Fargoduster

Jun 25, 2017
it is not in the inventory. if I go with the cursor on it does not show me that it is a diary. can not click it. you see it on the pictures

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
it is not in the inventory. if I go with the cursor on it does not show me that it is a diary. can not click it. you see it on the pictures
Ok save the game then go in My Doc and in the Eek folder and delete the Original Story and then start up the game again and it will down load a new copy and see it that works.
Make sure to keep the old Original Story just in case something goes wrong.

neon767

Aug 9, 2016
yeah, i have the same problem on latest version as well with diary. redownloading original story didn't fix it, so probably just a bug that will need to be fixed for next version.

MajorGrimbly

Nov 6, 2017
Yep. Definitely a bug with the most recent version. It *is* a beta, after all and there have been some fairly extensive changes over the last couple of updates. According to the Eek forums, the next patch is due out on Steam within the week, so once that's out, you can probably safely assume that all of the publicly released versions are going to have that particular problem fixed.

EDIT: As per the official website:

(Beta 11/9/17)

• Improved lighting
  • Improved translation tools and mechanics
  • Added official Chinese translation to the game
  • Fixed a bug where you couldn’t take Madison’s diary
  • Fixed a bug with Katherine not responding to the cell jammer
  • Fixed a bug with the Load Game menu not working from the main menu.

So there we go.

Last edited:

Mantaraylee

Nov 6, 2017
Just downloaded 0.7.5 to and the game can not be opened, says file were damaged and I tries again same thing happen. Anyone has a solution? its a MacOS 10.12.6

TanatOS

May 5, 2017
House Party v0.7.7 Beta
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Win32+Win64+Linux+MacOS in attached torrent
OR
In case of downloading Original Story problems, extract attached zip in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Eek\House Party\
and maybe once party will be held also in the office.

Reactions: Graybo

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
A formalized list will accompany the full push tomorrow. For now if you look at the official website and look at the notes for 0.7.4, 0.7.5, 0.7.6, and 0.7.7, that will encompass the changes from 0.7.3 to the new version.

Bddawg

May 5, 2017
I am stuck with finding the painkillers for Patrick. Would someone be able to put a screen shot or describe the location? The 0.73 walkthrough says behind master bedroom door on a shelf. I cant seem to find it there.
Thanks.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I am stuck with finding the painkillers for Patrick. Would someone be able to put a screen shot or describe the location? The 0.73 walkthrough says behind master bedroom door on a shelf. I cant seem to find it there.
Thanks.
Behind the master bedroom bathroom door on the shelfs.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Full and complete change log from 7.3 to 7.7 release builds.

Last edited:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
House Party v0.7.7 Beta
Win32+Win64+Linux+MacOS in attached torrent
OR
In case of downloading Original Story problems, extract attached zip in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Eek\House Party\
and maybe once party will be held also in the office.
hey bro ! whats the mod for ? what did it do ?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
hey bro ! whats the mod for ? what did it do ?
That's just incase the Original Story does not download when you first start up the game.

HP always downloads the most recent Original Story to keep the story up to date.

EekGames_Don

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
That's just incase the Original Story does not download when you first start up the game.

HP always downloads the most recent Original Story to keep the story up to date.
FYI it will also be downloading official translations from us in the future. You'll see this in Mods/Languages now.

Reactions: a1fox3
3.60 star(s) 61 Votes