Hi guys need help with the new PC

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
If i can i try this too.
But i think that both slot work. Because i have two ram with glowing effect. And bot light up when i start the PC.
If one of the two slots didn't work, I think the ram wouldn't light up or i am wrong?
The LEDs lighting up just mean they have power, it doesn't mean the actual RAM part is working.

Reactions: Bahamut Zero

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
The LEDs lighting up just mean they have power, it doesn't mean the actual RAM part is working.
Understand i need to see this thing better. Hope is not the MB because the 30 days available have passed in order to be able to give back the product, I should still try to contact them if it was the MB slot broken. Hope is just the ram in the wrong slot.

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
If i can i try this too.
But i think that both slot work. Because i have two ram with glowing effect. And bot light up when i start the PC.
If one of the two slots didn't work, I think the ram wouldn't light up or i am wrong?

Anyway as i say some hour ego, for me fortune i call microsoft assistence and they help me with the key. So me new pc have windows 10 active^^
Just because the RAM "lights" up, doesn't mean the actual RAM works, they are two separate things. The lights are not controlled by the actual RAM. The have their own controller and work off of power supplied by the motherboard. Essentially, they are two separate things, they are not one. I would strongly suggest you do the test I suggested, it will tell you if the RAM is bad or if the motherboard is, that is basically the only two things that could be wrong. There are normally 288 pins in a ram slot on a desktop, only a few of those are used for power, the majority of the pins are used for data transfer to the CPU, so just because the lights on the RAM work, does not mean the RAM itself works. And vice-versa, just because the lights work does not mean there might be something wrong with the RAM slot on the motherboard. These test will tell you which one is the culprit.

Like I said, the same thing happened to me when I built my computer, I did the same test I told you to do, and one of my RAM sticks was bad.

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hi guys^^
Ok, just to let ppl know. Today i finally had the time to open my PC. It also took a bit of courage, because not being practical, I was afraid of doing some damage. So I looked carefully at the two RAMs, to see if one of the two was had been inserted incorrectly. And the first ram, it seemed slightly more out of the second. So took courage, removed both ram and followed your advice, to pass the second up and the first down. Maybe there was not even a need, maybe it was enough just to insert the first well, but for safety, done as your all said.
So I started the PC and use the CPUID ROG CPU-Z, to see if now both the RAMs work. And finally now i see the 16gb ram work istead of just one. At least now I know precisely that the motherboard has no problems and that even the ram had no problems.
Now... i need to focus only to change Graphic card.
If someone wanna give me some advice on... which to buy is really welcome.

For now i was looking at a geforce gtx 1050/1060/1070 ti or also the 1080 ti (but this one cost really to much o_O )
Anyway thank you for all the good avice you all give me.

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
The higher-specced card you buy will future-proof your system (to a point)

The difference between the 1060 and 1070ti is quite a bit of performance - see here

The real problem here is that is really rare to find the nvidia type. All i see is the gigabyte/MSI/Zotac and so on... version.
There is some way to know, where to buy the Nvidia one? I also go on the nvidia site, but nothing. How rare is this damn graphic card to find?

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
The real problem here is that is really rare to find the nvidia type. All i see is the gigabyte/MSI/Zotac and so on... version.
There is some way to know, where to buy the Nvidia one? I also go on the nvidia site, but nothing. How rare is this damn graphic card to find?
You can buy the gigabyte/zotac/MSI 1070ti. All they do is take the base card from Nvidia and put their own fan system, shroud, and software on it. Think of it as the same person with different outfits. Some outfits run cooler, some run hotter, some are louder but it's all the same person.
I have an ASUS Cerberus 1050ti. It's the same as the standard Nvidia 1050ti but to me, it looks better and runs quieter. It came from a bitcoin miner and it's still kicking ass and taking names today.

So my suggestion is to look at the 2 or 3 most important things you desire from the card. Is it most important to have better cfm with the fans (higher cfm moves more air to stay slightly cooler), the looks, or is it built-in overclocking so it goes faster? Take a moment and rank them in order of importance.
Next, look at sites selling those MSI/Gigabyte/Zotac 1070ti cards and compare the prices.
Then read reviews on sites like gpuboss or TechPowerUP to get some very detailed information. Look for things like the cfm ability of fan or fans to move air, does it have a copper heatsink which pulls air from the card better than aluminum? What's the decibels (db) rating cuz higher is louder so lower would be quieter card. What connections does it have? HDMI, VGA, DVI?
With all that done, you'll have a really good idea which card speaks to you the most and it'll help you understand it a little better.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
As has already been said, Nvidia makes the chip for the card; the different suppliers make the card based on the chip. EVGA and MSI have been good cards in the past based on my personal use.

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
At the start i was looking for an asus strix gtx.
But one of me friend tell me that is better to wait for the nvidia. Because the nvidia version have already some sort of liquid cooling on the graphics card therefore it cools down much faster than its counterparts which unfortunately only have fans. It was what stopped me from buying the asus one.

I thought I was going with this Asus GeForce STRIX-GTX1050TI-O4G-GAMING. I think it's a good upgrade. Since I currently have a gtx 750 ti
Anyway for now i do what your two tell me. I looking better on the site and see better all the thing. I alsto think i need to change me HDTV monitor. Strangely, I don't understand why, but if I use HDMI, I see all the letters grainy. And I am forced to use the dvi cable istead of the hdmi. And i just don't understand why.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
>current year, paying for windows 10