
Does anyone know how to do the "untie Ashley's top event"? Been chasing her around for hours, but there might be a bug.
Alternatively does anyone know the console command to trigger(complete) the event or get Vickie's phone number?
You just need to follow her and get behind her an click on her back area (not sure where just click a few times till you get it)
As far as I know it won't work twice so once you do it you get her top sent to your inventory and you can't get it done twice

dattang

Sep 17, 2017

welp its still not working for me sadly :[

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Hey, I have a problem when it comes to bring down the console. I´m from a spanish talking country, hence I have a spanish entry keyboard. Console wont come down if I press the button above Tab. Any solution? Is it posible to edit the key bind?

Update: changing windows entry language does not seem to work...
We're just now getting into broader localization/translation. If the splash screen loader (comes up after running the .exe, where you set resolution etc.) keyboard config. options aren't helpful, it's just going to be a bit before we widely support more input options. We're working with some localization companies now on translations...so maybe they'll be able to assist with keyboard configurations as well.

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
That is happenning, when you team up with microsoft. Your linux build will not work, your windows build won't work on wine. I rarely try to download anything made with unity3d.

Linux build gives this:

House Party 0.7.5-Linux$ ./HouseParty.x86
Debug info from gdb:

Could not attach to process. If your uid matches the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.

House Party 0.7.5-Linux$ ./HouseParty.x86_64
PlayerInitEngineNoGraphics settings: Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
editor and platform support versions.
Failed to initialize player
Yeah it's kind of a PITA for us to rely on Unity building out our Mac and Linux versions. We have tickets open to work on these as time goes on but the lower level compatibility stuff can be tough given the control/tools we have access to ATM...we'll keep trying!

Reactions: Cirro84

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
how to put stories manually? plz help i want to play this game
The Original Story? You can reference this post, second subsection:

In short, download it from this link (change the version number x.x.x to match YOUR installed version number) and drop the folders you extract into C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories.

In the end you should roughly see:

If you're referring to custom stories, you can download them from our official forums and again, place the folder containing their files into the Mods\Stories folder called out above. Just be careful that they aren't old/version mismatched, etc.

TanatOS

May 5, 2017
House Party v0.7.6 Beta
Win32+Win64+Linux+MacOS in attached torrent
OR
In case of downloading Original Story problems, extract attached zip in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\

and maybe once party will be held also in the office.

orrayt3x

May 23, 2017
th
House Party v0.7.6 Beta
Win32+Win64+Linux+MacOS in attached torrent
OR
In case of downloading Original Story problems, extract attached zip in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\

and maybe once party will be held also in the office.
thanks

neon767

Aug 9, 2016
latest version seems to be bugged. can't interact with diary in the safe in any way. doesn't even say anything if i hover over it

GusTTShowbiz

Aug 6, 2017
Hi! Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Maybe I'm just super dumb or I messed something up, but I can't find any damn scrap of paper in the study (as I read in walkthroughs). I see a stack of post-its but can't click on it. I ran around and grabbed a bunch of stuff early on but I don't have paper in my inventory.

Tried searching this thread but I didn't find anything (could have failed there, too)

What am I missing?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Hi! Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Maybe I'm just super dumb or I messed something up, but I can't find any damn scrap of paper in the study (as I read in walkthroughs). I see a stack of post-its but can't click on it. I ran around and grabbed a bunch of stuff early on but I don't have paper in my inventory.

Tried searching this thread but I didn't find anything (could have failed there, too)

What am I missing?
It was right next to the laptop but could have fallen off on the floor.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
mmh editor 0.7.3 is out, it is compatible with 7.5 ?? for custom stories

3.60 star(s) 61 Votes