4.20 star(s) 259 Votes

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
This is because the developer is tired of creating this story. I don't think it's gonna be any good after this. He also says he's taking a break.

My life has undergone significant changes since I started Hillside four years ago, and things are just not working for me right now. I no longer enjoy making Hillside and haven't done for a long time. I'm constantly stressed and unhappy, and it's affecting my personal life, the people around me, and my health.
So why did he/she dragged the story on and on like it were a dead horse, for chrissake?

When he/she started it the updates cycle was shorter and he/she said it was going to have not that many updates.

My honest feeling is that the story was very good, fun to read and the interaction with the house girls really good for the first 6 updates, then it was "meh" until Zak's killing, then it totally went south.

I've always had the feeling that

1) the Author never had a clue of what to do with Suzi (how to fit her into the story, biggest problem being the fact that she doesn't live with her family anymore);

2) same problem with Emma: how to make a romance with MC being our adolescent girl so immature and

3) more importantly, why our MC should choose anyone over Charlotte?

In the meanwhile, nothing happened with Charlotte and daughters, only the side spinster and the broad, but who gives a damn about them bitches.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
My honest feeling is that the story was very good, fun to read and the interaction with the house girls really good for the first 6 updates, then it was "meh" until Zak's killing, then it totally went south.
For me maybe not from a story perspective when it comes to the FBI and villains or whatever. But after the whole thing with Zak the game got better for me. As to me that's when alot of the interactions with some of the characters got alot better, as well saw some good moments of character growth at least to me personally.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
is there a difference between that and pressing tab or holding control? I never used it in any other game
no besides no need to hold ctrl.
There's quite a big difference. While holding Ctrl or hitting the Tab toggle key sets Ren'Py into fast forward mode, displaying text and images as fast as possible, Auto-Forward is the hands-free reading mode where you set the reading tempo you're comfortable with and the story moves forward automatically, leaving your hands free to... :rolleyes:

I don't like it myself, since I prefer to progress at different speeds depending on the scene, but some people seem to like it. You can't treat them the same way as Ctrl/Tab fast forward story skippers.

VirtualKombat

Aug 20, 2021
This is because the developer is tired of creating this story. I don't think it's gonna be any good after this. He also says he's taking a break.

My life has undergone significant changes since I started Hillside four years ago, and things are just not working for me right now. I no longer enjoy making Hillside and haven't done for a long time. I'm constantly stressed and unhappy, and it's affecting my personal life, the people around me, and my health.
I think the game should've ended after the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. After that nothing much of a story is left and still no sex with the "daughter". It shouldn't have included sex scenes in the first place and bait patrons if they didn't want people to expect actual scenes and content.

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
I think the game should've ended after the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. After that nothing much of a story is left and still no sex with the "daughter". It shouldn't have included sex scenes in the first place and bait patrons if they didn't want people to expect actual scenes and content.
If real I pray that the dev will sell the game to another creator

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
mate this game is so boring there is never happen anything

-you cant fuck up
-no suprise the good guy always win (the dark elemants dont make sens with this because you already know what happens)
-no drama
-its just a life soap with light romance could have be done without (dark elemants)

just make a college game :BootyTime: :BootyTime: :BootyTime:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC gets jobs nobody wants where he sleeps in the basement and watches helplessly how beautiful girls get hurt, Charlotte gets beaten half to death, Emma gets almost raped, certainly molested and pushed to the ground and left to the streets for standing up for herself, Charlotte gets roughed up and date rape drugged while Lucy gets beaten up, for sure this game is such a snow flake dream.
-you cant fuck up
-no suprise the good guy always win (the dark elemants dont make sens with this because you already know what happens)
-no drama
-its just a life soap with light romance could have be done without (dark elemants)
Yeah ,,, getting to still draw breath after such ordeals is survival, not boredom.

Reactions: Ursus4321

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Phew, that update more or less confirms it... DB has lost his interest in this game. If THAT is considered "love for his game" thats dissapointing.

This update is very awkward, renders seems off, quality decreasing, sloppy in the making too compared to other updates of the game. Dialogue kind of rushed. It very much feels like DB just wanted to get over with it. The characters are talking totally weird now... kind of "stiff" dont now, like robots. The whole update felt really off. But the last updates where going that way too already. Like you can see how DB lost the passion from update to update and now its totally gone.

The game might get complete one day, but i dont think it will be with a good pace to it... It will get either abandoned or just rushed to the finish line. No matter his promise that he wants to create a good completion, its obvious he will not deliver that. He just doesnt want to anymore. I guess he will use the break to think about a quick solution to end things with the game, in one way or another. But not in the way he once planned and wanted to achieve.

Little sad to see a DEV struggle while he has a good game going for a while. But its clear to see that he lost his passion, and just doesnt want to work on the game anymore, this update shows it very much.

At least he is somewhat transparent about it in his DEV logs... but at the same time making promises about not abandoning the game and still having the desire to finish it properly, but not wanna work on the game anymore rules it out to finish it in a proper way cause it doesnt work like that one day the passion just ignites again. that is wishful thinking.. But i guess he cant really admit it to himself and his supporters at this point that the game will not end like we all want to.

4.20 star(s) 259 Votes