Others Completed HAKO [Illusion]

CautiousWheat0

Oct 19, 2021
I am running a windows 10, already have my system locale switched to japan. I can download the game, and the uncensored/translation patch. That all works fine. The intro is translated, I can get to the scene where the apple transforms into a girl but the scene is closer to a powerpoint presentation than animation. Afterwards, the email isn't translated ((I wonder if I screwed up the uncensored/translation patch since there was a file in there about translating the emails)). I have found the D3P9 file. But I cannot add the file to the ISO.

my current attempt has been to extract the ISO (worked), add the d3p9 file to the game directory and then launch the game (this also worked). Then I ran the patch. I thought this worked because when I relaunched the game the initial launcher was translated, and the intro was translated in english as well. But like I said before, the emails were not, and so far, the animation scene was ugly. beyond the animation scene, selecting any actions lead to game-breaking lag. Not just ugly, but unplayable.

I used this as instruction on how to install the core game in a manner that would agree with the patch.

I would just like to ask exactly where folks are adding this d3p9 file (yes yes, the game directory I know, and yes I know that's the file that has the HAKO.exe folder), and how they are adding it? Do I need to pay for a program that would allow me to open the iso file, add something to that file, and then return the whole thing to an iso state?

on the patch, there is an option to create a desktop shortcut to 1) Illusion Wizzard, 2)Illusion Wizzard for HAko ((I am assuming these are the assistive launchers?)), 3) Illusion Wizzard Hako Mods, and 4) Box- HAKO (I'm assuming the actual game itself). I have been able to open the location folder for the box-Hako shortcut and add the d3p9 file that way. However, when I try to run the game through the HAKO.exe inside that folder, the initial launcher window will open up and then immediately crash and shut down when I tell it to launch the game. The game WILL launch if I start it through my start menu.

Any assistance or clarification would be awesome, and if I ever figure it out I will give other folks a painfully step by step process of what to do. For other folks that are equally beginners at messing around with computer files.

CautiousWheat0

Oct 19, 2021
I am running a windows 10, already have my system locale switched to japan. I can download the game, and the uncensored/translation patch. That all works fine. The intro is translated, I can get to the scene where the apple transforms into a girl but the scene is closer to a powerpoint presentation than animation. Afterwards, the email isn't translated ((I wonder if I screwed up the uncensored/translation patch since there was a file in there about translating the emails)). I have found the D3P9 file. But I cannot add the file to the ISO.

my current attempt has been to extract the ISO (worked), add the d3p9 file to the game directory and then launch the game (this also worked). Then I ran the patch. I thought this worked because when I relaunched the game the initial launcher was translated, and the intro was translated in english as well. But like I said before, the emails were not, and so far, the animation scene was ugly. beyond the animation scene, selecting any actions lead to game-breaking lag. Not just ugly, but unplayable.

I used this as instruction on how to install the core game in a manner that would agree with the patch.

I would just like to ask exactly where folks are adding this d3p9 file (yes yes, the game directory I know, and yes I know that's the file that has the HAKO.exe folder), and how they are adding it? Do I need to pay for a program that would allow me to open the iso file, add something to that file, and then return the whole thing to an iso state?

on the patch, there is an option to create a desktop shortcut to 1) Illusion Wizzard, 2)Illusion Wizzard for HAko ((I am assuming these are the assistive launchers?)), 3) Illusion Wizzard Hako Mods, and 4) Box- HAKO (I'm assuming the actual game itself). I have been able to open the location folder for the box-Hako shortcut and add the d3p9 file that way. However, when I try to run the game through the HAKO.exe inside that folder, the initial launcher window will open up and then immediately crash and shut down when I tell it to launch the game. The game WILL launch if I start it through my start menu.

Any assistance or clarification would be awesome, and if I ever figure it out I will give other folks a painfully step by step process of what to do. For other folks that are equally beginners at messing around with computer files.
UPDATE:

I ran into similar issues with another Illusion game "Rapeplay". the issue with ISO files and not knowing where to put the r3p9.dll file and all that. I came across a comment with instructions I hadn't tried before, and my issues with the horrible unplayable lagging were fixed! at least as far as Rapeplay goes. I'm still running into an issue where HAKO starts loading and immediately crashes and closes so I think there is some seperate issue that I have made a mistake with. I have tried completely uninstalling, deleting everything, and then reinstalling but still having that issue so there must be something I am missing when I uninstall. At anyrate, following this is the comment for Rapeplay that fixed my issues, which also says it will fix issues for all older 3D games (including other Illusion games).

NOTE: This is for fixing the issue with the r3d9.dll file and Windows 10

Instructions to fix If computer says you don't have permissions (like mine did) these are the instructions to change file permissions

Reactions: kdaniel111

kdaniel111

Jun 27, 2022
UPDATE:

I ran into similar issues with another Illusion game "Rapeplay". the issue with ISO files and not knowing where to put the r3p9.dll file and all that. I came across a comment with instructions I hadn't tried before, and my issues with the horrible unplayable lagging were fixed! at least as far as Rapeplay goes. I'm still running into an issue where HAKO starts loading and immediately crashes and closes so I think there is some seperate issue that I have made a mistake with. I have tried completely uninstalling, deleting everything, and then reinstalling but still having that issue so there must be something I am missing when I uninstall. At anyrate, following this is the comment for Rapeplay that fixed my issues, which also says it will fix issues for all older 3D games (including other Illusion games).

NOTE: This is for fixing the issue with the r3d9.dll file and Windows 10

Instructions to fix If computer says you don't have permissions (like mine did) these are the instructions to change file permissions

I have same problem with lagging stat of a girl and room where girl is BUT I follow this tutorial and for me it solves the problem. Only thing is to copy this exact file, (other seems to not work at all, but d3d9.dll from this link working good) and thats it. Also I play in 'good quality' and in window mode ;D

Minamyaou

Mar 4, 2018
Yeah, with Hongfire dead (even if its content was reuploaded elsewhere), many of Illusion's games are a bit homeless or in need of reupload.
This thread OP has been inactive for more than a year, so unless someone take control of this thread it's not getting updated.

CautiousWheat0

Oct 19, 2021
Yeah, with Hongfire dead (even if its content was reuploaded elsewhere), many of Illusion's games are a bit homeless or in need of reupload.
This thread OP has been inactive for more than a year, so unless someone take control of this thread it's not getting updated.
yeah, I'm having a bit of a problem with Immoral Ward from them too. I think partly because I'm not understanding when people explain the "fix". like, they'll say "copy the files from the setup folder to the main game folder" and I will copy all the files, paste them into multiple different folders trying to figure out what they meant by the "main game folder" and still not have the game run. It's a bit of a steep learning curve sometimes with these computer file tricks.