Recommending Harem Games - Recommendations, Updates, and Resources

grunt_pepper

Aug 8, 2017
Finally a thread for harem lovers - it feels like coming home.

I'd like to submit a few contributions of my own, with the caveat that I really, really dislike sharing - it's one of my major squicks, and I'm a very vanilla guy, about the most enjoyable sex scenes are the ones where the whole harem is having sex with the protagonist. Also, not a big fan of monstergirls, I draw the line at tails and ears, so all my recommendations are going to fit that criteria for the most part. Oh, right, and no parent-child stuff (especially mom-son).

Out of Touch is a pretty interesting one - don't let the rough renders put you off from playing it - it's a wonderfully written story about the demigod son of Chad Thundercock. Despite this really silly premise the author really worked hard to give the world depth, and soon enough the protagonists and his love interests get drawn into a conspiracy involving ancient, malevolent spirits that are somehow connected to the MC and are trying to take his divine essence for themselves, along with a host of other side plots. I'd classify it as low-fantasy since it's mostly urban fantasy (sans vampires and werewolves) with heavy inspiration from anime, with a sprinkling of science fiction (genetic engineering and traveling through dimensions).

Also, it's a real slow burn in terms of lewd content - so far the protagonist is only sexually involved with one of the heroines, but it's made very obvious all the rest are into him and will be joining soon enough. The sexual content is also very vanilla.

About the only negative thing I could say about the game, besides the models used (especially for the protagonist), is that sometimes the game switched to an open-world where you can "explore" the town and it's a drag. It's still one of the better written VNs on the site.

Mist is fully completed - and it's a great premise - you're going to your deceased grandpa's house when a deadly mist descends upon the forest, mutating all creatures and turning them into monsters. Soon enough you are forced to go explore the forest and rescue a girl and the story takes off from there. This is one of the rare titles that has actual gameplay (though the developer kindly included an easy mode if you just want to enjoy the story). The sexual content is fairly vanilla, the sex scenes are animated and the plot itself is low fantasy with a sprinkling of survival and horror.

Pervert Action: Legacy is completed. Also pretty much every other title by BBBen. For anyone wondering about the "netorare" tag, just like in all his other titles, this content is completely optional and easily avoidable - the developer makes it very obvious which choices will lead to sharing and makes it easy to avoid.

The premise of this one is again heavily inspired by anime - the MC somehow gets lost in a forest and stumbles upon a mansion filled with women, who mistaken him for the new master. His duty is to train the three maids (in housekeeping, combat and sexual skills) in preparation for a mysterious ritual. In the meantime you're free to explore the mansion and uncover its many secrets and perhaps enjoy the services of your maids.

A standout feature of BBBen's games is how interactive the sex scenes are. The game makes use of a text parser, so you can type what you want to do and the game will then display the respective render with a description. It's a really great way to make the sex scenes engaging and make you feel in control.

Concerning the endings, you first need to unlock all singular endings and all threesome endings before you can unlock the harem ending (or you can just use the cheat code to unlock it from the start).

Also, I want to praise BBBen's work ethic, he's got at least 4 completed games under his belt and works really hard to stay on schedule.

Pervert Action: Timelapse is the latest BBBen game in development. Again, the netorare content is all completely optional and you can opt out of it. The premise in this one is that you get hit by a train and wake up a month later to find out you weren't in a coma, but somehow managed to get yourself a harem and get rich. The rest of the game is spent figuring out what happened to you and getting back with the love interests, because they didn't take kindly to finding out you were seeing other women besides them.

BBBen has a knack for creating an interesting opener that makes you want to figure out what is going on in the story, and with Timelapse he's really outdone himself. Sex is once again interactive, very vanilla, and the game follows a similar structure as Legacy - you have to build up your skills and romance the love interests, all the while also following the main plot.

Eternum - I'm not really a big fan of "you're in a virtual world" type of stories, as I feel the action taking place in a videogame robs the plot of necessary gravitas, but this one really won me over with the quality of the writing and the clever use of the VR setting - since the author uses it to tell a wide variety of stories ranging from action, fantasy, intrigue, horror, and the madlad even managed to feature a whole heist episode. The writing is really on point, and I found myself laughing at a few parts, which is very rare.

The one negative are the sex scenes - they're well animated, the models look hot, but they just feel very dull. Maybe I've been spoiled by BBBen's interactive take on them, but I certainly wouldn't read through this VN for the lewds.

Flat Lust Project is very basic, but I'd like to include it to give the developer more exposure. It's a completed game in which you, as a programmer, need to finish a project to make a lot of money despite all the distractions (of the female variety) thrown your way. It's by no means anything special, but I really liked the fact the story was so down to Earth. There's no fantastical creatures, no saving the world, you're just a guy trying to do your job.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mad World - this one reminded me of Fate/Stay Night in a way - really solid urban fantasy worldbuilding and good writing, meh character models, but great action scenes. Author really nailed it with the worldbuilding, where people with powers need to use them in a clever way to win, instead of just overpowering the opponent. The mystery surrounding the protagonist, and more importantly what his power actually is and can do is what kept me going.

Only issue I can see with this one is that the updates are sporadic, though the lates tone was massive and the developer seems committed to seeing the project to completion.

As for the sex, again, it's all very vanilla, though you need to be careful about your choices.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Chalker

grunt_pepper

Aug 8, 2017
Why, are my recommendations really that controversial?

About the most questionable ones are going to be BBBen's games, but I've played through them and you always needed to opt into the NTR stuff (which I obviously never did).

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
  • Haha
Reactions: `Ray` and Uthuriel