Recommending Home of Incest

5.00 star(s) 20 Votes

What kind of main incest relationships do you like the most?

• Total voters

nln0

Sep 4, 2017

FuLL

Aug 3, 2017
Hi im planning on working on a M/S game can anyone provide me knowledge on getting it started like what software do I need to use and other extras
I use 'Daz Studio' for scenes, 'Zbrush' for sculpting, 'Marvelous Designer' for clothing (more realistic simulation), 'Blender' for creating new objects, 'C4D', and 'Substance Painter' for creating/modifying textures (works really well for customizing surfaces). I achieve rather satisfying results; the atmosphere plays a significant role. For post-production, I use 'Photoshop.' I recommend rendering in 'Neutral' and then applying LUTs.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Hi im planning on working on a M/S game can anyone provide me knowledge on getting it started like what software do I need to use and other extras
Also, as a quick tip, please make sure you have a story outlined, just so you know which direction(s) you want the story to go. Too often, I see devs release games here that seem to decide on the story from release to release. I mean, you can include input from players/supporters of your work along the way, just plan things out a little bit. The outline is only for you to keep track of what's important to the overall story, so keywords that remind yourself on what to focus on will be more than enough.

When it comes to putting everything together (after the artwork is done), Ren'Py is one of the easier platforms to make code for, and that one is even free (open source). Knowing Python beforehand is a bonus, but it's also easy to learn it along the way. There are plenty of guides, both on the official website, and in the forums listed earlier.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Also, as a quick tip, please make sure you have a story outlined, just so you know which direction(s) you want the story to go. Too often, I see devs release games here that seem to decide on the story from release to release. I mean, you can include input from players/supporters of your work along the way, just plan things out a little bit. The outline is only for you to keep track of what's important to the overall story, so keywords that remind yourself on what to focus on will be more than enough.
This part is really important. I'd wager there are at least as many games that were abandoned due to the creator having no idea where to take the story as there are ones that the creator just didn't have the time to work on.

Kai Andersen

May 1, 2018
Friends, a new game “Thirsty Pathogen” from the developer Silent Pyramid. RPGM system. There is an “incest” tag, the establishment of family relationships at the beginning of the game. Estimated M/S, B/S ratios. The inconvenience, at least for me, is to control the keys rather than the mouse. https://f95zone.to/threads/thirsty-pathogen-v0-1b-silent-pyramid.198828/

sluraplea

Oct 7, 2023
I echo the suggestion you outline the story first. I would say don't even do anything else before writing 75% of the story, but honestly ideally 100%. You should look up some pointers on "creative writing" in general and what makes for good storytelling before diving in. I don't think anything else will have as much impact on the success of your game than writing a proper compelling story.

Having said that, I would also suggest that you pay special attention to lighting. Too many games have great models and decent stories but everything is so damn dark, and poor lighting can make even the greatest models and scenes look subpar. Here are a couple of recent posts on the topic which I thought were particularly insightful. They're from Yesterday's Crossroads which is a game with very good art. The second post is right below the first.

FuLL

Aug 3, 2017

When it comes to putting everything together (after the artwork is done), Ren'Py is one of the easier platforms to make code for, and that one is even free (open source). Knowing Python beforehand is a bonus, but it's also easy to learn it along the way. There are plenty of guides, both on the official website, and in the forums listed earlier.
Yes, he's absolutely right. Just because it's graphically beautiful doesn't mean it's a good story.

There are many ways to make a story, and you have to use the tools you really need.

In my case, I use a timeline with character sheets (about what the characters know or don't know, whether they did it, etc.).
It's easier for the author to find this information quickly.

A short storyboard before each chapter/season/version. This can save a lot of time, because you know where you're going, and you don't have to waste time looking for it during the story.

With a long storyboard, I put in all the plots, revelations, goals and routes, so I know where I'm going and what to do. (I did this before I even started the story, so I don't have to change the look along the way. Readers might get confused. the palliated goals, and above all the final goal

The character sheets, with their traits, characters, etc., let you know how your character would react to such and such a situation.

And we're not going to lie, the overall story is an asset... a good story can change everything. You can have ugly graphics and a good story can make you appreciate the work.

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
I echo the suggestion you outline the story first. I would say don't even do anything else before writing 75% of the story, but honestly ideally 100%. You should look up some pointers on "creative writing" in general and what makes for good storytelling before diving in. I don't think anything else will have as much impact on the success of your game than writing a proper compelling story.

Having said that, I would also suggest that you pay special attention to lighting. Too many games have great models and decent stories but everything is so damn dark, and poor lighting can make even the greatest models and scenes look subpar. Here are a couple of recent posts on the topic which I thought were particularly insightful. They're from Yesterday's Crossroads which is a game with very good art. The second post is right below the first.
I agree with all the people here talking about importance of the plot pre-planning. The negative example for me are all the games of Seath Black, who is a talented developer, no doubt. His characters are interesting and his approach is often non standard. But because of a lack or a complete absence of preliminary planning every their game very quickly descends into a mess of convoluted and contradicting plot lines which destroys half of the fun.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 20 Votes