Ren'Py Completed Hotwives on Holiday [v1.0] [Nextdoor Studio]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
HotwivesOnHoliday-D3
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Hotwives on Holiday is one of those games that is quite hard to rate propely. On one hand, you have a story filled with humor that isn't too realistic, but fun nonetheless. On the other hand, this game features some renders that really have no business being in a $20 game. Overall, this is a mixed bag.

Callie is a run-of-the-mill cheating wife who asked her friend Jasmine (the hotwife) to come along for a trip to Cancún. During their vacation, the topic of sex comes up and Callie learns about Jasmine being a hotwife. They go about the island, each hanlding their urges in their respective ways. Drama ensues as the women look for ways to save their little weekend abroad.

While Jasmine and Callie are fairly realistic and good-looking (which helps ground the story), often times the game's renders can get quite noisy. This itself would not be much of an issue. However, there are times where the renders become so compressed / low quality you can count the pixels - or worse, faces are smudged or at the very least AI altered or generated.

Despite the game missing animations or elaborate sex scenes, the sex still comes off as believable. Sex scenes are offered in two flavors and are usually somewhat short. This game focuses on story more so than it does on sexual tension.

All in all, I had fun playing Hotwifes on Holiday. It took me about one hour to finish through all three days two times, exploring all flavors. Overall, it's a mixed bag. While the story writing isn't A+, it's believable and sometimes downright funny. The renders are serviceable, but lack consistency. Special bonus points for including the men of the women and their points of view. Being a hotwife takes some work!

3/5

Extra thoughts

I really don't know what's up with the rendering of this game. The women look pretty hot and the writing is serviceable, but these renders look so darn awful at times. I'll drop a few under a spoiler tag so you can see what you're up for.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Understandable, this is a one man project - but why is the rendering so inconsistent? Sometimes it feels like some of these renders are AI-generated or something. Most of it is average-ish - often the lighting of the front models and the backdrop doesn't match - but this doesn't belong to be in a $20 game, in my opinion.

jimmyjambles

Mar 8, 2022
Understandable, this is a one man project - but why is the rendering so inconsistent? Sometimes it feels like some of these renders are AI-generated or something. Most of it is average-ish - often the lighting of the front models and the backdrop doesn't match - but this doesn't belong to be in a $20 game, in my opinion.
Speaking as someone who's spent some time in DAZ, it looks like some 3D environments have been converted to 2D backgrounds. The Day 3 shot also appears to feature a large number of characters who have likewise been converted to 2D. These techniques are sometimes necessary if you don't have very much VRAM to work with. It can also vastly reduce the amount of time it takes to render a scene, which may be necessary if you don't have a lot of spare time to put your shots together, or if your GPU is entry-level.

Reactions: AMRFTY

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
Speaking as someone who's spent some time in DAZ, it looks like some 3D environments have been converted to 2D backgrounds. The Day 3 shot also appears to feature a large number of characters who have likewise been converted to 2D. These techniques are sometimes necessary if you don't have very much VRAM to work with. It can also vastly reduce the amount of time it takes to render a scene, which may be necessary if you don't have a lot of spare time to put your shots together, or if your GPU is entry-level.
That's actually an interesting addition, thank you. I have no knowledge on DAZ, so what does converting the 3D environments to 2D do? Lower their respective quality in the render? So you would say 2D renders of the main characters have been used in 3D environments? But how does this lower the quality, as this is very much a genre where 3D environments and 2D images of 3D characters mix well.

If this is the case, I don't know I agree with the dev pulling this. I can imagine why - to be done with the project earlier - but if it deteriorates the quality of the rest of the game, I wouldn't even consider it. It doesn't matter however, I'm not the developer and the choices have been made. Thank you for giving me more information on this - if you know anything extra, be sure to educate me if you can!

jimmyjambles

Mar 8, 2022
That's actually an interesting addition, thank you. I have no knowledge on DAZ, so what does converting the 3D environments to 2D do? Lower their respective quality in the render? So you would say 2D renders of the main characters have been used in 3D environments? But how does this lower the quality, as this is very much a genre where 3D environments and 2D images of 3D characters mix well.
When it comes time to turn a 3D scene into a render, all the 3D objects in the scene --even if they are not actually visible in the frame -- get loaded into the GPU's memory, which is separate from system memory. By using 2D backgrounds and 2D background characters, you can avoid exceeding your GPU's memory pool. If you exceed it, an Nvidia GPU (which dominates the market) switches completely from GPU-based rendering to CPU-based rendering, which takes like 10 times longer. So you want to do everything you can to avoid that. Their main competitor AMD has Radeon Pro Render which can cleanly offload the overflow to the CPU, but it's not supported in DAZ.

The main characters in this game all appear to be 3D. However, there is a lot of noise, as you noticed. Part of this has to do with one's level of skill with lighting techniques. But there's also the issue of rendering at 1280x720 resolution instead of 1920x1080. When your display is 1080p or higher, 720p gets stretched and doesn't look great. It's also possible that the dev cancels renders before they are complete, which can save a lot of time but leaves noise behind.

Reactions: King Wan and AMRFTY

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
When it comes time to turn a 3D scene into a render, all the 3D objects in the scene --even if they are not actually visible in the frame -- get loaded into the GPU's memory, which is separate from system memory. By using 2D backgrounds and 2D background characters, you can avoid exceeding your GPU's memory pool. If you exceed it, an Nvidia GPU (which dominates the market) switches completely from GPU-based rendering to CPU-based rendering, which takes like 10 times longer. So you want to do everything you can to avoid that. Their main competitor AMD has Radeon Pro Render which can cleanly offload the overflow to the CPU, but it's not supported in DAZ.

The main characters in this game all appear to be 3D. However, there is a lot of noise, as you noticed. Part of this has to do with one's level of skill with lighting techniques. But there's also the issue of rendering at 1280x720 resolution instead of 1920x1080. When your display is 1080p or higher, 720p gets stretched and doesn't look great. It's also possible that the dev cancels renders before they are complete, which can save a lot of time but leaves noise behind.
Thank you, that learned me a lot today. Maybe I should put some time into DAZ someday to better understand the differences and what these developers are doing which decreases the quality of their games. I guess time spent making the game is a stat to watch as well. No one wants to wait nor develop forever..

slaifer99

Jan 22, 2023
I am here. I didn't know about this site. Thank you for the invitation.
I played Jasmine Hotwife for life and liked it. There are few games about Hotwifing out there, and I think that developers should make more games with this theme, which is often caricatured and always with the same ideas, but your game was good even without many features specific to the game itself.

Reactions: atrebor68

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
I played Jasmine Hotwife for life and liked it. There are few games about Hotwifing out there, and I think that developers should make more games with this theme, which is often caricatured and always with the same ideas, but your game was good even without many features specific to the game itself.
I agree man, JHFL is one of the firsts and one of the best.

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes