Unreal Engine Goblin Jaeger - Proof of Concept - Feedback Wanted

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Hi everybody, we are currently working on fixing some bugs in the game, also, we have been cleaning some files that we don't need (we already decreased the total file size from 25 GBs to 16 Gbs and we are still decreasing it more without removing the content that will stay on the demo).

We recorded a short video showing the main 2 bugs that we are having issues with, but unfortunately, the platform doesn't let us publish the whole video :( so we uploaded the video to , you can view it by clicking on this link :D

1685658351988.png

As soon as we fix these bugs, and finish optimizing the game, we will be posting more updates!

Again, thanks for all the comments and for the feedback that you have been providing us

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Hey everyone, we're back with another exciting update on our progress with the team!

1. We've made some incredible strides in optimizing the game's file size. We managed to shrink it down from a whopping 61 GBs to a mere 9 GBs! And guess what? We're not stopping there. We're still working hard to find more ways to reduce the size even further. Stay tuned for more updates on this front!
  2. Prepare to be dazzled! We've added breathtaking new effects to the LightSword (now in mesmerizing purple) and the Great Sword (radiating a captivating yellow glow). Our dedicated team meticulously crafted these effects frame by frame, ensuring smoothness and visual brilliance. To give you a taste of the magic, we've attached some videos showcasing these stunning effects. We can't wait for you to see them!
  3. We're all about performance improvements, and we've taken action to deliver an even smoother gaming experience. By removing some of the resource-intensive 8K textures, we successfully eliminated FPS drops. The result? A blazing-fast 120 FPS on Nvidia computers. Your battles will now be as fluid as ever!
That's all for this week's update, folks! We're drawing closer to our goal of releasing the proof of concept (testable release), and we're beyond thrilled to share it with you. As we continue our journey, we promise to keep you informed every step of the way. Your support means the world to us, and we can't wait to hear what you think when you finally get your hands on the demo. Stay tuned for more exciting news!

Last edited:

Artemissu

Sep 17, 2021
Consider myself interested! Lewd Souls is a very interesting concept that (at least i think) hasn't been done so far. Best of luck to you and your team ;)

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Wow, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for showing such enthusiasm for Goblin Jaeger! We're absolutely thrilled that you find the concept of our game unique and intriguing. At our core, we're a team of passionate creators who love pushing boundaries and venturing into uncharted territory in the gaming industry. Your incredible support and encouraging words fuel our determination to create an extraordinary experience that will leave a lasting impression.

With incredible individuals like yourself standing by our side, we feel unstoppable. Your belief in our vision gives us the confidence to forge ahead and make Goblin Jaeger an unforgettable journey for players like you. Make sure to keep an eye out for exciting updates, as we can't wait to share more of our progress with all of you. Once again, we extend our deepest gratitude for your kind words and unwavering support. Together, we'll make magic happen!

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Hey everyone! Get ready for some exciting updates on our proof of concept this month. We've been working tirelessly to enhance your gaming experience and give you a taste of what's to come in future releases. So grab a cup of coffee and a slice of cheesecake (yum!), and let's dive into the amazing changes we've made.

1. We've optimized the game for low-to-medium budget PCs, significantly boosting the FPS. Our tests on both AMD and Nvidia GPUs have shown impressive results, with an average FPS range of 70-100 (Nvidia 1660 with Ryzen 5 3600 CPU).

1688569945182.png

2. The map has undergone extensive improvements to create a more immersive environment without overwhelming your computer during loading or gameplay.

1688569974744.png

3. Prepare to be amazed by the enhanced level of detail in our trees. The new LOD system delivers a realistic effect as you explore the map.

1688569963059.png

4. We've introduced statues as checkpoints across the map, allowing you to travel between them once discovered. It's still a work in progress, but we can't wait to see it in action!

1688569998776.png

5. Experience progression like never before with our brand-new XP system. Defeating enemies will reward you with 1 XP point (boss drops are being fine-tuned), enabling you to level up your health, stamina, and unlock exciting abilities.

1688570014475.png

6. Goblins are getting an arsenal upgrade! From bows to lances and shields, they'll be more formidable adversaries than ever before (still a work in progress).
  7. Our targeting system has received a significant overhaul, improving precision and responsiveness.

1688570031749.png

8. We've added visually stunning textures to the XP drops and targeting system, enhancing the overall visual appeal.
  9. Watch out for roaming goblins! They now patrol the map, adding an element of surprise and challenge to your adventure.

10. Introducing a much-needed pause menu! Accessible during gameplay, it not only allows you to take a breather but also provides quick access to check controls and key information.

1688570086126.png

1688570094054.png

11. Our interfaces have undergone major improvements, ensuring a seamless and intuitive user experience.
We know the list is long, but trust us, it's all worth it! Despite our limited time and a small team of just four dedicated individuals juggling day jobs, we are committed to delivering an incredible gaming experience for all of you. Your support means the world to us, and we can't wait to share more updates with you soon. Stay tuned!

Remember, this game is for you, and we're pouring our hearts into it. Thanks for being part of this amazing journey!

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Exciting news! Our amazing proof of concept is almost ready. Get a sneak peek with exclusive gameplay footage. Customize your experience with our streamer mode. Prepare for an action-packed adventure against evil goblins. Share your feedback as we get closer to the release. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

razzled

May 27, 2018
Will the lewd scenes be exclusive to knockdowns and defeats or will the player be able to initiate some with npcs or slain enemies?

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Will the lewd scenes be exclusive to knockdowns and defeats or will the player be able to initiate some with npcs or slain enemies?

Hey Razzled, thanks for the question, in our current concept, we plan to include at least 1 knockdown and 1 game-over scene. However, we're open to ideas and exploring new possibilities. One idea we're currently considering is implementing a relationship/status mode with NPCs in future updates. This means that as you build your relationship with certain characters, you'll unlock specific scenes and content. As soon as we release more updates, we will post them here.

We would like to include ideas from the community in the game, so if you have any other ideas, please don't hesitate to post them on the thread :D

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Dear adventurers,

We are thrilled to announce our proof of concept! Your valuable feedback is crucial to us, so we kindly request your assistance in testing the game. We would like to know about any bugs you encounter, the performance on your devices, and the specifications you are using to run the game.

As a small team of four individuals, we are aware that there might be some bugs present. We have more mechanics and features that we would like to include but unfortunately, they are not able on the proof of concept at this moment. Our main goal is to compile a comprehensive list of these issues, performance evaluations, and your overall feedback to work on necessary fixes and improvements for this version.

It's important to note that this is a proof of concept, not a demo. We acknowledge that there is room for improvement, and any issues you discover will significantly aid us in making the game even better.

Below, you'll find the link to download the game. You can choose to download it from either Mega or Google Drive. The total size of the proof of concept is 2.26 GB, so the download should be swift.

Your honest opinions and feedback are highly appreciated, and we are committed to delivering a good gaming experience.

Download Link:

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Milkshake Project Team

Last edited:

TheExordick

Sep 25, 2021
So, i tried your game for a few minutes, and here's my experience:

- starting the game the input keys are not clear, i thought the movemnt was "WASD" but found they are the arrow keys. Not really a problem but it was not stated anywhere.
- the "Q" to interact in the first light ball seems like an "O" so check if it's a typo or the font that doesn't work
- the "lock enemy" mechanics works well
- but if it wasn't fot the health bars there would be no way to see the enemies. The screen is too dark and it is all the same colour and value. there is no contrast, it is impossible to see anything interesting
- the pick up radius is way too small. I found myself going over and over the same light balls that i assumed were a sort of pick ups and tuning my position to pick up them was annoying.
- pick ups were not clear in their purpose, red was health (that was clear), but blue? what was it for? souls like dark souls, but there's no UI to help.
- Interactive chests, you open the chest and they vanish... did i get some loot? some money? are they empty at this stage? it's not clear
- motion blur while running, it's WAY TOO MUCH, also running is very fast, combine it with low visibility and motion blur you basically skip through anything.
- ESC is not the pause menu, so i don't know what key is the pause menu...

On to the performance:
rig:
laptop, i7 12700h, 32Gb RAM, RTX 3070ti mobile 8Gb VRAM, 1440p monitor
FPS: 24 on average

This means that more than half people will have a worse experience than me regarding frame rate.
It is very very heavy to run, to be a side scroller game.

I will try more in the next days to gain some experience with the commands

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
So, i tried your game for a few minutes, and here's my experience:

- starting the game the input keys are not clear, i thought the movemnt was "WASD" but found they are the arrow keys. Not really a problem but it was not stated anywhere.
- the "Q" to interact in the first light ball seems like an "O" so check if it's a typo or the font that doesn't work
- the "lock enemy" mechanics works well
- but if it wasn't fot the health bars there would be no way to see the enemies. The screen is too dark and it is all the same colour and value. there is no contrast, it is impossible to see anything interesting
- the pick up radius is way too small. I found myself going over and over the same light balls that i assumed were a sort of pick ups and tuning my position to pick up them was annoying.
- pick ups were not clear in their purpose, red was health (that was clear), but blue? what was it for? souls like dark souls, but there's no UI to help.
- Interactive chests, you open the chest and they vanish... did i get some loot? some money? are they empty at this stage? it's not clear
- motion blur while running, it's WAY TOO MUCH, also running is very fast, combine it with low visibility and motion blur you basically skip through anything.
- ESC is not the pause menu, so i don't know what key is the pause menu...

On to the performance:
rig:
laptop, i7 12700h, 32Gb RAM, RTX 3070ti mobile 8Gb VRAM, 1440p monitor
FPS: 24 on average

This means that more than half people will have a worse experience than me regarding frame rate.
It is very very heavy to run, to be a side scroller game.

I will try more in the next days to gain some experience with the commands
Hello Exordick, thank you for providing this valuable feedback. We've taken note of it and added it to our product map board, ensuring we prioritize and address it as soon as possible. Below, you'll find a screenshot of the current feature requests we're actively considering. Additionally, we'll investigate the performance issue you mentioned, as it seems peculiar that your PC is running with low FPS while playing it. Please if you find more opportunities to improve, please let me know.

1691234617015.png

We HIGHLY appreciate the time that you took to report this, and please any other information that you would like to share, would be extremely helpful.

Reactions: TheExordick