VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hard Exam [Part 1-2] [DeepSleep]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
As long as the regular Anna is still in development, I wouldn't count this as actually abandoned. F95 rules don't mean the game is actually abandoned. Just means there's no communication between the dev and the website about this particular thread....at least that's what I've understood from what I've read over the years.

Reactions: princess bride

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Since these are both one-off short novels, they clearly haven't been abandoned. Surely, they should be tagged as completed? I know for a fact they are both completed, and it's incredibly obvious to anyone who has played either of them. It may be that there might eventually be a Hard Exam 3, but until the Devs suggest otherwise, describing these as 'abandoned' is just totally wrong!

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Since these are both one-off short novels, they clearly haven't been abandoned. Surely, they should be tagged as completed? I know for a fact they are both completed, and it's incredibly obvious to anyone who has played either of them. It may be that there might eventually be a Hard Exam 3, but until the Devs suggest otherwise, describing these as 'abandoned' is just totally wrong!
Hard Exam 2 was left with sort of an open ending, from what I remember. That isn't completed. Maybe you could say "Chapter 2 of a story is completed", I guess. But, I agree that doesn't make it abandoned, really. Still, the abandoned tag is only judged off of communication from the dev, about that project. When's the last time the dev said anything about Hard Exam? F95 only goes off of that.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Hard Exam 2 was left with sort of an open ending, from what I remember. That isn't completed. Maybe you could say "Chapter 2 of a story is completed", I guess. But, I agree that doesn't make it abandoned, really. Still, the abandoned tag is only judged off of communication from the dev, about that project. When's the last time the dev said anything about Hard Exam? F95 only goes off of that.
Regardless of whether they were left with the possibility of the story continuing, they were conceived as independent short novels, with no plan to continue the storylines. The storyline of Hard Exam was subsequently continued, but as there was nothing to suggest that when it was first released, why would anyone assume that it was abandoned?. To be abandoned, there would need to be proof the Dev was actively intending to continue with them, and there never has been. They should be listed as Hard Exam-completed, and Hard Exam 2- completed.

There are loads of short games on this site where this happens, and a whole sequence of 'completed' short games, deliberately continues a storyline. That's done intentionally, and yet apparently it's ok to list them as 'completed', when they're obviously not. Whereas these two short novels which were conceived with years between the two versions, and the first one was never deliberately intended to be part of sequence, cannot be listed as 'completed', but instead are said to be 'abandoned'. That makes zero sense.

The truth is, it's been wrongly tagged, and needs to be altered

Last edited:
Reactions: Wabbit
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes