VN Unity Hollywood Madness [Ch. 1] [Sweet Peach]

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
We're just two guys doing it in our spare time in secret, so we've got a lot to improve on. lol
I'll leave some examples of the arts we are trying for you to evaluate =)
Tell us what you think, okay? See ya!
Please keep the models you have. AI is fine for certain projects, but it is already starting to look similar in style.
Your game will blend in with the other AI games, and it will be lost in the crowd.
Going to renpy is smart as long as the look stays the same. The list of options that renpy allows is why it stands out.

My thought is that if the player has more control, they will enjoy the game more.
If you can add save/load, full/window screen, fast-forward animations, textbox opacity, ability to name characters, and things like that, it will vastly make the game more enjoyable.

I personally think the "dollz." That look goes with the story. kind of over-the-top look for a story based on Hollywood. (it's not even that over the top, IMO)

One thing to remember, Sweetpeach, is the members that yell the loudest are the ones that don't care about the game.

Advice: Make changes as efficiently as you can.
I wish you much success.

Last edited:

TwinCities

Jul 18, 2022
This was a mess that we'll fix right away. For now, we're talking to you guys to understand what's best for the game. So there's really only one hot scene. In our stupid devs head we thought we could call "scenes" each scene change =D
Sorry about that.
Sorry, could not remain silent about "A lot of content" A lot is how much? There are 3 sex scenes in this game) Although it says 130 , you still haven't answered this demo only 3 scenes and the full version is available for patreon subscribers or is it the full version?

Reactions: SweetPeach Games

fondleless

Nov 25, 2019
I'll drop my review here, because I don't feel like shitting on your games score that early in development, because I understand how these projects work and right now we only get to see a fraction of your idea. From the beginning the game feels like a genuine product(keyword) rather than a side-project/hobby. It is sold, advertised and played as such, high quality UX design although kinda lacking in fuction. There are no options to put the game in window mode or adjust sound,music, the speed of the letters being displayed, history of the previous dialogues, basic things a VN game should have. I understand you focused on showing off the game in terms of visuals but practicality key to games, not just visuals. Another personal note of mine, do not close the game on the press of a button instantly, humans are curious beings and we press ESC, DEL etc in games just to see what happens, always throw a warning that I am about to close the game, hinder progress if I did X thing or pressed Y thing, it is a sucky thing to go through the intro because I fucked around and found out. Music and sounds effects are all laid out and nice, but reading a 3 word sentence and have the speech bauble SFX play over n over, can become annoying.

The game is being developed in Unity, which means everything is coded "on frame" naturally alt-tabbing freezes the game, I would suggest lowering the frames instead because If someone is alt-tabbing he is most likely trying to avoid watching credits scene in the beginning with loud moaning sounds and very uninteresting visuals. I'd suggest establishing the world, place and energy of the world you are building instead of showing me beers, wine glasses and clothes. Panning camera shots to give a sense of movement and energy, on standstill scenes where two people converse is unessecery I know you find it stale, static having two people talk with a variation of 2-3 renders, perhaps make those 2-3 renders in completely different prespectives, like behind an object or POV of a person, get creative sliding from left to right isnt, EVEN on scenes where there is "action".

Again, this product could become in the future a very solid game, it is just a lot of grease for very little amount of gears.

SweetPeach Games

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2023
AI art can work but it requires you to edit them a bit, just look at the hands in angie's images, the first one is a mess, the second one has 7-8 fingers.

I would like to ask if the game will have a lesbian route, I saw that you said there will be lesbian scenes, but is it possible to avoid the content with men and have only lesbian scenes?

Yes, there's a route that can be possible to do that. :)

Jun 25, 2018
No Skip
No Rewind
Cutscenes are excessively long
Game pauses when alt tabbed
No graphical/Window settings

I know it isn't Renpy, but damn man. It's just a start button and nothing else.

SweetPeach Games

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2023
Hey! We took careful note of all suggestions for improvements that you gave. We're committed to making a good game, so we're going to move the project over to RenPy and make an effort to improve the characters. We have already started the first tests and we are waiting for your feedback to continue with the project. Thank you all.

angie.png

SweetPeach Games

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2023
Renpy would be so much better for this. I also hope the game options and choices you make actually lead to different scenes etc
yes, different routes will be available in the game. We posted this demo here to see if you guys would like it. many have given a lot of important feedback to make the game the best it can be, so we are considering all the comments and will deliver a new version with all the improvements we can make.

Reactions: Innesda

SoulReaverFo

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2017
I don't see how you gain anything from replacing you hard to make 3d models that clearly you have all the marketing put in on them. It is shooting yourself in the foot and never recovering so don't make this mistake, the nature of the ai generated images is that they are easy to generate in bulk but they lack proper care made by the artist or developer. Just make a side game where you tell side story a spin off and test the reception.

SweetPeach Games

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2023
I don't see how you gain anything from replacing you hard to make 3d models that clearly you have all the marketing put in on them. It is shooting yourself in the foot and never recovering so don't make this mistake, the nature of the ai generated images is that they are easy to generate in bulk but they lack proper care made by the artist or developer. Just make a side game where you tell side story a spin off and test the reception.
We gonna take the RenPy/3d models route for sure. We are studying the ai generated images to improve scenery and some complex graphic styles for now. Thanks for your reply. :)

Demithycs

Jan 20, 2018
What assets were used for this? Fairly sure this is the same engine/pack used for Happy Summer. And no I'm not calling out some plagiarism or anything like that, I am just legit curious. Since I really like the assets/models for HS but that damn game is stuck in Pussyfooting limbo.

But on to the game itself, game looks nice so far but it's still too early to judge. But keep up the good work, a fine start imo and hopefully we got some good stuff in a couple of updates. I personally will be watching out for this one.

SweetPeach Games

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2023
Hello! Regarding the engine, we use unity. The assets are from a variety of sources, and various artists that can be found on RenderHub. There are very good people there.

We are dedicated to considering the opinions here to continue with the project and we have already started to implement some of them, such as changing the engine for RenPy and restyling the characters. Thanks for your feedback

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

SweetPeach Games

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2023
AI art can work but it requires you to edit them a bit, just look at the hands in angie's images, the first one is a mess, the second one has 7-8 fingers.

I would like to ask if the game will have a lesbian route, I saw that you said there will be lesbian scenes, but is it possible to avoid the content with men and have only lesbian scenes?
Yes, we are still studying the feasibility and what are the challenges to integrate AI into the project. We decided for now to follow the route of making RenPy/3D because it is what delivers results faster and with quality. The images I posted of the models generated there were a study, as I said.

About the lesbian route: yes, it will be possible. There will be specific endings for alternate routes and this will be one of them.

Reactions: palmergames