VN Others Abandoned Glen Valley [v0.1 Intro] [Pink Marmalade]

Pink Marmalade

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2018
ya'll do realize you can easily d/l directx from microsoft for free and be sure it has nothing else added to it?
Yes thanks. I did mention it in a previous post. Told them they can either download the dll or install DirectX.

John Dunne

Aug 22, 2017
i'm completely confused as to what i do after talking to mom, it says something about checking out her room but i can't find anything
any help?

Pink Marmalade

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2018
i'm completely confused as to what i do after talking to mom, it says something about checking out her room but i can't find anything
any help?
Hey man, here's a hint
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you still can't find it I will tell you where it is. It is the end of this version though.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Hey man, here's a hint

If you still can't find it I will tell you where it is. It is the end of this version though.
That frame could be a little more obvious IMO - and so could all clickable regions in general. Also, the font was ugly (under Wine, so maybe missing font?), with artifacts in a bunch of letters (f, r, K, Y).

Game seems interesting, but there's very little material to go on. The art style is okay for now, and the text is in good English. The story makes heavy use of tropes, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Pink Marmalade

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2018
That frame could be a little more obvious IMO - and so could all clickable regions in general. Also, the font was ugly (under Wine, so maybe missing font?), with artifacts in a bunch of letters (f, r, K, Y).

Game seems interesting, but there's very little material to go on. The art style is okay for now, and the text is in good English. The story makes heavy use of tropes, but there's nothing wrong with that.
Hey man, thanks for the feedback .There might be something wrong with the font of the game showing properly on your PC. I looked through everything and I don't see anything wrong with the font. Does it look the same as the font in the screenshots?

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Hey man, thanks for the feedback .There might be something wrong with the font of the game showing properly on your PC. I looked through everything and I don't see anything wrong with the font. Does it look the same as the font in the screenshots?
It does not:

I should also mention that I was unable to click on the frame this time until the 4th attempt - there may be some hidden requirement, or the click area is simply smaller than expected. I had to click on everything and everyone else (except the map) first.

Pink Marmalade

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2018
It does not:

I should also mention that I was unable to click on the frame this time until the 4th attempt - there may be some hidden requirement, or the click area is simply smaller than expected. I had to click on everything and everyone else (except the map) first.
That is really strange... that your font looks different. Also which I forgot to mention in my previous reply is that I don't want to make things like clicking on the frame too obvious, due to the fact that the game provides quest stage updates and tells you where to go. I want to make it a little more difficult than just getting into the room and seeing exactly where it is.

Strange that you had to click 4 times. The frame only works tho after you spoke to the mother and got sent back to your room. Before that you can't open the frame.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
That is really strange... that your font looks different. Also which I forgot to mention in my previous reply is that I don't want to make things like clicking on the frame too obvious, due to the fact that the game provides quest stage updates and tells you where to go. I want to make it a little more difficult than just getting into the room and seeing exactly where it is.

Strange that you had to click 4 times. The frame only works tho after you spoke to the mother and got sent back to your room. Before that you can't open the frame.
Some amount of font weirdness is to be expected with Wine (and crossplatform things in general), but it is a little unusual to get artifacts like that. Perhaps it's a hinting issue, or if it's not a hinted font, a pixel offset in a bitmap.

It's not that I had to click 4 times - after speaking with the mother once, no amount of clicks worked. So I went to every room and talked to everyone, and then it worked.