Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I don't believe I'll be able to sustain myself if not for Patreon. Patreon is just huge. (And very slow at replying apparently)
I wouldn't take it for granted that you'll get a reply at all. I've seen a lot of creators complain about Patreon for that; they send their dictate and just expect you to change things, and don't want to hear that they're made a mistake and there isn't anything in need of change. Hopefully you will, and will be able to get matters resolved without having to make changes, but I would really try to take some of your eggs out of the Patreon basket if at all possible.

P.S. - is this a good or bad time to offer suggestions about the game? Would they be a welcome diversion or would you prefer to wait until this issue is sorted before thinking about things like that?

Reactions: Runey

Ichtyosaurus

Jan 28, 2018
So what's the current state of things? Is Patreon shutting Runey down? This is like the third time I find something pretty good, and not long after I find out it's under the possibility of getting shafted by Patreon.

This isn't funny anymore, reality.

mvl

Some Guy
Donor
Jul 30, 2017
The gallery on Android(Phone) version is bugged. I cannot access the replays and hit the close button.

Aug 16, 2016
Puritreon. Can't have people being attracted to those shamefully small-breasted adult women, or seeing consentual sex between fictional related adults.

Stuff like this is why I deleted my Patreon account. I'm tired of these puritanical gatekeepers of thought shutting down art and speech and I won't give them another dime. Hopefully more artists, podcasters, and youtubers catch on and start to diversify their revenue streams through KoFi and the like, if nothing else than to protect themselves from getting cut off from ALL of their money. There's a growing movement to boycott Patreon for their increasing censorship, with some very large creators like Sam Harris closing down their pages and moving away from the platform to build their own in protest despite Sam Harris having over $60k in monthly subs.

Runey, if you were to make a tipjar on KoFi, I would be happy to pitch in. Put it in your sig and other pirates who won't use patreon or who don't like subscription models might put some money your way as well. It probably won't be much, but extra money is always nice. And hopefully some of the people discontent with Patreon will make a less thought-policing platform soon.

Jul 30, 2018
i have redownloaded the zip file 4 times and even tried the 0.5.3 version and everytime i get the error i posted 2 posts up as soon as i walk into the kitchen then get other errors when i goto the lobby and/or 1st floor to see Kali for the first time

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
So what's the current state of things? Is Patreon shutting Runey down? This is like the third time I find something pretty good, and not long after I find out it's under the possibility of getting shafted by Patreon.

This isn't funny anymore, reality.
They asked me to take care of shit, and if I had any questions, they would help. So I asked a question, and they're taking forever to respond.

i have redownloaded the zip file 4 times and even tried the 0.5.3 version and everytime i get the error i posted 2 posts up as soon as i walk into the kitchen then get other errors when i goto the lobby and/or 1st floor to see Kali for the first time
I looks like you're merging the new files with the old files. Once you download a new version, simply run the .exe, and do nothing else to he files.

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
Months ago I did myself a deal, stop playing HH for two releases. Yes, have played the 0.4 till the end and... wait. So It's a hard thing because I read all pages on this thread, and yeah I felt like the meme panda dodging spoilers. But after reading the patreon warning I can't wait to make this post.

For me It's a very concerning thing where the PC culture is going. Take a look at this words " looks too young and "falls under the impression of being a minor".
I will take some imo most relevant words here: "looks" and "falls under the impresion"....What the...??? Sorry? you meant "looks"? "falls under the impression"??? When those words have become real statements?? What do you think "looks" and what is for your "impression" are real facts? My impresion and whatever anything looks to me It's just mine.

You can't denounce nobody in relation to your feelings or your thoughts, It's about facts. Facts matter.

Funny fact: I'm not a Ashely fan. But I'm against evil people that change the reality based in his feelings.

All my support to @Runey. (please dude make the public release soon!!! This waiting is "killing" me!!

Jul 30, 2018
They asked me to take care of shit, and if I had any questions, they would help. So I asked a question, and they're taking forever to respond.

I looks like you're merging the new files with the old files. Once you download a new version, simply run the .exe, and do nothing else to he files.

ive tried that Runey but it keeps happening nonstop guess ill just have to wait for the public release of v6

Ichtyosaurus

Jan 28, 2018
I don't think they're gonna respond at all. Anyways, I hope they don't shut you down with their bullshit.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Runey, if you were to make a tipjar on KoFi, I would be happy to pitch in. Put it in your sig and other pirates who won't use patreon or who don't like subscription models might put some money your way as well. It probably won't be much, but extra money is always nice. And hopefully some of the people discontent with Patreon will make a less thought-policing platform soon.
This seems like a wise idea.

I feel like creators should have their Patreon and their backup in their signature on forums with a banner saying "IF YOU'RE A PATREON SWITCH TO THIS"
Obviously it's a pretty huge risk to just jump to a new platform and hope you get even close to the donations you had before so it'd probably be a good idea to use both until the new one is built up, I'm sure fans would get it.

Hopefully a common alternative sets itself in place soon.

I've seen a lot of games fuck up from laziness or straight up incompetence, it's sad to see actual good games get fucked like this when the devs are making quality material.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
This seems like a wise idea.

I feel like creators should have their Patreon and their backup in their signature on forums with a banner saying "IF YOU'RE A PATREON SWITCH TO THIS"
Obviously it's a pretty huge risk to just jump to a new platform and hope you get even close to the donations you had before so it'd probably be a good idea to use both until the new one is built up, I'm sure fans would get it.

Hopefully a common alternative sets itself in place soon.

I've seen a lot of games fuck up from laziness or straight up incompetence, it's sad to see actual good games get fucked like this when the devs are making quality material.
You overestimate people. Even if you printed an explanation everywhere on the Patreon page there would be people asking what happened. Switching platform is never an unharmful process.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
You overestimate people. Even if you printed an explanation everywhere on the Patreon page there would be people asking what happened. Switching platform is never an unharmful process.
That's precisely what I was saying though, I've seen folk get super angry about people being on more than one donation site but you'd have to be because loads of people wouldn't realize and continue donating on another site or would just find it inconvenient.

The only way to do it, unless you have a massive fanbase, would be to slowly build it up.
But then you'd probably have to keep it somewhat secret or Patreon would likely find out and delete your account.
Shitty position to be in really, can't imagine the stress it'd induce for devs with relatively small amounts of donators. Obviously something like Summertime Saga would have no big issues. Anything with less than 1000 donators is going to struggle.

Or.

We can all just enjoy lovely safe adult content that won't hurt anyone or make them go insane.
Missionary only please. No anal either. That's BAD. No genitals too. Sex can only be implied.

Ichtyosaurus

Jan 28, 2018
Something I think would be worth looking into is a thing I remember other game did. They were also going to get their Patreon shut down, so what they did is they stopped posting the game on patreon as such while still using patreon.

They would post progress updates (leaving aside stuff that was what was going to get them shut down in the first place) but the releases as such were uploaded through a discord server where the creator gave invites to patrons and made it so only he could give out invites. The game itself was no longer on patreon, but the creator was supported through it, and the patrons got server invites for new releases.

I remember that worked as a way of not violating patreon rules, while also being able to receive support. Don't remember who did it particularly but I remember it worked. I think the game was abandoned, but it had nothing to do with getting shut down by patreon or anything of that sort, just creator abandonment.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
They would post progress updates (leaving aside stuff that was what was going to get them shut down in the first place) but the releases as such were uploaded through a discord server where the creator gave invites to patrons and made it so only he could give out invites. The game itself was no longer on patreon, but the creator was supported through it, and the patrons got server invites for new releases.
Sounds like a really good idea to me.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Something I think would be worth looking into is a thing I remember other game did. They were also going to get their Patreon shut down, so what they did is they stopped posting the game on patreon as such while still using patreon.

I remember that worked as a way of not violating patreon rules, while also being able to receive support. Don't remember who did it particularly but I remember it worked. I think the game was abandoned, but it had nothing to do with getting shut down by patreon or anything of that sort, just creator abandonment.
Do you have figures for the number of patrons that actually hopped on discord? I fear some would not understand and stop pledging altogether instead of continuing to get the updates on discord.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou
4.70 star(s) 444 Votes