Unreal Engine Abandoned Harem Maker [v0.021] [PandaBrah]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
I salute you for not directly putting up a Patreon with this.
Devs who shit out random v0.001 games instantly with Patreons attached to it are a disgrace.

PaganWarlord

Jan 5, 2019
I wouldn't have guessed that this game runs on UE looking at graphics, well there is work to be done here, lots of work, but since it is the 0.001 version I guess there is time.
That said I am more than willing to overlook graphics if gameplay is any good and complex enough to provide lots of options, but user interface is not something that can be ignored, no matter the gameplay or graphics.

No harm in keeping an eye out for this one, might turn out just fine if it doesn't die within next 3-6 months.

EDIT: I based my opinion on graphics on provided screenshots, and saw the explanation, so I guess it might not look as bad, but 5 gigs on super early proof of concept is a bit much to ask for.

Reactions: Cesar13071991

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
them graphics.. anyone else reminded of a budget dreamcast game?
Swapped them. Though truly fixing things up will take a bit more time.

Bodybuilding.jpg
Interaction.jpg
RainyDay.jpg

EDIT: I based my opinion on graphics on provided screenshots, and saw the explanation, so I guess it might not look as bad, but 5 gigs on super early proof of concept is a bit much to ask for.
Yeah. I know. You can expect the file size to become progressively smaller as I trim things, particularly since most of the assets I'll be adding in the future will be in the form of hair models and clothing textures taking up a few megabytes of space each. Thank you for your interest.

Last edited:

Irondude

Jan 22, 2019
5.33 GB via MEGA? because Nopy doesnt work for me like...never pls upload a torrent. watch forward for an updated version.

track989

Mar 25, 2018
I'm certain it's possible to get things down to a much, much more manageable size. I've only worked with UE4 a bit but the things I was packaging were less than 5GB and that was with entire landscapes populated with models. Sorry I can't offer any advice directly but if you google "ue4 package too large" there are pages and pages of people asking+answering this question on the ue4 forums, ue4 q&a, ue4 docs, reddit, stackoverflow, etc etc. Follow a few of those and also delete any crap that's 500MB for a single model like you did with the character model

If your PC really can't handle better than those minimum settings you might want to consider upgrading if you have the cash, or making a game in a less demanding engine. Dev in UE with a computer that can't run the game you want to make, let alone run the tool that's building it, is going to be excruciating. Typically running a finished game with all the LoDs set nicely and models optimized down to low polys is already quite demanding; in dev you're not always going to have LoDs set up and you're occasionally going to be putting in some horrendous 500MB unoptimized model as a temporary measure

A quick google tells me a basic blank map should build to about 300MB, and nicely compressed can go to ~50MB. Try building something that large, then start adding assets to it, taking note of what's making it balloon in size. I doubt you want to go above 1GB at this stage

DaddyDekar

Dec 12, 2018
I love the idea, a real game and finally, a game without oral sex, am i dreaming? HOWEVER, 5GB is a big NO for an early build, specially with models that had already been surpassed by the gamecube more than 15 years ago

Reactions: PandaBrah

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
This is correct. My computer is somewhat of a toaster so I run things on the lowest setting.
View attachment 728599
OMG, go right NOW and retake all of the screenshots with the setting at that third picture and replace them. That looks so much better, and the fact that you still have those previews that look like an early PS1 game up are hurting you, I almost didn't read through the thread to see how good the game could look.

also, you can submit a ticket to get the game dev tag on your profile so people know you're the dev.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Maybe I did something wrong but... why are there no textures to the girl? Also, the character editor has no character lighting and the characters are surrounded by darkness, making it impossible to see anything.

Idk if it's a bug but if the first thing you do is press "Mon" (when you're in the room) you get softlocked with no further options. Managed to get to the subway and do the groping but the Kiss animation is terribly bugged and I don't know how to exit said scene. I've been clicking for about 5 min. and haven't found a way to do so, gonna try to force another resolution cause the game automatically enters fullscreen and seems like the resolution is bigger than what my monitor can handle, maybe that's why I can't exit stuff.

Gonna be trying a bit more stuff to see how much more there is despite the textures not showing haha any workaround for that issue, tho?
Also it may sound like a rant but it's mostly a description of the issues I've found, I'm not Karening hahaha

Jun 30, 2017
Maybe I did something wrong but... why are there no textures to the girl? Also, the character editor has no character lighting and the characters are surrounded by darkness, making it impossible to see anything.

Idk if it's a bug but if the first thing you do is press "Mon" (when you're in the room) you get softlocked with no further options. Managed to get to the subway and do the groping but the Kiss animation is terribly bugged and I don't know how to exit said scene. I've been clicking for about 5 min. and haven't found a way to do so, gonna try to force another resolution cause the game automatically enters fullscreen and seems like the resolution is bigger than what my monitor can handle, maybe that's why I can't exit stuff.

Gonna be trying a bit more stuff to see how much more there is despite the textures not showing haha any workaround for that issue, tho?
Also it may sound like a rant but it's mostly a description of the issues I've found, I'm not Karening hahaha

I'm having the same thing but abit different.
For me the lighting seems to have no limit and it just keeps getting brighter and brighter as if the textures alpha channel is just layering on it's self over and over again, My game just eventually turns my Monitor into a sun lamp.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
I'm having the same thing but abit different.
For me the lighting seems to have no limit and it just keeps getting brighter and brighter as if the textures alpha channel is just layering on it's self over and over again, My game just eventually turns my Monitor into a sun lamp.
Happened to me a bit after I posted the original comment but I restarted to see what else I could find cause I didn't want to go blind hahaha

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Wow.. yeah need to figure out how to compress the Unreal engine to be that large.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote