E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Me too, but once again that's what makes this game really worth it. But I concede EvaKiss might have some headaches to keep the storiES clear and logical!

Talking to GoT and its bunch of characters, if I'm not wrong the writer of GoT has an (or maybe more) helper to list all the characters and their evolution and to avoid forgetting one of them... Even without programming it's already hard to imagine and memorize stories with a lot of character, so when you have to deal with variables in addition...
Good Girl Gone Bad is an excellent piece of ero VN, even as it is at the current incomplete version, with more and better characters, and better developed, than similar titles, and I'm sure it will become a masterpiece within its genre in due time. But let's not compare it with Game of Thrones or A Song of Ice and Fire. Yes, the writer, George R. R. Martin has a friend couple who help him with the character database and other details, and they even co-wrote together with him The World of Ice and Fire, but he has 2300+ named characters in his books, we're talking about completely different scales. I understand that Eva Kiss does her work almost completely alone, but I'm sure her difficulty in writing new material, where she has so many characters and path variables compared with the common VN, is in technical difficulties and the ammount of work that may come with those numbers and not because she may confuse them or forget some details. It's like a tree that has one main body and starts to branch up. The more the branches, the more the work required.

gmn

Jan 12, 2018
Good Girl Gone Bad is an excellent piece of ero VN, even as it is at the current incomplete version, with more and better characters, and better developed, than similar titles, and I'm sure it will become a masterpiece within its genre in due time. But let's not compare it with Game of Thrones or A Song of Ice and Fire. Yes, the writer, George R. R. Martin has a friend couple who help him with the character database and other details, and they even co-wrote together with him The World of Ice and Fire, but he has 2300+ named characters in his books, we're talking about completely different scales. I understand that Eva Kiss does her work almost completely alone, but I'm sure her difficulty in writing new material, where she has so many characters and path variables compared with the common VN, is in technical difficulties and the ammount of work that may come with those numbers and not because she may confuse them or forget some details. It's like a tree that has one main body and starts to branch up. The more the branches, the more the work required.
Of course it was not my will to literally compare both works and of course the scales are different. It was more about the complexity of the two things to get coherent and clear in the progress of the story. As you said George R.R. Martin has to deal with the huge amount of characters, as Evakiss has to think at all the combinations of story parts. One is (more or less) linear while the other is like "exponential" as the story progress. And I wouldn't be surprised the number of variables or combinations will exceed 2300+ at the end ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(By the way, I don't think EK manage all the programming side alone but it's just an intuition ;) )

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Of course it was not my will to literally compare both works and of course the scales are different. It was more about the complexity of the two things to get coherent and clear in the progress of the story. As you said George R.R. Martin has to deal with the huge amount of characters, as Evakiss has to think at all the combinations of story parts. One is (more or less) linear while the other is like "exponential" as the story progress. And I wouldn't be surprised the number of variables or combinations will exceed 2300+ at the end ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(By the way, I don't think EK manage all the programming side alone but it's just an intuition ;) )
Good Girl Gone Bad is much more complex than the average VN, that's for sure, so I can see a big number of story variations, but I doubt it will exceed 2300 in the end xD. Still, my worry is that the branches keep getting multiplied with the involvement of more characters, which means more variations, which means more work, and more stress or pressure for her to continue to release regular updates. Like I said before, the more the branches, the more the work, so she may start to release further updates more spaced in time, or with less story progress due to the all the variations. So I think it's plausible if she will start to abandon some of those branches for the sake of the integrity of the main body, or like some of you have put it, start to game thronesing it. :)

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
You can't compare a linear piece of narrative like a novel with a game, a cyoa vn game like GGGB is an entire different thing.
Compare GGGB with the rest of VNs in this site for example, How many have a similar number of paths? How many put out there good content like GGGB every month? How many have good writing?

afc2112

Jan 4, 2018
Well, we do have the Somalia terrorists or Wilson & the gang...

I doubt it'll happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017
This game is so big that when I read comments about it, I'm like, "How do I get that?". I played it many times and yet there is still a lot to discover. Amazing.

4.70 star(s) 379 Votes