Fellipesctb

Nov 20, 2023
I was looking at the game's Patreon to find out more about it and I was surprised by the description about the romance. If I play with the male MC, will I be able to date any character regardless of gender? I'll put an image about my question
Romance.jpg

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I was looking at the game's Patreon to find out more about it and I was surprised by the description about the romance. If I play with the male MC, will I be able to date any character regardless of gender? I'll put an image about my question
View attachment 3367110
Notty has said in the past that she wouldn't be comfortable writing gay scenes (as she isn't a gay man), she doesn't think she'd be able to do it justice properly.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
anne O'nymous, I'm Not Thea Lundgren!, don't be confused. Qwert99 is stuck in 2019 with the H5's "demo" version made on an anaemic rig with a GTX 1050 and later upgraded with a GTX 1060.. Only still renders, where the background and the character(s) couldn't be rendered simultaneously. I won't talk about the lighting tricks she used back then to speed up the renderings' time.

This "demo" version was buried a long time ago, people that are still talking about this past era or complaining about the first remastering, make me laugh out loud...

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Demo that stopped at chapter 3. So, can a released date for the chapter 5 be a promise, when the chapter 4 from the same era was never released ?
Of course not, the cancellation of the release of Chapter 4 in September 2019 has made null and void any release's schedule of further chapters advertised previously.
Also, a release's schedule was made in April 2019, if I remember right, and made under such conditions that you couldn't talk about any promises, but some people took it as granted however...

Last edited:

Arkanae

May 29, 2018
So... I have (tried to) play this game. Even with the help of the walkthrough, and hitting about 75% of the points in it, I only managed to get about 1h of content, is that expected?
Or is it really, really flashy but shallow?

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
1 hr is about I got out of the first three chapters. Of course once it's finished, there is the replay of trying different routes.

Last edited:

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
So... I have (tried to) play this game. Even with the help of the walkthrough, and hitting about 75% of the points in it, I only managed to get about 1h of content, is that expected?
it depends what version you played but mainly its not really big game. but it has many different routes so is highly repayable.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Okay, let me clarify what Akamari's unofficial WT is and is not:
1) It is an only "Romances"(optimal) guide for LIs on their specific paths. The content you get is mostly romance-wise.
2) It is not a WT for the entire game, where a lot more content lies.

You must read carefully the first page of Akamari's unofficial WT:

U_WT_p1.png

Yes, his points from 4) to 10) are essential to have the best H5's experience and the most content per personal paths...

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] and spend 99% of development time on implementing minigames [...]
They don't even represent 5% of the development time. In fact, strictly speaking they are even near to cost free in terms of development, because Notty works on them while the main rendering computer is working on the animations.

Arkanae

May 29, 2018
There is no question IMO that this game got a lot of love and effort in its visual and interaction polish, as well as in its universe development. I was personally just a bit surprised that there wasn't as much depth (or, game length, even accounting for the limited path re-playability) as I would have expected, given that a lot of it would have been "on rails" due to the initial universe setting effort.
In the end, if feels a bit like a very well though out, well prepared game, cut short in its development... which feels a bit of a shame.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I was personally just a bit surprised that there wasn't as much depth (or, game length, even accounting for the limited path re-playability) as I would have expected, given that a lot of it would have been "on rails" due to the initial universe setting effort.
Hmm, are you sure that you haven't missed a lot of things ?

By example you talk about a limited re-playability, but what "limited" mean ?

For Chris, so far there's 3 different routes ; male sub, female prey, neutral. For Annie, there's 4 ones ; lesbian (that will probably split into sub and dom path), male as a jerk (Sarah playing chaperon is funny) and male gentleman, plus the neutral one. For Sarah there's 2 routes (helping her, or not, to indulge in her perversion) coupled to the two night routes (VR versus CoC). For Trisha there's also 4 routes ; "black male" she'll try to sugarcoat, "white male" she'll try to fuck, neutral "white male", and female.
Like all Chris and Annie routes happen during the night (but collide sometimes with the daily events), as well as Sarah games sessions, at the end of the chapter 4 there were already 9 different way to play the game.

And this is without counting Amanda, that while also have night content, nor the routes that show a glance of themselves but aren't opened yet ; like, by example, the aforementioned split in Annie's lesbian route, or Trisha's "wow, your dick's on cage ? I love this" route.
And even in terms of pure story it goes way further than the simple hardware/software dichotomy.

As for the depth, it's not because you don't see it, that there isn't...
But to be fair, even a tenth of people in their tinfoil hats can't still uncover it all.

It remind me something I've read somewhere else, with two crazy french guys explaining why Ophion's star is, and can only be, a K-type star. One based on the observation of the solar system, the other on the observation of the fauna. And, of course, they didn't randomly came to that conclusion. No, they came to it because it's really what Ophion's star is.
A main point of the story needed this specific kind of star to be coherent. Then, starting there, Notty build everything else to match that constraint. And when I say everything, I really mean everything, from the renders to the regulation Marcus talked about when he said that anyone staying on Ophion have to take some medication.

And of course, there's also, among other things, Chris, Annie and Sarah thoughts regarding MC's orders by example. Each one matching precisely their personality and being, in the end, not surprising precisely because of this ; with everything we learned about them so far, there's effectively no way for them to have another thought about the said orders.
Or what about the few information we can get from Marcus' files in his pad ? While being crazy scientist researches, they all match an effective scientist process. Hell, even the name of each project match the content of the associated research (as well as Marcus ego) ; at least for those the player can decypher, because there's still one (or is it two ?) that are, voluntarily, presented in a too cryptic way.

In the end, if feels a bit like a very well though out, well prepared game, cut short in its development... which feels a bit of a shame.
What is a shame is that there too few games, on the adult gaming scenes, that are effectively as deep as this one ; right now, less than a dozen names cross my mind. It make players expect something basic, and then miss the effective works behind.
Everything in the game is coherent, and if, by example, the sniffer tool tell you that it caught copper particles when you use it on the freezer, it's not because it have to give you a result. There's a really good reason for this. It's what you would get in real life accordingly to what's effectively in the said freezer ; what permit you to guess what's inside.

Note that I'm not saying this for you, and even less against you. It apply to everyone, including me sometimes. And it also don't just apply to this game. All those that crossed my mind suffer from the same fate. The majority totally miss their depth, because they expect random content, while facing a story where more than half the dialog lines and renders are meticulously thought to convey a part of the story.
Everything is thought beforehand, everything is known. If something is said, or if something happen, it's because it have a really good reason to be said or to happen. And if the players (including me) were more attentive, they would understand way more about the story, being more prepared to MC's fate.

bigdaddymaks

Jan 17, 2023
If I'm not mistaken, Notty wrote on patreon that the third chapter will be released in December, a month/two later the fourth will be released, am I misunderstanding something?

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, Notty wrote on patreon that the third chapter will be released in December, a month/two later the fourth will be released, am I misunderstanding something?
You did NOT misunderstand anything!
I had a bet it wouldn't happen...that 3 wouldn't make December and 4 wouldn't be out by February. Now we're told Chapts 3-5 will be out in March.
Why should we believe that? She consistently slips release dates!

This is all just a big tease! That's what this feels like to me. We are on page 600+ of a thread of guys who've been waiting years for the next development of a game that still isn't past Ch. 2!!

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes