Unreal Engine Hilichurl's Girl [v0.0.23] [LilCocogoat]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Trident!

Mar 22, 2018
Dev, here some feedback:

+ VR mode can add an interesting way to play. Just focus on the HTC/Oculus person controller and leave it at default where the 1st person controller is. Better poor integration that no at all.
+/- Lights need some further setup. More range for torch ant less bright at close range. The body of character is almost no visible like actual configuration and is pretty annoying to explore with that level of low lights.
+ Sell option is missing :confused:
+ Indicators like objectives, map or something like that.
+ Screen "sanity" borders for distance with the monster.

kekpuker

Sep 21, 2020
Dev, here some feedback:

+ VR mode can add an interesting way to play. Just focus on the HTC/Oculus person controller and leave it at default where the 1st person controller is. Better poor integration that no at all.
+/- Lights need some further setup. More range for torch ant less bright at close range. The body of character is almost no visible like actual configuration and is pretty annoying to explore with that level of low lights.
+ Sell option is missing :confused:
+ Indicators like objectives, map or something like that.
+ Screen "sanity" borders for distance with the monster.
Lol, playing in VR with this color palette will fry your brain :LOL:
For selling you need to throw stuff from inventory into a box near the merchant. Hold Tab and then click things in inventory. Now you should be able to sell it.

Anyways I love how dev made a game in Unreal around 200MB in size. Needs some tweaking for sure but I had my share of jumpscares - and that means the core game mechanics is working.

• Red Heart
Reactions: LilCocogoat

HornyJail

Oct 2, 2018
Look I get it's supposed to be a horror game , but frankly I don't know how I'm supposed to be scared of something I can barely see when it's literally right in front of me it's so dark. I can't see jack shit .

shame because there's not much female pov rape stuff around .

• Hey there

LilCocogoat

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2024
Look I get it's supposed to be a horror game , but frankly I don't know how I'm supposed to be scared of something I can barely see when it's literally right in front of me it's so dark. I can't see jack shit .

shame because there's not much female pov rape stuff around .
Will fix soon ;)

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
This reminds me that Genshin is in need of a playable hilichurl character.

Maybe have someone raised by the more "sane" ones.

Anyway, yeah, the game is too dark. Good luck with the game.

• Red Heart

dippiv

Jul 10, 2022
There's a thighjob section in there, and first person it's hotter than I expected. I love it. Looking forward to more dev.

• Love

Phoenixfire1

Jul 17, 2021
People have already commented on the brightness, but I would like to point out the sound. The monsters are really pretty quiet, and their noises are short ranged, so I only notice them when I aggro them. This means that

1. they aren't keeping me on edge, as I just sorta trip over them, rather than knowing they're present, while trying to avoid them.

and 2. I can't tell where they are. Even when chasing I can barely hear them.

If the enemy audio was more useful, then the darkness would work better (it's still too extreme rn imo, though), as I could use the audio to tell what direction they're in, and avoid them that way, instead of seeing them.

This would also mean that I would have only vague knowledge of where they are, helping tension, and wouldn't need to look at them to have any clue what's happening (there isn't much "this thing is breathing down my neck, I've gotta bolt", since I could've left the thing behind ages ago, but have no idea.) As things are, I'm often completely blindsided when I get hit, as they are pretty much silent, then it's suddenly game over.

I also think the enemies' design makes the darkness a bigger problem, as they blend in really easily.

If you haven't, I recommend looking at/ playing The Forest as, while often overly bright (it is much more an action game), it makes very good use of enemy audio, and enemies are a little shiny (and usually pretty lightly coloured to boot), which makes them easier to make out as they're attacking you, even when you only have your short ranged lighter to see. (Alien Isolation also benefits from having the xenomorph be shiny.)

• Red Heart

droploads

Sep 29, 2023
holy shit, the game has great potential. I have a few issues/suggestions here, hope theyre helpful.

issues:
  • the game does not explain anything, i spent like 3 mins walking around before i realised i can just interact with the hillichurls, and i had no idea how to sell items, i had to look for the answer in the replies.
  • Lights, pov, and everything that was already mentioned
  • motion blur (ew)
  • could be nice to be able to see which items are useable and which arent, maybe like a yellow border.
bugs:
  • I bought a torch color but it reset when i went to the cave, could also be happening to the torch upgrade but im not sure and i dont want to grind money to try it out multiple times.
  • I think you can buy torch upgrades more than once, but idk if its due to the above bug or something else
  • I was attacked by the (dinosaur?) and i got clipped inside of it, couldnt walk out and had to return to main menu. (I like the fact I didnt lose any progress, thx for that)
  • sometimes the h-scenes are dark (lighting-wise), i think maybe its because the torch clipped into the ground and isnt being visible? but im not sure.
  • sometimes the icons have weird purple or red border artifacts, screenshot attached
    icon artifacts.png
  • you cant throw the butterflies to sell them, i dont know if thats intended or a bug.
great work on the game, cant wait for the future updates!

• Red Heart

number482

Oct 16, 2018
There 4 and all are from a female POV, for now
I found 2 from the monster, how do you get the other 2?

EDIT: NVM, looks like it's just random which the monster does.

Anyways, game looks great so far, though the lack of any cum animation as far as I can tell detracts a bit. Looking forward to seeing where this goes though, I like the female pov.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes