"Goddess Saga: Darkness" A Semi Open World RPG Game

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017

Synopsis
Max, a new apprentice of the "Knights of the Court" is ordered by the king himself to investigate the disappearance of a girl that will take him on a tour around the continent with his group of three descendants of the goddess, including his recent wife and a childhood friend.
During the trip Max will have to improve his relationship with his female companions if he plans to have a more personal relationship with any of them (or all of them), because if he does not, others will not hesitate to do so!
The darkness has awakened and he and his group are the only ones who can stop it!​

The game will be from Max's point of view. The game is developed in RPG Maker MV with DAZ3D art.
It will be a semi-open world with a lot of RPG features, like an ABS (Action Battle System) combat.
The NTR aspect of the game will be completely optional.
This is a remake of Descendants of the Goddess.

Characters
Mei
She is a descendant of the goddess and sister of King George III. She is characterized by a shy and low-confidence personality which others take advantage of.

Jennifer(Jenn)
She is characterized by a very lively personality, she spends her time interacting with other people, her favorite place is the tavern. Very friendly with Mei, she would do anything for her and yes, she is also a descendant of the goddess.

Serah
A strong descendant of the goddess who travels around the continent doing what she wants, when she wants. She has a great hostility towards Mei, she will not hesitate to do whatever she can to make Mei feel bad, that includes going after her fiancé...

The game will be completely free, only days of anticipated access will be given to those who are patreon.

Some of the features:
- A semi-open world.
- An action based combat like a RPG.
- If you make the wrong decisions you will end up being NTR'ed.
- A long and epic story.
- Decisions that will affect your relationship with other characters, their destiny, etc.

and .

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016

Synopsis
Max, a new apprentice of the "Knights of the Court" is ordered by the king himself to investigate the disappearance of a girl that will take him on a tour around the continent with his group of three descendants of the goddess, including his recent wife and a childhood friend.
During the trip Max will have to improve his relationship with his female companions if he plans to have a more personal relationship with any of them (or all of them), because if he does not, others will not hesitate to do so!
The darkness has awakened and he and his group are the only ones who can stop it!​

The game will be from Max's point of view. The game is developed in RPG Maker MV with DAZ3D art.
It will be a semi-open world with a lot of RPG features, like an ABS (Action Battle System) combat.
The NTR aspect of the game will be completely optional.
This is a remake of Descendants of the Goddess.

Characters
Mei
She is a descendant of the goddess and sister of King George III. She is characterized by a shy and low-confidence personality which others take advantage of.

Jennifer(Jenn)
She is characterized by a very lively personality, she spends her time interacting with other people, her favorite place is the tavern. Very friendly with Mei, she would do anything for her and yes, she is also a descendant of the goddess.

Serah
A strong descendant of the goddess who travels around the continent doing what she wants, when she wants. She has a great hostility towards Mei, she will not hesitate to do whatever she can to make Mei feel bad, that includes going after her fiancé...

The game will be completely free, only days of anticipated access will be given to those who are patreon.

Some of the features:
- A semi-open world.
- An action based combat like a RPG.
- If you make the wrong decisions you will end up being NTR'ed.
- A long and epic story.
- Decisions that will affect your relationship with other characters, their destiny, etc.

and .
Is Descendants is being abandoned?

Reactions: byedark

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
is a direct remake of the story with new features, I decided to change the name to avoid confusion, you could say that?

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Directly from my :

Decisions/Friendship/Love/NTR!
It's been a few days since I announced the complete remake of "Descendants of the Goddess" becoming "Goddess Saga: Darkness", so it's time to start giving more information about the game.
The whole premise of the game is based on the decisions the player makes and how they affect the characters around the main character. If you make good decisions you will be able to have relationships with main and secondary characters, maybe only with some or all of them... but on the other hand if your decisions are not the right ones either because you were wrong or because you wanted to ( ;) ) the girls will surely continue with their life, in which they don't want the main character in it...
The main statistic that I haven't decided well yet how to call it (Affection/Loyalty/Love/Relationship?) will mainly determine the relationship you have with the target character, make decisions that interest them, treat them well and the points will go up unlocking events where the main character will be the center of attention... But if you do just the opposite, the main character could end up alone, with no one to kill his free time with while saving the continent!
Example:
Suppose the stats start at a neutral of 20 points, in this case Serah. She can't stand weak people, in the beginning she even questions why Max is in charge of the group, to which you can respond as follows:

"Because I'm the best-looking one, that's clear." (Serah +1)
"I am the strongest" (Serah +2)
"I wonder the same thing" (Serah -2)
"..."(Serah -1)

There you could see how it would affect your relationship with Serah, although on the other hand while with the first and second option you could improve your relationship with Serah, you could be making it worse with the rest of the characters present!
The game is being designd so that your decisions will impact the relationship with the characters, while other decisions will change the main plot.
On the other hand, the only man with whom there will be a "relationship" statistic will be Roy, this statistic will decide his behavior in case a girl makes you NTR with him, have a low relationship and he will decide to humiliate you, but if you have a high relationship he may even allow you to join, although if you go the alpha route I don't think you will like either option... Although Roy's statistics are not only for that, he could be very useful throughout the story with a high or low relationship...
That's it for today! Next Monday the 20th we'll be talking about the art direction of the game and I'll be sharing some previews.
You know you can stop by the Discord's server and talk about anything with me!

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Directly from my :
NTR Haters you guys brought this to yourself...

So you think that constantly writing on Patreon's post negatively or sending hateful messages would bring something positive?
From this moment on I have decided that the NO NTR route will only have some scenes at the end of the game in the style of Makura Cover games, I prefer to make more variety of scenes for people who are grateful, you who keep insulting and bothering because you don't like something don't deserve anything, I hope most adult games will feature NTR ;)
Bye, bye Public Posts too!

vickze

Nov 10, 2018
Interesting. The things changed.

Fortunatelly the game will continue.

I think that Max was the king brother the previously but now is MEI...Then. THE KING is descendant from the Goddess too..

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Interesting. The things changed.

Fortunatelly the game will continue.

I think that Max was the king brother the previously but now is MEI...Then. THE KING is descendant from the Goddess too..
Last time as not enough flashbacks were seen it could not be explained well

Reactions: vickze

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Overall I'm a bit critic to the "choose good options or bad options", I believe to make it more interesting should be rather consequences of the past. For example if you did get into bed a girl by convincing her that she should do everything she can to obtain what she wants, the reward that you can get at the moment can be a penalty in the future.

An example that I usually use is the amazon, she tells you for example that all men should be slaves, giving options like yes or I agree can give you a bonus in your relationship with her because you share that idea, however in the future you may get into the situation that she asks you to become her slave and refusing would be a really big penalty. On the other hand opposing her ideas gets you a worse relationship but it opens up options to show your point and be able to earn respect by thinking differently.

Rather than those good options and bad options I believe it makes more sense having to be consequent to what you, and your character, says.

On the part of NTR I always thought to be more interesting not doing compared to choosing to not do. Let me explain myself, imagine that a "villain character" is trying to get into bed with some girl, let's say your girlfriend/wife to be more consequent with NTR, your character notices that something weird is happening and you generate a quest/mission, not doing it or doing it too late would lead to NTR, for me it makes much more sense compared to choosing to lose.

Having said that I believe that your point of NTR haters is wrong, not because of being a penalty to them, but rather to the people that don't like NTR but aren't like them. Overall a game needs to have a reward, following what you said about makura cover games I think about Leane of legitimate crown, while this game has quite a lot of NTR it still leaves you the possibility to romance the girl you like and take her first time.

Lastly... I would like to mention that just because a different character does get the girl, it doesn't mean that our MC can't conquer her. But this is just out of purely commenting.

To end I hope for the best in your game and that you truly enjoy making it.

• Love
Reactions: Back

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
Having said that I believe that your point of NTR haters is wrong, not because of being a penalty to them, but rather to the people that don't like NTR but aren't like them. Overall a game needs to have a reward, following what you said about makura cover games I think about Leane of legitimate crown, while this game has quite a lot of NTR it still leaves you the possibility to romance the girl you like and take her first time.
Pretty sure the developer was just looking for an excuse, that or he/she we just rash. No good developer will change their idea because of a few outspoken haters especially to a worse version. Its like a preschool teacher punishing half the class because the mentally challenged kid throws a fit.

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Pretty sure the developer was just looking for an excuse, that or he/she we just rash. No good developer will change their idea because of a few outspoken haters especially to a worse version. Its like a preschool teacher punishing half the class because the mentally challenged kid throws a fit.
No comments supporting NTR content, just criticism, so I decided to directly make NTR content.

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
So what is the status of the remake? Like a few others I think you were onto a winning with the original protagonist and her design.

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
So what is the status of the remake? Like a few others I think you were onto a winning with the original protagonist and her design.
Actually I've been sharing content in patreon, but because of the hate of those who don't like the NTR I don't do more public posts, maybe I'll publish it here later.

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
So as far I understand, you'll be remaking your original Goddess game, so we may as well unfollow the previous thread?

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
SonaGate how exactly will the gamer interact with the game.
The main carracter will be the male, but the gamer will be able to control the female too?
e.g.
the mc makes everything correct but the girl is a nimphomaniac -> ntr-ed
or
the mc makes all the wrong choices but the girl is very loyal and don't want to cheat on him -> not ntr-ed

bottomline we will control only the male's decisions or Mei's also as in the original game?

edit: since the couple are adventurers you could make small chapters/missions for them:
a) both on the same mission -> we control the male
b) male is send to a mission -> we control the female that remains to the village
c) female is send to a mission -> we control her and everything goes "wrong"! :LOL:
or reversed...
d) both on the same mission -> we control the female
e) male is send to a mission -> we control the male and see what the adventure brings...
f) female is send to a mission -> we control the male who tries to "expand" his experiences.

Last edited:

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I've decided to take the risk and make public certain posts and new ones until the release of the game... there's a lot of new information available!

Reactions: DaveDoes

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
If I may, I would like to give my input over the routes and system:

-Love route: It's okay however it could be nice that the players could try to develop riskier content with the girls albeit having warnings about what type of content it is, overall it would be nice to have a bit of "sexual personality" for each of the girls.

The harem route is okay like that, it's what people expect when they do everything perfectly, but I would say the same that I did related to individual love routes.

-Corruption route: It... kind of feels like it would be possible to have it within love route? an optional expansion to it in which we explore the girls fetishes and perhaps give them new ones? in fact it could even open a corrupted harem route ending, I just feel like it doesn't need to be an individual route, it could perfectly be part of the love route when you want to go outside of vanilla and explore sex.

-NTR routes: They feel like they are a clear contradiction between what you said before related to other characters, let me explain myself:

*When you talked about friendship with those characters it was said that if you had a good relationship with them perhaps they would let you join in the fun and they wouldn't humilliate you, however based on the name of the routes we have the helpless and the revenge route, in none of them it seems that there is a place for friendship.

Overall I just feel a difference between concept and ending, in fact the game system proposed seems to generate quite a few conflicts with the endings.

I would like to propose the following:

-Events between the girls and the MC or other characters should be accessible in all chapters, does it make sense that if I don't unlock all love or NTR events in chapter one I'm destined to the normal route? at most some of the events that are more significant or that could be related to a chapter rather than a different one could be added a few variations for it to work.

-Characters friendship should be taken into account, if I have a good relationship with x character and he was trying to get y girl then if I manage to get the girl to be my girlfriend he would give up, however if I have a bad relationship with him he will try to make the MC into a cuck. However it may be really hard to have a good relationship with him while trying to get the girl he is interested on...

-Being able to get back the girl that got NTR'ed, overall in what I propose we have dynamic relationships in which the girls will have a loved one but that can change in the chapters based on many things, there are people that are quite interested in doing something like this.

-Exploring the girls sexuality can be a penalty and a bonus: Perhaps a girl is bisexual, another one may be interested in being the dominant partner and perhaps there is even a girl that would have a cheating fetish. Overall those types of things if you explore them it can give the MC quite a few issues (having to deal with open infidelity, femdom or other acts) but they could be an easy way to never lose the girls to other characters and stop them from having sex with them (unless she likes to cheat, in which case albeit she will have sex with the other character she won't fall in love with him). It can be quite an interesting mechanic having to deal with their kinks rather than the other characters seducing them.

Overall I believe it would be better like that, a simple explanation would be:

-As the MC you can court the girl you like, however other characters are trying to seduce their favourite girl, to get the girl you will have to compete for her in the sense of messing with the rivals and interacting with said girl, they will try to do the same to you.

-A girl that is successfully seduced would become the girlfriend of the character that seduced her, if you did manage to seduce her while having a good relationship with the rival he will give up (unless you piss him off in the future or he sees that your relationship is really damaged because of other reasons, like trying to get the harem ending).

-You can NTR the other characters, the same as you can be NTR'ed, however it will heavily damage the relationship with the other characters.

-Getting the girl pregnant is the point at which the girl won't be able to get NTR (be it by you or others).

Why do I recommend this system? because it gives the possibility of a few hard locks that will let people play your game without fear:

-Toggle max relationship with male NPC's: If activated all rivals will have max relationship with you and it will never decay, if you get a girl they won't interfere anymore unless the girl breaks up with you.

-Toggle NTR: If NTR is disabled the male characters won't try to seduce the girls and all events between the girls and them will have 0 chance of happening.

As you can see in this system those that truly fear NTR could just toggle it off and those that don't want the girls to cheat on them could just toggle max relationship with male NPC's. It would let you add an interesting gameplay related to the girls while protecting those that hate NTR so much that they don't want to see a male character near a female one.

About routes themselves should be related just to the story and choices, I don't believe it makes sense to lock romances based on events and if you did see all events of the chapter, but that's just my opinnion over it.

Reactions: Fruble and SonaGate