VN Ren'Py Onhold Honeymoon Island [v1.1] [TK8000]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
There will be in the future. Now I'm working on other things, fixing and finishing other projects.

Losing patience bro
Please update
Sorry, I'm also looking forward to doing the new scenes, but this was a game that I published without even putting my name on it (except in a readme file that nobody reads) precisely because I don't want people looking forward to it while I'm not actually working on it yet. But I'll get back to it as soon as I've finished other projects, and in the next update (unfortunately only in 2024), I'll start to take the game seriously, put my name on it and do regular updates.

any news?
Not yet. I'm going to resume the game as soon as I finish Solvalley School (January 2024?).

Poolmax007

Jun 21, 2019
There will be in the future. Now I'm working on other things, fixing and finishing other projects.

Sorry, I'm also looking forward to doing the new scenes, but this was a game that I published without even putting my name on it (except in a readme file that nobody reads) precisely because I don't want people looking forward to it while I'm not actually working on it yet. But I'll get back to it as soon as I've finished other projects, and in the next update (unfortunately only in 2024), I'll start to take the game seriously, put my name on it and do regular updates.

Not yet. I'm going to resume the game as soon as I finish Solvalley School (January 2024?).
Take your time bro
I knew someday it'll come

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Take your time bro
I knew someday it'll come
I'm anxious too because there's a real risk that AIs will start to make these games "obsolete" in the coming years. So I want to try to move faster. When I finish Solvalley School, however, it will open up a lot of opportunities for me to explore new things. There will only be one more update for that game.

Poolmax007

Jun 21, 2019
I'm anxious too because there's a real risk that AIs will start to make these games "obsolete" in the coming years. So I want to try to move faster. When I finish Solvalley School, however, it will open up a lot of opportunities for me to explore new things. There will only be one more update for that game.
We're optimistic about your games bro. Don't worry It will flourish under your capable hands. 3dcg ❤❤❤

Poolmax007

Jun 21, 2019
Happy New year

I hope this year we'll get an update or
A new game base on 3d renders like this
I'm excited what's cooking behind the scenes

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Happy New year

I hope this year we'll get an update or
A new game base on 3d renders like this
I'm excited what's cooking behind the scenes
Good news, today I bought an RTX 3090 for the sole purpose of continuing to work on Honeymoon Island. Rendering with my current GPU which only has 8GB of VRAM is a nightmare, but with the RTX3090 this is no longer a problem.
While the GPU doesn't arrive, I'm working on the latest Solvalley School update and after that I'll create another update for Honeymoon Island.

The only problem is that I honestly don't know if this game has the potential to make me money. I paid $1400 for the GPU, which is more than I make in a whole month on Patreon, but we'll see. In the next update I'll put my name to the project to see if it attracts any more patrons.

mytaca

Feb 11, 2019
dude i just love your work and honeymoon island has potential to be your top game!
good rendering is one thing that can attract WAY more people into your work!
and you creativeness and capacity to develop good dialogues and story can push you way higher with this game!
good luck!

Reactions: Poolmax007

Poolmax007

Jun 21, 2019
Good to hear this project is still alive and kicking. I'm sure your hard earned money will not waste and your upcoming games will skyrocket your patreons in no time. Keep up the the good work

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I took advantage of this Sunday (I'm not working on my other stuff right now) to finally test my new RTX3090 and its rendering capabilities. The attached image took only 1 minute and 47 seconds to render.

The rendering power of this GPU is insane and I'm very happy because from now on it will be super easy to create new scenes for HoneyMoon Island. Of course, scenes with a lot of natural light are very fast to render, but indoor scenes, for example, will take a LOT longer, but nothing too inconvenient.

Another advantage is that I can render the scenes without having to manually remove everything that isn't in view of the camera to save VRAM. This alone will make working on the scenes super easy.

Poolmax007

Jun 21, 2019
I took advantage of this Sunday (I'm not working on my other stuff right now) to finally test my new RTX3090 and its rendering capabilities. The attached image took only 1 minute and 47 seconds to render.

The rendering power of this GPU is insane and I'm very happy because from now on it will be super easy to create new scenes for HoneyMoon Island. Of course, scenes with a lot of natural light are very fast to render, but indoor scenes, for example, will take a LOT longer, but nothing too inconvenient.

Another advantage is that I can render the scenes without having to manually remove everything that isn't in view of the camera to save VRAM. This alone will make working on the scenes super easy.
Finally it's happening
Yo hooo
And it's looking awesome

Greenhorse

Jun 11, 2018
Your 3D models look better than most. Don't know why so many people make the women look so terrible.
Great work.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Well, at first, when I saw that you were thinking about not pursuing this project, I thought it would be a waste of time to try it.
I really hate it when a game I love falls into oblivion and ends up abandoned.
But having played two other of your games, I couldn't resist the temptation to try it anyway. Well, let's be honest, the girls are really... charming? :love:
Not only is it a nice change from your other games in terms of rendering (not that they were bad, on the contrary, I loved them) but as a new project and for someone who did this with the aim of learning, you're damn good at what you do. I was really afraid to see this little gem get that damn yellow label, it would have been a real shame. Lots of potential to develop, and as for the story line, I don't see what could go wrong, based on what I've seen in your other games. You are much more talented than many developers imho. I will now be sure to keep an eye on this little treasure under construction

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolmax007

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Your 3D models look better than most. Don't know why so many people make the women look so terrible.
Great work.
I think that most VNs using DAZ Studio use old assets, such as the Genesis 3 models.

DAZ Studio has made a leap in quality with Genesis 8.1 and now Genesis 9. The most striking improvement is in facial expressions, which is by far the thing that annoys me most about DAZ models, if you notice in many of these VNs, the girls make extremely hideous expressions. I'm using a thing called "Face Controls", which uses a different technology (FACS - Facial Action Coding System), so when the characters smile or open their mouths, they don't look like demons from hell, but real humans.

Well, at first, when I saw that you were thinking about not pursuing this project, I thought it would be a waste of time to try it.
I really hate it when a game I love falls into oblivion and ends up abandoned.
But having played two other of your games, I couldn't resist the temptation to try it anyway. Well, let's be honest, the girls are really... charming? :love:
Not only is it a nice change from your other games in terms of rendering (not that they were bad, on the contrary, I loved them) but as a new project and for someone who did this with the aim of learning, you're damn good at what you do. I was really afraid to see this little gem get that damn yellow label, it would have been a real shame. Lots of potential to develop, and as for the story line, I don't see what could go wrong, based on what I've seen in your other games. You are much more talented than many developers imho. I will now be sure to keep an eye on this little treasure under construction
I'm already working on this project again in my spare time. Now that I have an RTX3090, I can create more renders more easily, which is enabling me to create branches in scenes with different events.

For example, in chapter 11 (the first chapter of the next update), depending on the player's choice, the sister can end up with her hands on the MC's penis, or with her face. I want there to be several of these "branches" that slightly alter events, but that return to the main "timeline" afterwards. I think it's an interesting way of making the game a little bit interactive, but without the player feeling that they're missing out on content with the branches.

The different branches will affect the characters' "memory"; in future conversations, they will be able to recall what happened and they will recognize the branches that the player has decided on. I think it's a nice way of making players commit to their choices instead of using the rollback to see all the alternatives. Maybe this will add replayability to the game as well.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
I think that most VNs using DAZ Studio use old assets, such as the Genesis 3 models.

DAZ Studio has made a leap in quality with Genesis 8.1 and now Genesis 9. The most striking improvement is in facial expressions, which is by far the thing that annoys me most about DAZ models, if you notice in many of these VNs, the girls make extremely hideous expressions. I'm using a thing called "Face Controls", which uses a different technology (FACS - Facial Action Coding System), so when the characters smile or open their mouths, they don't look like demons from hell, but real humans.

I'm already working on this project again in my spare time. Now that I have an RTX3090, I can create more renders more easily, which is enabling me to create branches in scenes with different events.

For example, in chapter 11 (the first chapter of the next update), depending on the player's choice, the sister can end up with her hands on the MC's penis, or with her face. I want there to be several of these "branches" that slightly alter events, but that return to the main "timeline" afterwards. I think it's an interesting way of making the game a little bit interactive, but without the player feeling that they're missing out on content with the branches.

The different branches will affect the characters' "memory"; in future conversations, they will be able to recall what happened and they will recognize the branches that the player has decided on. I think it's a nice way of making players commit to their choices instead of using the rollback to see all the alternatives. Maybe this will add replayability to the game as well.
Yeah, I've already read about your plans to work on it again, and buying an RTX 3090 is pretty telling that you'll be able to put on good work faster. I can't even imagine what a nightmare it was with your old GPU.

As for the branching paths, I think you are on the right track. I think most players like having different choices that actually matter. Mandatory or not but at least with different arcs that affect the characters in the game.
I'm quite thrilled and can't wait to see the outcome of the next chapter.
In any case, a certain “little mermaid” might have just joined to support your project on your patreon page

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes