Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Hi Runey. Great GREAT game so far.

Today for the first time I took a stroll on your patreon and I'm actually confused. I see that 0.6alpha is out from january 6th, then 2 betas came out, but the meter at the top of your page still says that we're really far from a complete release...

how do your releases work?
An Alpha version of anything is it's first unfinished released. Typically it would have a ton of features missing.

A Beta version would be further down the line. More features implemented, etc etc.

$20+ patrons get access to the first Alpha build of every v0.x
$10+ patrons get access to all of the Beta builds of every v0.x

v0.6 has been in development for 3 weeks now, which makes today's build Beta Build #2

The Beta Build number will keep increasing until pre release.

I did do the scenes once. And they still didn't do it for me. There's not enough story (lead-in, follow-up, feels whatever) connected to it. More like, "Lets fuck on the beach in front of a crowd for no reason". "Okay, look at me everybody". "Ok, I came, let's go home". I realize that @Runey keeps it easy and non-grindy for a reason, and it seems popular in this thread, but it doesn't work for me. The scenes are done better than in many other games here, I'll admit. Tastes differ, and as long as Runey keeps these things mostly optional, I have no complaints.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think you may be missing a lot of the story. Felicity for example establishes herself as yours. She doesn't want to do exhibitionism. But she's going to listen to whatever you say. She's a cat, and your her owner. Same thing with Emma. They're both going to follow your orders, which has been established in both of their stories.

Lin wants to do whatever you say, so she'll try her hardest to do it.

Ashley doesn't want you to dislike her, so she's going to do whatever you say.

(Exhibitionism wise anyway)

There are no direct story events leading into exhibitionism, I don't want to force that unto players. But besides that, I think you're suggesting I make events to more smoothly lead into exhibitionism? Like I said earlier, I believe you haven't picked up on the smaller things going on with Felicity for example.

This is an excellent suggestion in my opinion (highlighted part)
I agree that the dialogue is lacking. I also don‘t know the workload this would entail, but it is atleast something to think about. With how much content is going on it‘s pretty hard to spread the attention evenly and some parts are bound to be neglected.
But as you said, it‘s still a great game so far and in my opinion Runey does a great job in pulling this off as a one-man-team.
The only thing I could think of at the moment would be turning "Well, I guess I have to..." to "Well, I guess I have to... After all, I've established myself as willing to do whatever you want me to do since my ability to live is basically in your hands and if you were to kick me out I'd be completely homeless, as would my twin. But besides that, it's a huge turn on for you to treat me like a pet. I love being ordered to do things, and I love knowing you're happy after I do said things. So yeah, let's get to it."

That comes off as more rude than I mean it to.

As for the corruption thing, corruption typically means changing the girl to fit your standards. Or in other words, Kali dislikes you at the beginning, and is now willing to be spanked by you.

Reactions: TheDevian and DrFog

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
I think you may be missing a lot of the story. Felicity for example establishes herself as yours. She doesn't want to do exhibitionism. But she's going to listen to whatever you say. She's a cat, and your her owner. Same thing with Emma. They're both going to follow your orders, which has been established in both of their stories.

There are no direct story events leading into exhibitionism, I don't want to force that unto players. But besides that, I think you're suggesting I make events to more smoothly lead into exhibitionism? Like I said earlier, I believe you haven't picked up on the smaller things going on with Felicity for example.
To be honest, I'm only suggesting you keep going as you have until now. It's been a while since I played last, and even longer since I played the exhibitionist/dungeon parts, so I may have missed some aspects of the story as you say.

As for why those two things don't really work for me, well, partly because those two kinks aren't really my thing. Can hardly fault you for that and I'm glad they're mostly optional. But I can enjoy them if I understand why the girl would agree to be tied up / fucked publicly or whatever, beyond just bowing down to the player's will. And that's missing, imo. Possibly I missed it, as you say. Or maybe I'm just too vanilla for that ;-)

But, frankly, I think I'm in a minority here.

Reactions: Runey

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
An Alpha version of anything is it's first unfinished released. Typically it would have a ton of features missing.

A Beta version would be further down the line. More features implemented, etc etc.

$20+ patrons get access to the first Alpha build of every v0.x
$10+ patrons get access to all of the Beta builds of every v0.x

v0.6 has been in development for 3 weeks now, which makes today's build Beta Build #2

The Beta Build number will keep increasing until pre release.

The only thing I could think of at the moment would be turning "Well, I guess I have to..." to "Well, I guess I have to... After all, I've established myself as willing to do whatever you want me to do since my ability to live is basically in your hands and if you were to kick me out I'd be completely homeless, as would my twin. But besides that, it's a huge turn on for you to treat me like a pet. I love being ordered to do things, and I love knowing you're happy after I do said things. So yeah, let's get to it."

That comes off as more rude than I mean it to.

As for the corruption thing, corruption typically means changing the girl to fit your standards. Or in other words, Kali dislikes you at the beginning, and is now willing to be spanked by you.
And I absolutely adored every bit of that! :love: (Even if Ashley won't do most of that stuff for me any more). :LOL:

BigRay87

Jan 15, 2019
Runey - truly fantastic stuff, keep it up.

More content with Lin's and Kali's sisters would be awesome. Especially a variety of repeatable scenes, or getting caught with them by the others.

Bigger butts in general and more butt-stuff is my request (that's blatant personal preference though). Oh, and more to do with the lesser-used rooms of the house, like the sauna and the laundry room.

Maybe a story tree where we have to pick between two girls? New ones, that is. But really, more content for the girls you already have in the game would be awesome all by itself. Let's get some Autumn corruption rolling~!

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Runey - truly fantastic stuff, keep it up.

More content with Lin's and Kali's sisters would be awesome. Especially a variety of repeatable scenes, or getting caught with them by the others.

Bigger butts in general and more butt-stuff is my request (that's blatant personal preference though). Oh, and more to do with the lesser-used rooms of the house, like the sauna and the laundry room.

Maybe a story tree where we have to pick between two girls? New ones, that is. But really, more content for the girls you already have in the game would be awesome all by itself. Let's get some Autumn corruption rolling~!
Thank you so much!

Honey Select was made by Illusion, which is a Japanese company. (That's what I use to make the characters and visuals) So this means they didn't really put in a lot of effort in shaping the ass, and as an ass man myself, this pains me. Asses look sort of awkward, and not as shapely as I would like, so I typically try to refrain from certain angles, which limits what I can do.

v0.6 is meant to add a lot of side character stuff, like content with Lucy and Juliet (Along with Ellen, those are the top three requested characters) However, a lot of stressful things have been happening this past week, and it's been bogging my brain down way too much. It's becoming hard to think of new events for Lucy and Juliet, so as of right now, I'm not entirely sure what there will be for those two side characters. But, I definitely want to add a lot. As soon as I can think of something, I'll be adding it.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Love the game so far!

Btw, out of curiosity, in the future, will there be game changing events or routes that will affect the girl's personality, reaction and how they act?

Or will their personalities be linear, the same as they got corrupted?

Reactions: lkgdflkgjd

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Well, you can always think of more later, can you not.
Yes, but thinking about events takes a very long time. So I either have to take days off from developing the game to think, or think on the weekends. Unless something just pops into my brain, which is actually kind of common.

Love the game so far!

Btw, out of curiosity, in the future, will there be game changing events or routes that will affect the girl's personality, reaction and how they act?

Or will their personalities be linear, the same as they got corrupted?
Events in the future, and some already in game, will probably effect something, although I'm not entirely sure yet. And, the code to check for which option you chose wont be in until that event effects something.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thank you so much!

Honey Select was made by Illusion, which is a Japanese company. (That's what I use to make the characters and visuals) So this means they didn't really put in a lot of effort in shaping the ass, and as an ass man myself, this pains me. Asses look sort of awkward, and not as shapely as I would like, so I typically try to refrain from certain angles, which limits what I can do.

v0.6 is meant to add a lot of side character stuff, like content with Lucy and Juliet (Along with Ellen, those are the top three requested characters) However, a lot of stressful things have been happening this past week, and it's been bogging my brain down way too much. It's becoming hard to think of new events for Lucy and Juliet, so as of right now, I'm not entirely sure what there will be for those two side characters. But, I definitely want to add a lot. As soon as I can think of something, I'll be adding it.
With Lucy, I was thinking something about their father, maybe about him buying the pizza company or something evil (I don't know enough lore to say what), and/or maybe you working with her to do something nice for Kali (like getting her a gift and making her some good, non-pizza, food as thanks for all the nice stuff she has done for her, like letting her stay with her), and ending with a 3way between them.

Another idea is the classic 'she wants to go to a concert/show, but can't get tickets, but you do', and you manage to get three, and shockingly it is either an odd band/show they both like and they can bond over it, or Lucy intentionally picked something that was Kali's favorite, but she could barely stand, because she wanted her sister to be happy, and at some point she looked over and noticed how little fun her sister was having, and figures it out, and they bond over that selfless act. Either way, ends in a three-way! :devilish:

Both of these ideas could have at least one sexy time event with Lucy on her own, while you are preparing whatever the surprise is.

For Juliet, I am still leaning toward you bringing one of the girls to get new clothing, and she catches you two having sex in the dressing room (she remembered you making Android strip in front of everyone last time, and now you went into the changing room with (her or) another girl (maybe Maria, or one of the twins, so she knows them), so she goes to peep, her curiosity just gets the better of her. We catch her peeping, because she either was too obvious about it, or maybe she moaned due to playing with herself, and we pull her in to join us. This could then possibly unlock another event, where you can go see her at work and do sexy time in the changing room with her.

sean givens

May 23, 2018

Overview:
You've inherited the "Harem Hotel", a hotel where 8 beautiful women stay! Upgrade your hotel, build friendships with girls, follow their stories, and train them. Harem Hotel includes fully animated and completely uncensored lewd scenes, an array of stats and traits to build and unlock, many outfits to use, unique characters and fetishes, over 384 unique events, over 7,775 images, and way, way more to come.
Thread Updated: 2018-12-30
Release Date: 2018-12-25
Developer/Publisher: Runey -
Censorship: None
Version: 0.5.3
Language: English
Genre:

Change-Log:

Incest Code:

DOWNLOAD
PC: - -
Mac: - -
Android: - -
Others:

Extras: -

View attachment 145480 View attachment 145481 View attachment 145483 View attachment 145484 View attachment 169192 View attachment 200484 View attachment 200485 View attachment 200486 View attachment 200487 View attachment 200488 View attachment 200489 View attachment 200491 View attachment 200490 View attachment 200492 View attachment 200493 View attachment 200494 View attachment 200495
there needs to be actual pregnancy.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
there needs to be actual pregnancy.
Sounds pretty unlikely, given how many scenes you'd need to implement in order for that to happen for even just one character.

Not to mention that you'd need to wait around for literal months before it had any impact on gameplay.
There's a reason any game with preg only shows it in the epilogue where they can go from normal to big fat pregnant belly, then to the mother holding a baby all in the space of ten seconds.

Edit: Ninjaed.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Sounds pretty unlikely, given how many scenes you'd need to implement in order for that to happen for even just one character.

Not to mention that you'd need to wait around for literal months before it had any impact on gameplay.
There's a reason any game with preg only shows it in the epilogue where they can go from normal to big fat pregnant belly, then to the mother holding a baby all in the space of ten seconds.

Edit: Ninjaed.
Yeah, I did some math, if I wanted to implement pregnancy, or any form of variation you can make to the girls, it would take months or years to do, and that would just be replacing all the current events. It would also double the game size.

Which is why it'll only be a thing you can do once you've completed every character's story. But it is definitely going to be in the game. You'll be able to have pregnant sex with them as well, most likely.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, I did some math, if I wanted to implement pregnancy, or any form of variation you can make to the girls, it would take months or years to do, and that would just be replacing all the current events. It would also double the game size.

Which is why it'll only be a thing you can do once you've completed every character's story. But it is definitely going to be in the game. You'll be able to have pregnant sex with them as well, most likely.
Typically what you would do, is disable most of the sex scenes for while she was pregnant, and just have one or two per girl, and have a shortened gestation period, so she is not pregnant for a full nine game months. That way, things can get back to normal, and then you just need a day care center for all your kids and a girl to run it. :LOL:

Reactions: aolli

aolli

Nov 15, 2018
Typically what you would do, is disable most of the sex scenes for while she was pregnant, and just have one or two per girl, and have a shortened gestation period, so she is not pregnant for a full nine game months. That way, things can get back to normal, and then you just need a day care center for all your kids and a girl to run it. :LOL:
That could work, or just introduce a magical in-game pill that make makes pregnancy instant so people don't get pissed because they didn't read the warning that theyll get locked out of some content during pregnancy lol

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
That could work, or just introduce a magical in-game pill that make makes pregnancy instant so people don't get pissed because they didn't read the warning that theyll get locked out of some content during pregnancy lol
Animations would actually be the easiest part of it by a ton. It's remaking all of the events that would be hard.

I would have to do this: Let's say there's an event with Lin, Kali, Ashley and Maria. I would have to make an image for if only Lin is pregnant, Only Kali, only Ashley, only Maria. Then I would have to make images for if Lin and Kali were pregnant, if Lin and Ashley were pregnant, if Lin and Maria were pregnant, etc. Then I would have to do it for if three characters were pregnant, then for four, and so on, and so on. It would be 32x ( I think ) the amount of work and images I have to make at 8 characters.

Animations are easy, I just make it like I would with another outfit.

aolli

Nov 15, 2018
Animations would actually be the easiest part of it by a ton. It's remaking all of the events that would be hard.

I would have to do this: Let's say there's an event with Lin, Kali, Ashley and Maria. I would have to make an image for if only Lin is pregnant, Only Kali, only Ashley, only Maria. Then I would have to make images for if Lin and Kali were pregnant, if Lin and Ashley were pregnant, if Lin and Maria were pregnant, etc. Then I would have to do it for if three characters were pregnant, then for four, and so on, and so on. It would be 32x ( I think ) the amount of work and images I have to make at 8 characters.

Animations are easy, I just make it like I would with another outfit.
I forgot about event stuff, would be a massive pain.
It's not really helpful right now, but going sprite based instead of CG based would solve the issue, but then that has issues of its own and CGs look better imo.

Reactions: DrFog and Runey
4.70 star(s) 444 Votes