VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Happenstance [v1.90] [Undertow Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Akamari

Impressions as of alpha version.

Interesting VN that tries a different approach to gameplay and storytelling. Too early to say how good or bad it will be.

THE GOOD:
    - Interesting setting.
    - Good writing.
    - Decent renders
    - Making rollback into a feature is an interesting move.
    - QT events. Can be fun, can be annoying, hard to say now.
    - MC's analytical mind. His "powers" are not too overpowered thankfully.

THE BAD:
    - Player choices - There are none really. It seems it's just whether you miss the clickable or not.
    - Elise - Now, this just a very subjective thing, but I just don't find her face attractive, particularly her eyes are strange. Otherwise, she is well written, and I will give her a chance, but I'm interested in other options now.

THE UGLY:
    - UI (especially for QT events) could use some work.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

drowsy

A very good alpha. The mechanics seem confusing at the beginning, until you get into the story and it makes more sense. The game has a sci-fi setting, unusual and very interesting compared to run of the mill Ren'Py games, and the MC has some enhanced mental powers. I really like the focus on the relationship between the MC and Elly, and that your powers allow you to delve into emotional reactions and subtle social cues. The visuals are also top-notch, with a lovely character design. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the relationship and overall game will go, especially with the hints towards BDSM themes.