VN House of Seduction (new game)

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
The animation is coming along nicely.
Constructive advice on improving it, may be to animate the other hand, water ripples, or subtle motions such as breathing effects.
I have no clue the 3D animation application you are utilizing, so water animation may be difficult. alternatives could be particle effect motion, or a semi transparent water/ripple animation texture blended over the water material.

I only stumbled on the thread today and look forward to downloading the intro and acquainting myself with your ongoing story and soon to be gameplay.
Thanks for the advice as we are resource poor we can only do basic animation, however we hope to improve on that in the future

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
In response to a comment, valid and fair as it was, it would be best to give you an idea of what to our plans are regarding relationship with the girls.

1) This isn't a pick one girl and that is it VN

2) The first three updates will concentrate on one girl in order to set the story

3) After V0.3 the MC will be able to have relationship with more than one female character

4) Relationship

M/F
F/F
M/F/F
M/F/F/F
Harem

Reactions: JDpoke

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
After the release of V0.1 there were a few people who suggested we should of added incest or should add incest to the game and after much discussion we have decide the following.

We won't be adding incest to the game for two reason. Firstly, and this is going to be no surprise, incest is a taboo subject on Patreon and as this is going to be our main source of income it was felt best not to risk adding incest and getting banned for it. Secondly we felt there was no way of adding it to the game in a way that was both natural and made sense.

However we have decide that Mom and both the sisters will be joining in the sexy fun and to this end we will be adding a second main male character in the near future to make this possible. Those of you wanted to see mom and sisters having sex will get but it not in the way some of you would of wanted so we hope this compromise works for you.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Why not just go with the tried and trusted "landlady and her daughters" route? Then someone can make a patch.

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Why not just go with the tried and trusted "landlady and her daughters" route? Then someone can make a patch.
We did think of that and we felt in order to do that this game would of had to have incest from the start plus we would of needed to do a radical change in Mom and MC's relationship

Reactions: ontach

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
What you or most ppl want is innocence and does not always have to be incest to be a crowd pleaser. So it can be a friend(women) who died and her daughter will have to stay with you or a neighbors daughter etc...

Reactions: ontach

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
We did think of that and we felt in order to do that this game would of had to have incest from the start plus we would of needed to do a radical change in Mom and MC's relationship
Plenty of landladies (in India, at least) behave like they're your real mom. In fact, paying guest accommodation is the preferred choice for young women staying away from home for work. Puts a serious cramp in one's love life, though. LOL

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
V0.1 is out so now it's time to turn our attention V0.2 and a little little beyond.

So going to new in V0.2?
A new character will be introduced called Sarah and she will be the owner of the new location 'The Jazzy Bean Coffee Shop'. She will also be MC's boss and another dateable character.

We will adding more to the Cassie story as we begin to find out she isn't all that she seems to be

As a way to reward you for your support we will adding Patreon content with different Sub levels unlocking different scenes. As we hit each subscription goal we will add more content and animations to this content

Going forward we will be introducing a new second playable male character, called Steve, in V0.3 and you the player will get to decide whether he is good guy or bad guy in later updates. We are adding Steve to help spice things up with Mom and the sisters but that the will depend on the route you choose for him.

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
upload_2018-7-21_16-32-24.png
New UI but it still work in progress

As you can see we have been working on an update for v 0.1, it's mostly a cosmetic update so new content. What we have added though is the ability to load/save at anytime and made it easier to see those all important stats. We've also done some tinkering with text but they are small changes just tidy some of dialogue up a bit
In other news we are still adding a second male character but he will no longer be playable. He will important to the story going forward and we will give you further about him in a later update.

Currently we deciding whether to do a full version of v0.2 and if we do we will be adding another female character. However we may do v0.2 in two parts so may not see her until v0.3

One last thing we have update the prologue in order to fit in with future plans (ssshhh it might be incest content)

Kaiww

Jul 8, 2018
I am also very sceptical because will it sounds very good your concept you do realize how much work it is to implement open choice in game ?

You have to write, code and make art for every possible choice you offer the Player or we will not get the feeling that we have a real choice.
I wish you luck with your project and hope you achieve your goals. You got my respect for trying something at all, cause I would not even consider trying to make my own game ;)

regards
Kai

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
I am also very sceptical because will it sounds very good your concept you do realize how much work it is to implement open choice in game ?

You have to write, code and make art for every possible choice you offer the Player or we will not get the feeling that we have a real choice.
I wish you luck with your project and hope you achieve your goals. You got my respect for trying something at all, cause I would not even consider trying to make my own game ;)

regards
Kai
Yep images for all choices and we are aware of the work involved. To make it as easy as possible for CG guys I write the scenes as simple as possible and in some cases keep the scenes as short as possible. This doesn't apply to all choices sometimes I have a write a large scene for both choices. Coding I've been told isn't to difficult but it can go wrong that where testing comes in.

Kaiww

Jul 8, 2018
Yep images for all choices and we are aware of the work involved. To make it as easy as possible for CG guys I write the scenes as simple as possible and in some cases keep the scenes as short as possible. This doesn't apply to all choices sometimes I have a write a large scene for both choices. Coding I've been told isn't to difficult but it can go wrong that where testing comes in.
Coding can go very wrong, a tip from a naive guy that knows nothing, keep yourself organized within the files or the bug hunt will be a Nightmare ;)

If you keep scenes to short it will feel as if you have no character development, you have to find the sweet spot between reasonable short and enough story and character development if you want it to give a good player experience.

Most games lake the character development part, for myself I do not like "get out of bed, flirt three times with your sister, then fuck her 20 different ways." not what I want in a game.

Repetitive gameplay is also a factor, I do not mind a bit but if you have to much people will start feeling bored with it very quickly.

But of course that is only my opinion and like I said I wish you good luck and positive responses ;)

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Coding can go very wrong, a tip from a naive guy that knows nothing, keep yourself organized within the files or the bug hunt will be a Nightmare ;)

If you keep scenes to short it will feel as if you have no character development, you have to find the sweet spot between reasonable short and enough story and character development if you want it to give a good player experience.

Most games lake the character development part, for myself I do not like "get out of bed, flirt three times with your sister, then fuck her 20 different ways." not what I want in a game.

Repetitive gameplay is also a factor, I do not mind a bit but if you have to much people will start feeling bored with it very quickly.

But of course that is only my opinion and like I said I wish you good luck and positive responses ;)
Pretty much what we are trying to avoid and yes the sweet spot is mean lady to please

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
upload_2018-8-5_9-53-4.png
Hello all, well it's time for another update and to introduce a new character being added in V0.2
Her name is Sarah and she is the manger of the 'Jazzy Bean Coffee Shop' and MC's new boss. What else about her? Well she is 27 yrs old and a close friend of Kate's and she also has a thing for...............????????? (sorry no spoilers)
Now to address the Elephant in the room, Steve, and the role he will play in the game.
1) He is not a playable character
2) He is to be a secondary character
3) He can seduce the girls in the house but can be stopped by the MC, be nice to girls and he will fail (unless you want to him to succeed)
We are also putting the finishing touches to V1.1 and should be releasing it soon.

V1.1 wil also include a patch to allow incest content, yes we are adding incest

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Some hints and tips:

- Try to make the textbox with the text a bit more centered. Easier for the eyes.
- Since it's not Ren'py you should still try to add some functionalities that work from Ren'py. Easy saving is really a must.
- If you going serious with plot writing I really recommend reading through some guides on story writing. That is not to look down upon your skills or anything, but there are surprisingly many details you wouldn't know about (unless you got a background in writing). I myself spent weeks with learning that and far from good enough.
- Your characters look good and not generic. But I see that there is no reflection in their eyes. be careful of dead eyes! Many times if lightning is done correctly this will solve itself but other times you need a extra lightning just for the eyes.
(Spectalur eyelightning is a good one) It can make a render go from looking okay to great just with that alone.
A rough example;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looking forward to the game! And I wish you the best with it.

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Some hints and tips:

- Try to make the textbox with the text a bit more centered. Easier for the eyes.
- Since it's not Ren'py you should still try to add some functionalities that work from Ren'py. Easy saving is really a must.
- If you going serious with plot writing I really recommend reading through some guides on story writing. That is not to look down upon your skills or anything, but there are surprisingly many details you wouldn't know about (unless you got a background in writing). I myself spent weeks with learning that and far from good enough.
- Your characters look good and not generic. But I see that there is no reflection in their eyes. be careful of dead eyes! Many times if lightning is done correctly this will solve itself but other times you need a extra lightning just for the eyes.
(Spectalur eyelightning is a good one) It can make a render go from looking okay to great just with that alone.
A rough example;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looking forward to the game! And I wish you the best with it.
Thanks for the comments much appreciated

ssrrxxbr

Oct 20, 2017
"Going forward we will be introducing a new second playable male character, called Steve, in V0.3 and you the player will get to decide whether he is good guy or bad guy in later updates. We are adding Steve to help spice things up with Mom and the sisters but that the will depend on the route you choose for him..."

I got it wrong.. I thought Steve would be an antagonist .. but we will control him? .. so it's not funny :FeelsBadMan:

Madbadbutajoytoknow

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
"Going forward we will be introducing a new second playable male character, called Steve, in V0.3 and you the player will get to decide whether he is good guy or bad guy in later updates. We are adding Steve to help spice things up with Mom and the sisters but that the will depend on the route you choose for him..."

I got it wrong.. I thought Steve would be an antagonist .. but we will control him? .. so it's not funny :FeelsBadMan:
We have had a change of heart, Steve will no longer be a playable character he'll just be a secondary character to keep MC on his toes

Reactions: ssrrxxbr