Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Long time lurker. First time poster (1 down, 2 to go!)

I am now a Patreon, just based on the quality of this 0.1. Thanks!

I did have a bug tho... every time Lin was in the leaf outfit, or when she was horny in the kitchen, my game crashed. Rollback didn't help. Ignore in the leaf outfit just led to her suddenly tending the garden in her maid outfit.

I don't see this elsewhere... maybe I have a bad install?
Thanks for supporting me!

I'm a bit confused, when you went in to Lin's room on Wednesday, it crashed? What do you mean when she was horny in the kitchen? With an egg vibe?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
The game is good. Just hope that some of my points from my review are asdressed in the next update. And @Runey if you don't continue impregnation storyline, I will move you from my list of promising new devs and put on my list of human dissappointments (which includes Donald Trump and every flat-earther in existence). Just a warning :evilupset:
I just read your review, and I really like it. I love how detailed it is, the more information I can get the better.

The problem with a lack of punishment for being a dick is that "Friendship" stats is basically a story progression stat. If being a dick didn't advance you to the next friendship level, you wouldn't be able to continue her story. But I agree that the Lin scene should be looked at, and possibly not even give friendship.

As for time skips, any unique action costs time. Buying something, going somewhere with someone, sex, training, or story costs time. The computer spending time is half because that's just how I coded the whole buying system.

Are you talking about Maria's succubus outfit? It sounds like you bought it for her before she asked you to get it, sounds like that caused a little bug.

The only characters you need to progress together, are Ashley and Maria. Their stories are tied together. You can forget about Lin or Kali and not do their story at all (unless I'm forgetting about something). But as Ashley and Maria are close friends, it makes sense story wise for them to be tied together.

Impregnation will definitely be happening, without a doubt. It's just a matter of time, which character(s) and story reasons.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
The problem with a lack of punishment for being a dick is that "Friendship" stats is basically a story progression stat. If being a dick didn't advance you to the next friendship level, you wouldn't be able to continue her story.
That is understandable. However, it does cause a problem when you give players a choice and it becomes obvious that the choice does not matter. When you see Kali's tits in the sauna, you can tell her that they look nice or that you don't like them. If you tell that you don't like them, she obviously becomes upset and snaps at you, but the result is still an increase in friendship. It is basically the fallout 4 problem in a nutshell. Take a look at this video (it should be skipped ahead to 1:49 already) and watch the issue which is pointed out in the next few seconds:
In fallout 4, you have 4 responses to every option, but it quickly becomes obvious that they are all the same and pretty much leads to the exact same outcome. When you first reach Diamond City, the mayor and a local reporter are arguying about the things she is printing and the reporter asks you what you think about freedom of speech. You have 3 available choices: 1: You support the freedom of speech, 2: You inform them that you hate newspapers and reporters or 3: You tell them to keep you out of their discussion. No matter what you pick, the mayor will reply with the EXACT same line of dialogue. Why give me several choices if they dont have any effect anyway?

It is the same issue i see with your game. I have several choices to make, but they all lead to the same outcome, so why do you give me a choice at all? Why not just remove the choice and be done with it, since it basically what is happening already?
About half-way through your game, I no longer paid attention to what answers I was making, cause they didnt affect the story anyway. If I did the same in let's say Fallout New Vegas (a damn masterpice of an RPG in regard to user choice) then I would be fucked after 3 lines of dialogue and have something change permanently in the game because of it.

I am just trying to point out an obvious issue here. Like I said, I like your game, which is why I want to see it become even better. Maybe you could add a "heartbroken" stat, which is given every time you act like an ass. In the scene with Kali in the sauna, you would chose to insult her breasts, which would give you a "heartbroken" point for Kali, after which the scene fades to black and shows a scene with you apologising to Kali, which gives you the friendship point you would need to advance, but you would also have gained the heartbroken point. Reach 10 heartbroken points for a specific character, they move out of the hotel and ends their storyline. That would give a an consequence for acting like a douche, while also allowing the story to progress like you wanted.

Of course this is just a suggestion. Do with it as you please. And good luck with the game, looking forward to seeing what's next.

Reactions: Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
That is understandable. However, it does cause a problem when you give players a choice and it becomes obvious that the choice does not matter. When you see Kali's tits in the sauna, you can tell her that they look nice or that you don't like them. If you tell that you don't like them, she obviously becomes upset and snaps at you, but the result is still an increase in friendship. It is basically the fallout 4 problem in a nutshell. Take a look at this video (it should be skipped ahead to 1:49 already) and watch the issue which is pointed out in the next few seconds:
In fallout 4, you have 4 responses to every option, but it quickly becomes obvious that they are all the same and pretty much leads to the exact same outcome. When you first reach Diamond City, the mayor and a local reporter are arguying about the things she is printing and the reporter asks you what you think about freedom of speech. You have 3 available choices: 1: You support the freedom of speech, 2: You inform them that you hate newspapers and reporters or 3: You tell them to keep you out of their discussion. No matter what you pick, the mayor will reply with the EXACT same line of dialogue. Why give me several choices if they dont have any effect anyway?

It is the same issue i see with your game. I have several choices to make, but they all lead to the same outcome, so why do you give me a choice at all? Why not just remove the choice and be done with it, since it basically what is happening already?
About half-way through your game, I no longer paid attention to what answers I was making, cause they didnt affect the story anyway. If I did the same in let's say Fallout New Vegas (a damn masterpice of an RPG in regard to user choice) then I would be fucked after 3 lines of dialogue and have something change permanently in the game because of it.

I am just trying to point out an obvious issue here. Like I said, I like your game, which is why I want to see it become even better. Maybe you could add a "heartbroken" stat, which is given every time you act like an ass. In the scene with Kali in the sauna, you would chose to insult her breasts, which would give you a "heartbroken" point for Kali, after which the scene fades to black and shows a scene with you apologising to Kali, which gives you the friendship point you would need to advance, but you would also have gained the heartbroken point. Reach 10 heartbroken points for a specific character, they move out of the hotel and ends their storyline. That would give a an consequence for acting like a douche, while also allowing the story to progress like you wanted.

Of course this is just a suggestion. Do with it as you please. And good luck with the game, looking forward to seeing what's next.
I watched the video, I see where you're coming from. Regardless of what you pick in most cases, it will advance the story, the conclusion will always be the same, it's just not that kind of game. It's not an RPG, it's a multiple linear story with stats.

There's another scene with Kali, where she's in the hot spring completely naked. If you don't steal her clothes, it ends. If you do, it begins a whole new scene. Same thing with Kali at the creepy dudes house. You can miss some stuff if you ignore the choices. Granted, most come to the same conclusion it's just that your responses are different. But some choices unlock scenes.

That's not to say there won't be any actual story differences based off player choice in the future, I'm always open to ideas.

Burningman

Feb 17, 2018
Nah Runey, I think I know where he is coming from, but the easiest way to fix it is for you to make a douchbag answer do not give friendship but this way you can buy 'gifts' for the girls, each one like one gift etc and you could advance while punishing your choices and depending on the choices example if you said you did not steal her clothes in sauna you could not see a scene with X character because x scene did not happen.

BTW when should we expect next release?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Nah Runey, I think I know where he is coming from, but the easiest way to fix it is for you to make a douchbag answer do not give friendship but this way you can buy 'gifts' for the girls, each one like one gift etc and you could advance while punishing your choices and depending on the choices example if you said you did not steal her clothes in sauna you could not see a scene with X character because x scene did not happen.

BTW when should we expect next release?
I think that's possible, I'll see what I can do. It sounds fun and interesting.

I'm shooting for mid Jun - early July. But I won't be releasing anything until it 'feels' done. So the correct answer is: When it's ready :)

Feel free to join the discord if you haven't already, I've been posting information on the next update.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Are you talking about Maria's succubus outfit? It sounds like you bought it for her before she asked you to get it, sounds like that caused a little bug.
FWIW, I bought Maria's succubus outfit without any prompting from her, and I had no technical issues at all. I wasn't aware that she'd even ask/

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
FWIW, I bought Maria's succubus outfit without any prompting from her, and I had no technical issues at all. I wasn't aware that she'd even ask/
That's the exact problem. When you buy the outfit, before she asks for it, she will just random pop up and say "have you got the outfit yet?" without asking you to get it in the first place. Even though she clearly hasn't asked you to buy it, she acts like it is something you planned together. It isn't a technical bug, in the regard that it breaks the game, it just makes for a weird little inconsistency in the story, even though of course its nothing major.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
I don't recall 100%, but I don't recall her ever asking for the outfit either before or after I gave it to her. @Runey was suggesting that this might be causing an error, so I'm just reporting that it did not cause an error for me.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
If Maria's friendship = 9 and day >= 32. If you haven't bought it/have it, and haven't given it to Maria, she asks for it.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
I don't recall 100%, but I don't recall her ever asking for the outfit either before or after I gave it to her. @Runey was suggesting that this might be causing an error, so I'm just reporting that it did not cause an error for me.
Technically it DID cause the error. The fact that she doesn't ask you to get the outfit IS the error he is talking about. Just so we are clear on that :D It simply means that the game skips the scene where Maria asks you to get her the outfit. It doesn't break the game that the scene does not play, but it does result in a slight inconsistency.

Hope that clears it up.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Can't get the money code to work, what am I doing wrong ? I type it in as "gimmieallyourmoney" and it comes back as invalid code...

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
oh yes the game is really great and there is a lot to laugh i laugh so often (i found the situation with lin while eating with the other girls as well as she says "I'll never win .... so funny this has been done very well ...... and the game has many great different girls i can not wait to see who new update comes and you can do more with the girls and new ones and then hopefully in the room comes in from the

door of ellen (even if I doubt it happens so soon again in 30 updates or never) and then the "ninja" girl what's creeping around there (probably the long-missed sister of lin) in any case I have a lot of fun with the game and it also has good content for the beginning so I'm looking forward to the next update

Reactions: Runey
Sep 25, 2017
Ashley scares me... and I like it.

Great introduction to the game, can't wait for further updates.

Oh and ^ you enter the code when you start a new game.

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
Game's cool, i enjoy HS models a lot so, it's another good adition

Also, im not the only one that sees this...right?

4.70 star(s) 443 Votes