Unreal Engine Goblin Jaeger - Proof of Concept - Feedback Wanted

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Goblin Jäger

About the game...
The idea of the game is to create a 2.5D side-scroller Metroidvania based on a world similar to Goblin Slayer and Berserk. For the combat, we would like to use Souls-like combat, we want to keep the mechanic of changing weapons to the point where your weapon will break and you will need to swap to another weapon.

1682654852780.png

When you die instead of collecting your souls you will have to rescue your previous character, so we would like you to have a roster of several characters, in the future, we plan to implement a character creation system for you to customize these different characters at your preference.

1682654555851.png 1682654581030.png

In terms of world development, we want you to have the possibility to raid different burrows, and in these burrows, we would like to introduce multiple themes (Forest, Caves, Underground, etc.) and different factions (Bandits, Goblins, Trolls, Spiders, Demons, etc. WIP).

We would like to involve the community in the development of this game because this game is designed for YOU, so we would like to know what you like, and what you wanna see in the game.

About the development...

1682654783597.png

UI: Basic design (we are looking to improve it in the future).
Demo Level: Only optimization is pending, the level is already complete.
Combat: Basic combat program, dodge, combos, normal attack, heavy attack, and charge attack.
Test sexual animations: At the moment, we only have 1 animation, but we are working on multiple animations.

We started wanting to develop a sex simulator, similar to "Honey Select" but, we realized that the community is not looking only for lewd, you are looking for a game with lewd, so we shifted our vision and started developing a game that you could enjoy and seasoning with lewd.

1682654952710.png 1682654968679.png

Currently, we were working without connection to the public or any donations, we have our main jobs and this has been a side project, as we are getting closer to releasing a demo we think that it will be a great moment to get community feedback, so we are planning to start posting on this thread as a Dev-log, so you can communicate and share your feedback. Also, if you want to support us on we will highly appreciate it because that would be an extra motivation for us and give more time to the game development.

Planned tags for the first release...
3D Game, Animated, Character Creation, Female Protagonist, Anal Sex, Ahegao, BDSM, Big Ass, Big Tits, Exhibitionism, Female domination, Footjob, Groping, Handjob, Humiliation, Interracial, Masturbation, Milf, Multiple Penetration, Oral Sex, Rape, Sex Toys, Sexual Harassment, Slave, Sleep Sex, Spanking, Stripping, Swinging, Titfuck, Vaginal sex, Voyeurism, Adventure, Combat, Cosplay, Fantasy, Monster, Platformer, Side-scroller, Metroidvania, 2.5D Game.

1682654607065.png 1682654615553.png

Planned tags to add on the final version...
Multiple Endings, Multiple Protagonist, Voiced, Furry, Futa/Trans, Gay, Lactation, Male Domination, Bestiality, Creampie, Corruption, Bukkake, Blackmail, Furry, Futa/Trans, Gay, Group sex, Harem, Incest, Lactation, Lesbian, Necrophilia, Pregnancy, Prostitution, Tentacles, Transformation, Trap, Urination, Vore, Graphic violence, Mind control, Monster Girl, Possession, PoV, Rpg.

1682654703038.png 1682654867401.png

Planned characters/classes...
We are planning to do classes in our game, some of the classes that we have in mind are the following:
Warrior
Archer
Mage
Priest
Paladin
Fighter
Lancer

On the first release we will have the following weapons:
Sword
Shield
Big Sword

1682654663181.png

Current Suggestions/Feedback/Wishes
We would appreciate any feedback or suggestions that you have regarding the game, if you want to see something within the game, don't hesitate to comment and suggest it, if you have any wishes, if you want to see more about something, if you like how is it going, any comments would be welcome.

If you would like to support us check our :cool:

1683314774510.png

Last edited:

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Wow! Some really great designs here and I appreciate the level of detail you’ve put into this post.
Ultimately, it’s really hard to give feedback without something playable. That’s not a judgement, but most people that come to this site want something to play.

So far, if the game is anything like the description and all that you have shared above - you’re on to something really solid. Personally, it would not be something I play as I don’t care much for the setting. The characters are nowhere near “thicc” enough and I don’t want to play something with combat.

However, that’s just my opinion and ultimately you need to stay true to your vision and get a demo out for people to play.

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Wow! Some really great designs here and I appreciate the level of detail you’ve put into this post.
Ultimately, it’s really hard to give feedback without something playable. That’s not a judgement, but most people that come to this site want something to play.

So far, if the game is anything like the description and all that you have shared above - you’re on to something really solid. Personally, it would not be something I play as I don’t care much for the setting. The characters are nowhere near “thicc” enough and I don’t want to play something with combat.

However, that’s just my opinion and ultimately you need to stay true to your vision and get a demo out for people to play.
Hey friend, thanks for that feedback we really appreciate it! We are looking to get the demo released soon, we wanna make sure that everything is working properly (without bugs) so the users can have the full experience :D

Btw, you mentioned that you want something more thicc, soooo we worked on something that maybe you will like ;)

1682688259635.png 1682688270329.png

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Reactions: Milkshakeproject

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
Are you gonna add male protagonist or any character customization (body, "assets", etc) to the game eventually?

TheExordick

Sep 25, 2021
Very nice project indeed!
i see a lot of meat on the grill with concept like metroidvania and souls-like. I'm definitely looking forward to the demo since, as someone before me mentioned, it's difficult to give feedback without trying first hand the product.

As fellow (noob) developer, i strongly suggest you to thoroughly play test your demo internally and make sure there are no major bugs and a decent amount of optimization. Not everyone out there is developing on an RTX4090 and the experience is strongly correlated to the framerate. So make sure you have some good scalability in place.

Best of luck. Looking forward to try this one.
Keep us posted OP.

• Red Heart

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Are you gonna add male protagonist or any character customization (body, "assets", etc) to the game eventually?
Absolutely, we have in mind to have a full character customization system, so you can create your character as you desire, and also, we are planning to add a gender selection before the game, we can't promise that this will be on our demo, but absolutely we are planning to add it on the final version :D

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Very nice project indeed!
i see a lot of meat on the grill with concept like metroidvania and souls-like. I'm definitely looking forward to the demo since, as someone before me mentioned, it's difficult to give feedback without trying first hand the product.

As fellow (noob) developer, i strongly suggest you to thoroughly play test your demo internally and make sure there are no major bugs and a decent amount of optimization. Not everyone out there is developing on an RTX4090 and the experience is strongly correlated to the framerate. So make sure you have some good scalability in place.

Best of luck. Looking forward to try this one.
Keep us posted OP.

Thanks for that feedback and don't worry as soon as we have the demo released we will update the post, also, we will be creating a new post under "Games".

Because we are doing it on Unreal Engine 5.1 we know that there could be the possibility that it will be requesting high GPU power, but we are trying to optimize it so GPUs between the 1050s or 1600s series can run it without any issues :D

Reactions: TheExordick

Ergast

May 31, 2017
The idea sounds solid and fun to play it. I can't say anything more beyond that without anything to try. Except maybe that, if you guys manage to get half of what the post says and make it work, I'd really like to play it. If you get to do everything and, again, make it work, it can be one very nice jewel among h games.

• Red Heart

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
The idea sounds solid and fun to play it. I can't say anything more beyond that without anything to try. Except maybe that, if you guys manage to get half of what the post says and make it work, I'd really like to play it. If you get to do everything and, again, make it work, it can be one very nice jewel among h games.
We promise to do our best and give you quality content :cool:

Reactions: Jimthesim

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Hi everybody, here's the update for this week, we have been working on fixing some minor details on the map and we are still optimizing it (Yup using Unreal Engine 5 asks for a lot of sources so we are changing some textures so mid-budget computer computers can run it without any issues), here's a sneak pick of the map for the 1st level/Demo level:

Platform area:

1683167843400.png

1683167865823.png

Goblin Camp:

1683167890308.png

1683167902059.png

Forest:

1683167922385.png

1683167936829.png

Village:

1683167953023.png

1683167959848.png

Dark Forest:

1683167979422.png

(Please disregard the green line that you see across the photos, this is a path that we are doing that is only viewable in Editor mode)

We would like to hear your feedback and suggestions :D

Reactions: Jimthesim

Elsiss Surana

Jan 15, 2019
You mention mind control as a future content addition. How are you planning to implement that? Will it just be a bad end kind of a thing, will you integrate it into the main story, or is it a potential piece of side content that the player could stumble into that has longer term consequences?

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
You mention mind control as a future content addition. How are you planning to implement that? Will it just be a bad end kind of a thing, will you integrate it into the main story, or is it a potential piece of side content that the player could stumble into that has longer term consequences?

Excellent question Elsiss, we are planning to have a system of updates where we will be adding different levels, enemies/mobs, characters, etc.

In the demo that we will be releasing we will only add the demo level which is what you see in the pictures that we posted above, the idea would be to release theme updates based on community desires, because we want to provide to the community their favorite fetishes, i.e:

Forest = Goblins
Caves = Spiders
Swamp = Necromancers
Desert = Mind Controllers
And so on...

So an example of the further updates that we would be releasing would be like this:

Update 0.11.0 - The Mind Cataclysm (and here we will be adding the mind controllers theme level)

We want to add not only mobs and the level but also want to add a character that could be a necromancer or a character that is specialized in mind control, so not only the enemies will have this ability, but you also can have it.

Ingame when an enemy stuns you this will trigger lewd animations, also, when they capture you, you will get an end-game cinematic, which you will be able to review the animation in a gallery once you unlock it, with this being said we can add a mind control animation to the shaman goblins once incorporated.

We hope this answers your question :D, if you have any other questions, or additional feedback, please answer this thread and we will happy to give you more details or give you more information.

Elsiss Surana

Jan 15, 2019
Excellent question Elsiss, we are planning to have a system of updates where we will be adding different levels, enemies/mobs, characters, etc.

In the demo that we will be releasing we will only add the demo level which is what you see in the pictures that we posted above, the idea would be to release theme updates based on community desires, because we want to provide to the community their favorite fetishes, i.e:

Forest = Goblins
Caves = Spiders
Swamp = Necromancers
Desert = Mind Controllers
And so on...

So an example of the further updates that we would be releasing would be like this:

Update 0.11.0 - The Mind Cataclysm (and here we will be adding the mind controllers theme level)

We want to add not only mobs and the level but also want to add a character that could be a necromancer or a character that is specialized in mind control, so not only the enemies will have this ability, but you also can have it.

Ingame when an enemy stuns you this will trigger lewd animations, also, when they capture you, you will get an end-game cinematic, which you will be able to review the animation in a gallery once you unlock it, with this being said we can add a mind control animation to the shaman goblins once incorporated.

We hope this answers your question :D, if you have any other questions, or additional feedback, please answer this thread and we will happy to give you more details or give you more information.
That does answer my question, thank you.

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
We have an update for this week, and currently, we are adding a few features that will help to improve the combat in-game and will make it smoother, we are adding a Targeting system to the main character, this will make your attacks track your enemy and avoid the frustration of failing attacks.

1683851830562.png

1683851942317.png

Please if you have any feedback, feel free to share it (the level that you see on screen is just a test level where we check new mechanics so don't worry).

Also, we are still working on the optimization of the level (yup, this process takes quite a time).

Elsiss Surana

Jan 15, 2019
The best suggestion that I can come up with is to include mind control on the desert level as part of the overall plot for the level rather than just use it as a bad end for falling in combat. Either as a side quest, or as part of the main quest, have an enemy get the PC into a hypnotic trance and use that to their own advantage.

If you put it in as part of a side quest, they can use the PC to make themselves richer or more powerful by taking out rivals in the region, either related to the main quest or not something like a rival gang, or have the PC steal from the enemies and give the loot to them while they are going through the main quest line.

Another option, since you are planning to have a capture mechanic, is that if the PC you are controlling gets defeated the new one you roll up has to save them. As part of going to save them you find out your original character has been brainwashed and needs to be deprogrammed. They could even try to fool you by pretending to have escaped ect...

Basically, yes I know hypnosis and mind control can be used for spank fuel but it can also be used for great and interesting story telling as well. The PC's that fall under the enemy's control do have considerable skill and application beyond just being a mindless sex doll.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
The best suggestion that I can come up with is to include mind control on the desert level as part of the overall plot for the level rather than just use it as a bad end for falling in combat. Either as a side quest, or as part of the main quest, have an enemy get the PC into a hypnotic trance and use that to their own advantage.

If you put it in as part of a side quest, they can use the PC to make themselves richer or more powerful by taking out rivals in the region, either related to the main quest or not something like a rival gang, or have the PC steal from the enemies and give the loot to them while they are going through the main quest line.

Another option, since you are planning to have a capture mechanic, is that if the PC you are controlling gets defeated the new one you roll up has to save them. As part of going to save them you find out your original character has been brainwashed and needs to be deprogrammed. They could even try to fool you by pretending to have escaped ect...

Basically, yes I know hypnosis and mind control can be used for spank fuel but it can also be used for great and interesting story telling as well. The PC's that fall under the enemy's control do have considerable skill and application beyond just being a mindless sex doll.

Hey Elsiss, thanks for the feedback, and first let me tell you that you have an excellent idea about how mind control can be added to our game, definitely is an idea that we would like to add to the game in the future, and we have the plan of adding a very more detailed history for the game in further updates.

At the moment, because we are a small team of 4, working on our free hours after our job, we have been focusing more on technical development like combat, programming, and core development, as well as character designs.

We like a lot your idea, and we have been thinking about applying it to a stages system, where Stage 1, and 2 things can happen:

- Normal progression to Stage 2
- You get mind controlled and this unlocks Stage 2B

Stage 2B would be a terrain for an opposing faction from the one in Stage 1.

When you are mind controlled, you will be like a version of Majin Vegeta where you are mind controlled by getting access to a borrowed power-up, and thanks to this power-up you will be able to fight this faction.

Once you fight on this additional level (which will not be easy) and if you are able to defeat them. Once you finish the mission that you received while you were mind controlled, for some reason (still looking on this) the mind control will break out, and now the enemies in this faction will have the technology of the enemies on Stage 2B which means that they would be stronger (this is just gameplay mechanics, on the story we like your idea, and it would require a more detailed work, so it can be smooth).

Now because you "buffed" your enemies while being mind controlled, these enemies are stronger, and you will need to fight them in order to fix the disaster that you have just created.

But definitely, we would like to include a good story so trust me that all in the team loved the idea of mind control, how you explained it, and the way how it can be introduced in-game.

It sounds like a great plot-twist device that we didn't consider, so thank you for bringing it up.

(Personal Opinion: I loved how you focused more on the history).

Reactions: Elsiss Surana

Milkshakeproject

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2022
Hi everybody, another update that we would like to show you is a room that we will be including in-game that would be called the "Throne Room" this room will have all the donor names under one same place (putting the highest donor in the throne).

1684597031003.png

1684597042280.png

1684597052216.png

This is one of the rooms that are ready to be added in the game, what do you think? :D