• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Hell Keeper [v0.1 Beta] [Inner Sin]

1. 1.00 star(s)

rand0m_us3r

The game is a buggy mess whenever you interact with arcadia you can't advance anymore as you are stuck without being able to sleep to regen your energy anymore. If you are thinking about trying the game refer you to the wise words of Gandalf " Fly, you fools"
  2. 2.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

So, there isn't much to do. Grinding as per usual with these types of VNs.

PROS
    Renders are ok
    The women are decent enough

CONS
    Story is sub-standard
    There is no progression at all.
    You make more than 1 potion and you're done
    Sleep button doesn't work

Overall
    I know it's only like the second update, but put something in there to make us want to come back for more.
    You can't make potions without attracting the enemy straight to you. Then it's game over.
    Grinding is the normal route for these types of VNs.
    Sleep button doesn't work, even though stats menu says it's time to sleep
    Napping doesn't do anything. (why is it there)?
    You can travel to 2 locations and pretty much do the bare minimum. Fighting or collecting resources.
    I highly recommend skipping this one at least until there is actually something to do. Sure you could spend hours grinding for gold, but it gets boring pretty fast.
    Good luck to Inner Sin, but I'm hard passing on this one.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

monk_56

TL/DR: The core concepts appeal to me, but the whole thing is a clunky mess.

+Being a big-dick monster is fun and hot.

-Narrative is poorly written and poorly progressed. The prose is clunky AF.
    -Characterization is properly bad.
    -The MC spent most of his life as a little person, and now is acting straight up evil at the drop of a pin. To be any good this core narrative would require a slow corruption of the protagonist into being more evil b/c power corrupts. Or fighting to resist his demonic nature. This had neither.
    -Game play loop didn't seem very fun.
    -Several game breaking bugs creeping about.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

SebastianStorm

Tried to play, I can go to village, but once I go to castle there is no way out. I just keep getting the choices in the castle. Sleep doesn't work, potions don't seem to corrupt, no idea how anyone is playing it.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

LedgeEndDairy

A pure evil, "Breaking the girl(s)" style story is surprisingly rare, and I was looking forward to exploring this game's take on it. Most devs that explore the "corruption" theme riddle it with silly jokes and a protagonist that is supposed to be the good guy. Which is fine, but lacks the edge that playing a believably evil sunuvabitch can have.

That said, the story gets one star for the models, and another for a promising premise.

It lacks the other three for being riddled with bugs (I can't even buy a potion without a fatal error popping up, images are missing, and you can't leave the castle without backtracking at the moment), but most egregiously: extremely stale dialogue and exposition (the setting is fine, it's cliche but it can work. The MC is supposed to be evil and vengeful and, you know, a fucking DEMON, but his dialogue is portrayed way lighter than that. Things like "You're my best friend! There's no way I'd abandon you!" just don't fit for this imposing demon who is swinging his cock around like a chad).

The bugs can be fixed fairly easily, the decent but somewhat lackluster character models (particularly the best friend, and how she is 'perched' sometimes on things) can be improved, but rarely is a game's dialogue and overall storywriting ever improved on. Dev needs to hire a writer to either write it FOR him, or fix what he's written to have more character and life breathed into the narrative.

As it is I'd prefer little to no story, and make it a quick break-the-girl corruption game. Having to slog through tiresome dialogue is my number one pet peeve. Game has potential since it's in the early stages, but I don't see it getting above a 4-star rating unless the writing is significantly improved.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

mrttao

v-demo bugfix3
    This gives me strong Overlord (the game) vibes, and I love it.
    The fetishes and presentation in the game so far are pretty great.
    So I think this will be an easy 5 stars game in the future.

Game was unplayable buggy on first release.
    but dev is proactive and fixed all the bugs reported on the same day.
    As mentioned in the version, this is a demo. so there is very little content at the moment.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

TheCragger

I am always excited to see a game where the player gets to play a 'monster' MC and the preview images of the MC in his demonic form and spiny demonic member are exactly what drew my attention to this game project. That it's about corruption and conquering and building a harem of servants is just a bonus.

Hope the MC doesn't change and it just become another human as it will make the game too much like other ones that area already out there. Full five star bonus for the fact the MC and Kron walk about with their manhoods swinging free for intimidation/shock factor. Also Kron pointing out Lily's racism was a great reversal moment.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

TimmyLangstrumpf

I like the artstyle fetishes and scenes so far, there seems to be a lot of corruption content in future updates and I'm all here for it.
    When going inside the castles there is currently no way to go back out in the open right now.