Harem Character Study: Is it safe to assume most Harem lovers would dislike Holli from the 1992 movie Cool World? (Screenshot)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But that implies it's either a poorly written character that has their acts and behavior controlled for the purpose of the story, at that point she's barely a character and more of a plot device. In the other case they're lying in one of the routes.
Why should it imply one or the other ?

In an universe parallel to this one, there's surely a version of you who find me funny and interesting. Does it mean that you are lying when you say that I'm a boring old fart ? And, no, it doesn't mean that you are lying in that parallel universe where you find me funny and interesting.
You would be different in that universe. You wouldn't be the little brat I like, and perhaps that you would be so much of a fanboy that I'll not like you.

All this is nothing more than a "what if" scenario. What if you were smart enough to understand how funny and interesting I am (I'm the one writing, let me dream the way I want) ?

Does the answer really matters ? Does the answer will change what I think about you ? Does the answer will change who you are in this universe ?
Should I starts disliking you because there's, somewhere in a parallel universe, a version of you who's an annoying fanboy ?
Of course not. The answer to all those question is: No.

So, why should it be different with a fictional story ?

Why should the girl in the not sharing universe be lying ? Unless it's the one in the sharing universe who's lying ?
Why should those so similar, yet also so different, version of a same character necessarily be the different face of a same figure ?
Yes, you'll learn more about her, but it will be useless knowledge. What you'll learn will be the answer to "what if it wasn't really he same person". It's something purely hypothetical, something that don't happened elsewhere that in your head.
Let the hypothetical her stay just a hypothetical her. Anyway it's not the true her, it's the her you imagine in your worse nightmare.

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
Why should it imply one or the other ?

In an universe parallel to this one, there's surely a version of you who find me funny and interesting. Does it mean that you are lying when you say that I'm a boring old fart ? And, no, it doesn't mean that you are lying in that parallel universe where you find me funny and interesting.
You would be different in that universe. You wouldn't be the little brat I like, and perhaps that you would be so much of a fanboy that I'll not like you.

All this is nothing more than a "what if" scenario. What if you were smart enough to understand how funny and interesting I am (I'm the one writing, let me dream the way I want) ?

Does the answer really matters ? Does the answer will change what I think about you ? Does the answer will change who you are in this universe ?
Should I starts disliking you because there's, somewhere in a parallel universe, a version of you who's an annoying fanboy ?
Of course not. The answer to all those question is: No.

So, why should it be different with a fictional story ?

Why should the girl in the not sharing universe be lying ? Unless it's the one in the sharing universe who's lying ?
Why should those so similar, yet also so different, version of a same character necessarily be the different face of a same figure ?
Yes, you'll learn more about her, but it will be useless knowledge. What you'll learn will be the answer to "what if it wasn't really he same person". It's something purely hypothetical, something that don't happened elsewhere that in your head.
Let the hypothetical her stay just a hypothetical her. Anyway it's not the true her, it's the her you imagine in your worse nightmare.
See but that's dumb, your just trying to change the fundamental way I enjoy content and things.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
You'll share your life together, she shouldn't have secrets for you and you shouldn't have for her.
All other points of this post aside, I just wanted to comment on this bit as a guy that's been happily married to the same woman for over 20 years. Directly addressing the "shouldn't have secrets" bit: HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA *deep breath* HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA