• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Glassix 2 [v0.11.0] [Gaweb Studio]

gx6060

Aug 26, 2017
For the family genealogy, siblings are calculated automatically by the game and update cards adequately. Just take one sibling, select its father and mother then save. Open sibling 2, select the same father and mother and save. Open sibling 1 and you should see sibling 1 and 2 are now detected as siblings. Same for grand parents. Only father and mother are selectable, rest is deducted since filling it would be redundant. Though it's not the conventional way to handle that and might confuse players. I'll have to think about it.
Maybe make it like drag n drop tree, searchbar in right side shows character who can appear in that slot of genealogy tree, shows cards not text only

Or click and choose from available character who fits in parameters (age/sex/etc.)

well it just my thoughts , maybe it helps you make some decisions.

Last edited:

Banschi

Dec 9, 2018
You mean how I handle the slide show/hide? If so, I'm thinking about it too. I thought being able to toggle sub categories on/off would make it easier to access but because there are so many sliders, maybe handling only one sub category at a time would be more adequate.

Thanks for the log file!

From it, I can see your Windows uses comma separator for decimal but you also have another error regarding the Quests global object which can also be the cause.

Could you download the attached zip file, put it inside the Glassix 2_Data\Managed folder, unzip it and overwrite the existing one, then try again to load the city. If it still fails, could you send me the log file again to see if it fixed the decimal separator error at least?

For the family genealogy, siblings are calculated automatically by the game and update cards adequately. Just take one sibling, select its father and mother then save. Open sibling 2, select the same father and mother and save. Open sibling 1 and you should see sibling 1 and 2 are now detected as siblings. Same for grand parents. Only father and mother are selectable, rest is deducted since filling it would be redundant. Though it's not the conventional way to handle that and might confuse players. I'll have to think about it.
Yo , got the same problem as the guy .
So i took the liberty of downloading the Assambly file u provided and:
It partialy works .
The map loads (not just the flat white cube?, but after that , it again starts spitting the Unnable error .And have to exit with Alt F4.

So it is a partial salution , and seems the problem runs deeper :/

Aug 19, 2020
It partialy works .
The map loads (not just the flat white cube?, but after that , it again starts spitting the Unnable error .And have to exit with Alt F4.

Here.

I dunno why it happens, but when it does, I ckick on it, and it starts gray fading. Click it again, and then it says Glassix 2 is not responding.

I dunno if it has something to do with how quickly the character models load up, or something else.

Sere

May 15, 2017
OK, that's some interesting feedbacks here, so let me try to answer your queries.

Glassix 2 is only in version 0.4.1, that's like an alpha build not at all polished and fleshed out. So no, it's not the end at all, it's barely the beginning. Glassix 2 being full 3D and not renders, pregnancy will be fully playable yes.

Obviously since this is only v0.4. The lighting is actually fucked up indoors but I still couldn't figure out the proper values to fix that. Unfortunately, there's a lot going on behind the hood so I couldn't spare that much time to fix that yet. But will definitely improve it.

Currently, you can't toggle clothes in editor. Will add this feature in future version of course.

Models are Daz3D genesis 3 which might be a bit outdated but are still super high poly. The problem doesn't come from the models but from the lighting which I couldn't make work correctly yet since Unity HDRP simulates real life lighting and there are dozens of parameters to understand and use which I couldn't figure out yet since I'm already swamped with the game code. But it'll come around hopefully.

Currently can't make it bigger but will definitely make it bigger thanks to your feedback. And for the birthdays, yep, rip 29+ :D But that's similar to february 29, just adjust the days then ;)

Bigger text it will be. Unity allows export to OSX but didn't try it yet. Will do in next version to test it out then.

Body and biography are two different interfaces so it doesn't save when you change it. You just need to save and load the respective cards when you switch interface.

Siblings are calculated automatically by the game when cards have the same parent. I forgot how I handled half siblings though. Maybe they'll appear too.

Which idea do you think I'm clinging on? What delusion do I have?

You are highly confused here. Glassix 2 is real 3D, not 3DCG renders. Preview sucks a bit though because I couldn't fix the lighting yet which gives a bad result but it is a complex thing to implement properly so it'll take more version to get it right. But if you expect 3DCG renders quality in a 3D game, you can skip this game, it's simply not possible, in any game at all.

I'm the developer of Glassix 2 and this is the public version of the latest available version. I'm fully aware it is unpolished, I released it because I still wanted feedback. So far I got: "Ugly" and "Text to tiny" which will be fixed asap, though the lighting part can be super tricky to balance properly. But I'll get there. This is only v0.4. Glassix is 0.78, which is a few years of work. Glassix 2 is like a baby version at the moment... Obviously it's unpolished.

Yes, it'll take several versions to get proper content and features to the game. But I still wanted to feedback as well as promote the game a bit. People comparing this to Lab Rats 2 are a bit mislead since Glassix 2 is full 3D while Lab Rats are 3DCG renders which is completely different. Morever, Glassix 2 will go full simulation path with the ability to live you life as you see fit, work as an employee or own business and hire employees, become the mayor and control the city policies and much more. Current version is like an early alpha of the game and just there to advertise a bit and get some feedback on what's already done.
Thanks for clearing things up.

And yeah, considering it's in Alpha, it's too early to judge the game yet, especially since you never disappointed us before. My apologies.

Can't wait for Glassix 2 to thrive!

Btw, will Glassix 2 support modding down the line? If not, no sweat. Better keep the project clean then overcomplicate it, making it a nightmare to code.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Maybe make it like drag n drop tree, searchbar in right side shows character who can appear in that slot of genealogy tree, shows cards not text only

Or click and choose from available character who fits in parameters (age/sex/etc.)

well it just my thoughts , maybe it helps you make some decisions.
A tree would be possible but complicated with lots of verifications to do for each cards. But maybe players would be more familiar with such a display. I'll keep this idea on my todo list but will have to focus on more urgent matter at the moment ;)

It partialy works .

I'd need to see your player.log file, without it, I don't know what's causing the problem.
"C:/Users/<user>/AppData/LocalLow/Gaweb Studio/Glassix 2/Player.log"

Here.

I dunno why it happens, but when it does, I ckick on it, and it starts gray fading. Click it again, and then it says Glassix 2 is not responding.

I dunno if it has something to do with how quickly the character models load up, or something else.
Need the player.log to see errors.

just that white cube nothing more ... win 10

Thanks for clearing things up.

And yeah, considering it's in Alpha, it's too early to judge the game yet, especially since you never disappointed us before. My apologies.

Can't wait for Glassix 2 to thrive!

Btw, will Glassix 2 support modding down the line? If not, no sweat. Better keep the project clean then overcomplicate it, making it a nightmare to code.
I've coded Glassix 2 to be fully customizable (only characters models and clothes can't be modified since they come from Daz with specific morphs) but here is the list of game entities you'll be able to mod:
- Actions (The buttons you can see in the slot bar in the city interface)
- Attributes: Shouldn't be really needed but it's possible to add new attributes for specific skills or spells
- Skills: Add new skills to the game. The game will contains lots of hooks which will allow you to plug you new skill to specific hook. For example, you don't like how slow ou gain skill points? Create new spell, plug it to the skill_point_gain hook and make this skill give you 500 flat XP point each time the hook is called. There will be a hooks list to let modders know what they can interact with in the game.
- Spells: Add new spells to the game. Same as skills, you'll be able to add new spells to interact with the game and its hooks. Though there will obviously a limit as to how much you can interact/affect. But with modders suggestions, I'll be able to add more hooks throughout my code so more and more stuff can be modded.
- Businesses & Jobs: Create your own business and their job careers path with their salary, schedule, skills requirement and other promotions path.
- Schedules: Each job has its own schedule and you can add your owns. Select when citizen need to work, sleep, are at home or will be outside playing around.
- Characters: Add new skin textures (though it might be complicated) or just simply add new detail layers, such as moles, scares, tattoos and so on which can be added on top of the skin, up to five layers. Also handles make up textures.
- Character templates: Glassix 2 generic characters are not completely random but uses a template which gives core information about the character shapes and textures to add then add some variations between a min and max to some body parts. This is to avoid fully random atrocities and keep a logic of ethnicities. Currently, the game use Caucasian A, African A and Asian A and adding more templates will reduce NPCs twins chances.
- Clothes: Create new textures based on the existing ones for each clothes. Clothes handles transparency and up to 5 layers of textures so it means from one model, you can actually create a large collection of unique designs. For example, you could make the sleeves of a shirt transparent to make it sleeveless. Or even cut the bottom part to make it an underboob shirt. Or make holes in the texture to get a ripped version. Or add a layer of dirt texture to make dirty. Or add a layer of shiny stripes to make your cloth emissive and lit like a neon in the dark. Each layer handles its own texture, normal map and emissive map and stack with additional layer.
- Outfits: Once you have your clothes done, you might want to make specific clothes combinations to keep it fashionable, that's where outfits comes in. In game outfit are not completely random but takes an outfit core then add variation based on the creator decisions (for example, have specific clothes colors for the top, skirt and boots)
- Infrastructures: Add new buildings or infrastructures models (low poly, for the city interface) in the game with their textures. Here again, 5 layers of textures are stackable. Specify the width and length so the game knows how big they should be in game (Game uses real meters references).You can also add emissive layers which will light the windows at night or have neon signs on your strip club billboard. It's not limited to building, you could add parks or mountains to the game if you feel like it. And design its inner locations structure. For example, when you add a new house, you need to indicate which rooms will be accessible such as living room, bathrooms, bedrooms and so on. Similar to Glassix when you entered a house and had travel icons. One infrastructure can handle several designs at once. You could have a model be a 10 floors building with each floor having 4 apartments of 100 square meters each, or have a design of the same 10 floors building with each floor having 20 rooms of 20 square meters each. The outer appearance would be different too then when you create the city, simply select which outer design and inner design you want and add as many of this building as you want.
- Locations: Add new rooms and locations in the game, be it indoor or outdoor. 5 layers of textures too, but higher res this time. In the future, you'll also have to place doors/exits to connect rooms. Similar to infrastructures, you'll create several designs for the room with the furniture disposition. So a simple square room could be use as a bathroom or bedroom depending on the walls textures and furniture you placed inside.
- Furniture: Add you own 3D models of furniture to the game too and hook specific actions to them which will allow citizens to interact with them. Add a new chair and add a new sitting actions so citizens can sit on it and select which sitting animations should be used. And of course, if it can be used for sex, add which sex positions are allows, like sitting handjob, sitting anal and so on...
- Maps: Create your own cities (or maps, it could be something different from a city depending on what infrastructure you fill) and fill this map with citizen: Some will be custom cards you created and for other, it'll be filled semi randomly. For example, you want one building to only contains 20-30 years old hot girls for some unknown reason? Sure you can, the game offers specific filling conditions for each building or residence.
- Scenarios: Create your own scenarios with specific goals or following specific characters. You could technically reproduce Glassix 1 into Glassix 2, or any other game you want. How about Summer Time Saga? :D
- Events: Add your own events to the game and have characters interact with other. Shows camera angles, change their animations or trigger specific sex animations too. A complex event editor will be added to the game later on to give you control of lots of different features, Glassix style.
- UI: Don't like the current game UI images? Create your own! Change the icons for skills, spells and more. Currently can't change element position but that's something I'd like to look into later on. Having a christmas, easter or halloween theme would be nice.
- Online sharing: Once you've created all those previous entities, share them with other players directly in the game! You'll be bale to upload files to my server and those files will be downloadable by any other players. There will be a rating and tag systems so that your new content can be rated and tagged to make it easier to find good quality content or content matching your taste. Or if you don't feel safe sharing using my server, simply zip your mod folder and share it on your favorite forums or websites.

That's about it at the moment. Most of what I've described is already possible through XML files located in "Glassix 2_Data/StreamingAssets\Mods\<author>\<mod>" folder, albeit in a limited form at the moment. Later on, I'll add in game editors to add/modify each entities directly in the game without requiring knowledge of XML. This is the biggest reason Glassix 2 took me so much time to code so far with so little to show off at the moment, that's because I've been working on making it fully (almost) moddable. I'm hoping to reach a snowball effect at some point when editors are out so that content will be added faster and faster through player content. And this is also a reason I released it in such a poor state, because I need to make sure my code would work on players setup and there are already many problem which I want to fix first before developing the game further. I'd like the game to be as stable as possible.

• Sad
Reactions: Blue3252 and Sere

Banschi

Dec 9, 2018
A tree would be possible but complicated with lots of verifications to do for each cards. But maybe players would be more familiar with such a display. I'll keep this idea on my todo list but will have to focus on more urgent matter at the moment ;)

I'd need to see your player.log file, without it, I don't know what's causing the problem.

I've coded Glassix 2 to be fully customizable (only characters models and clothes can't be modified since they come from Daz with specific morphs) but here is the list of game entities you'll be able to mod:
- Attributes: Shouldn't be really needed but it's possible to add new attributes for specific skills or spells
- Skills: Add new skills to the game. The game will contains lots of hooks which will allow you to plug you new skill to specific hook. For example, you don't like how slow ou gain skill points? Create new spell, plug it to the skill_point_gain hook and make this skill give you 500 flat XP point each time the hook is called. There will be a hooks list to let modders know what they can interact with in the game.
- Spells: Add new spells to the game. Same as skills, you'll be able to add new spells to interact with the game and its hooks. Though there will obviously a limit as to how much you can interact/affect. But with modders suggestions, I'll be able to add more hooks throughout my code so more and more stuff can be modded.
- Businesses & Jobs: Create your own business and their job careers path with their salary, schedule, skills requirement and other promotions path.
- Schedules: Each job has its own schedule and you can add your owns. Select when citizen need to work, sleep, are at home or will be outside playing around.
- Characters: Add new skin textures (though it might be complicated) or just simply add new detail layers, such as moles, scares, tattoos and so on which can be added on top of the skin, up to five layers. Also handles make up textures.
- Character templates: Glassix 2 generic characters are not completely random but uses a template which gives core information about the character shapes and textures to add then add some variations between a min and max to some body parts. This is to avoid fully random atrocities and keep a logic of ethnicities. Currently, the game use Caucasian A, African A and Asian A and adding more templates will reduce NPCs twins chances.
- Clothes: Create new textures based on the existing ones for each clothes. Clothes handles transparency and up to 5 layers of textures so it means from one model, you can actually create a large collection of unique designs. For example, you could make the sleeves of a shirt transparent to make it sleeveless. Or even cut the bottom part to make it an underboob shirt. Or make holes in the texture to get a ripped version. Or add a layer of dirt texture to make dirty. Or add a layer of shiny stripes to make your cloth emissive and lit like a neon in the dark. Each layer handles its own texture, normal map and emissive map and stack with additional layer.
- Outfits: Once you have your clothes done, you might want to make specific clothes combinations to keep it fashionable, that's where outfits comes in. In game outfit are not completely random but takes an outfit core then add variation based on the creator decisions (for example, have specific clothes colors for the top, skirt and boots)
- Infrastructures: Add new buildings or infrastructures models (low poly, for the city interface) in the game with their textures. Here again, 5 layers of textures are stackable. Specify the width and length so the game knows how big they should be in game (Game uses real meters references).You can also add emissive layers which will light the windows at night or have neon signs on your strip club billboard. It's not limited to building, you could add parks or mountains to the game if you feel like it. And design its inner locations structure. For example, when you add a new house, you need to indicate which rooms will be accessible such as living room, bathrooms, bedrooms and so on. Similar to Glassix when you entered a house and had travel icons. One infrastructure can handle several designs at once. You could have a model be a 10 floors building with each floor having 4 apartments of 100 square meters each, or have a design of the same 10 floors building with each floor having 20 rooms of 20 square meters each. The outer appearance would be different too then when you create the city, simply select which outer design and inner design you want and add as many of this building as you want.
- Locations: Add new rooms and locations in the game, be it indoor or outdoor. 5 layers of textures too, but higher res this time. In the future, you'll also have to place doors/exits to connect rooms. Similar to infrastructures, you'll create several designs for the room with the furniture disposition. So a simple square room could be use as a bathroom or bedroom depending on the walls textures and furniture you placed inside.
- Furniture: Add you own 3D models of furniture to the game too and hook specific actions to them which will allow citizens to interact with them. Add a new chair and add a new sitting actions so citizens can sit on it and select which sitting animations should be used. And of course, if it can be used for sex, add which sex positions are allows, like sitting handjob, sitting anal and so on...
- Maps: Create your own cities (or maps, it could be something different from a city depending on what infrastructure you fill) and fill this map with citizen: Some will be custom cards you created and for other, it'll be filled semi randomly. For example, you want one building to only contains 20-30 years old hot girls for some unknown reason? Sure you can, the game offers specific filling conditions for each building or residence.
- Scenarios: Create your own scenarios with specific goals or following specific characters. You could technically reproduce Glassix 1 into Glassix 2, or any other game you want. How about Summer Time Saga? :D
- Events: Add your own events to the game and have characters interact with other. Shows camera angles, change their animations or trigger specific sex animations too. A complex event editor will be added to the game later on to give you control of lots of different features, Glassix style.
- UI: Don't like the current game UI images? Create your own! Change the icons for skills, spells and more. Currently can't change element position but that's something I'd like to look into later on. Having a christmas, easter or halloween theme would be nice.
- Online sharing: Once you've created all those previous entities, share them with other players directly in the game! You'll be bale to upload files to my server and those files will be downloadable by any other players. There will be a rating and tag systems so that your new content can be rated and tagged to make it easier to find good quality content or content matching your taste. Or if you don't feel safe sharing using my server, simply zip your mod folder and share it on your favorite forums or websites.

That's about it at the moment. Most of what I've described is already possible through XML files located in "Glassix 2_Data/StreamingAssets\Mods\<author>\<mod>" folder, albeit in a limited form at the moment. Later on, I'll add in game editors to add/modify each entities directly in the game without requiring knowledge of XML. This is the biggest reason Glassix 2 took me so much time to code so far with so little to show off at the moment, that's because I've been working on making it fully (almost) moddable. I'm hoping to reach a snowball effect at some point when editors are out so that content will be added faster and faster through player content. And this is also a reason I released it in such a poor state, because I need to make sure my code would work on players setup and there are already many problem which I want to fix first before developing the game further. I'd like the game to be as stable as possible.

Luis276

Apr 26, 2017
Played the game for a while and it is an interesting experience for a beta.
Some feedback I would make would be:

-Try to make it easier to move inside buildings having to go back to the world view to switch rooms is a bit annoying and lack of some keybinds makes the game a bit tedious.
Regarding skill points:
-I feel like the tier 1 of body is a bit "lame", adding just stats as a passive is not really something engaging.
-Stats like intelligence, wisdom, charisma and luck are not related to the physical side of your body.
-Maybe add a stat called perception and tie its uses to being able to get more information about other people, discover hidden places or items, discover people doing sketchy things.
-You can add stats related to sex to the body category like giving more pleasure, increasing or decreasing impregnation chance even maybe changing your own appearance, body parts size or something like that.
-What is the the difference between agility and dexterity in game? Is agility related to movement and dexterity about your hands movement? I feel like they overlap a bit.
-Maybe add a spell that alters the relation between npcs, so that you can make other people cheat or break up easier if they hate their partner.
-Devils empathy, devils majesty and devils talent have nothing to do with time, maybe add a skill that allows you to rewind the time to before making a decision (like an undo button), or maybe add a passive that make your other spells last more time.
-Devils pocket and devils storage overlap too much, the final level of devils pocket should give you the benefit of devils storage.
-Space and time are a bit limiting in their names and prob wont have too many spells in each tier maybe you can combine both trees into one and call it reality, relativity, universe, physics or something like that.

Anyways I will look forward to see how this game develops, it has a lot of potential!

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Thanks for the log file. From it, it appears the game didn't load the characters properly and the event just stops. This one will be more complicated to fix. I will add a file loading screen detail on startup to first check everything has been loaded properly to avoid this. As to why the file didn't load properly on your setup but works fine on others, I have no idea at the moment.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Played the game for a while and it is an interesting experience for a beta.
Some feedback I would make would be:

-Try to make it easier to move inside buildings having to go back to the world view to switch rooms is a bit annoying and lack of some keybinds makes the game a bit tedious.
Regarding skill points:
-I feel like the tier 1 of body is a bit "lame", adding just stats as a passive is not really something engaging.
-Stats like intelligence, wisdom, charisma and luck are not related to the physical side of your body.
-Maybe add a stat called perception and tie its uses to being able to get more information about other people, discover hidden places or items, discover people doing sketchy things.
-You can add stats related to sex to the body category like giving more pleasure, increasing or decreasing impregnation chance even maybe changing your own appearance, body parts size or something like that.
-What is the the difference between agility and dexterity in game? Is agility related to movement and dexterity about your hands movement? I feel like they overlap a bit.
-Maybe add a spell that alters the relation between npcs, so that you can make other people cheat or break up easier if they hate their partner.
-Devils empathy, devils majesty and devils talent have nothing to do with time, maybe add a skill that allows you to rewind the time to before making a decision (like an undo button), or maybe add a passive that make your other spells last more time.
-Devils pocket and devils storage overlap too much, the final level of devils pocket should give you the benefit of devils storage.
-Space and time are a bit limiting in their names and prob wont have too many spells in each tier maybe you can combine both trees into one and call it reality, relativity, universe, physics or something like that.

Anyways I will look forward to see how this game develops, it has a lot of potential!
For moving between rooms, this is one aspect I'll have to work on indeed. I'll make it work like Glassix and you'll be bale to click on doors directly in the locations to switch rooms.

Tier 1 for body will be important for specific scenarios where the MC is lame and you want to buff it up to make the scenario easier. Also, it is impossible to make every spells in the game relevant unfortunately ;) As for their categories, mind related attributes could indeed be switched to another categories but I though it might be easier to have all of them in the same category so you don't have to figure out which category the author will think is more adequate for an attribute.

For perception, that would indeed be a nice addition. I'll think about it. But that's where modding comes into place, if players thinks some stuff is lacking, they'll be able to fix it and share it ;)

Sex stats: Totally! The current spell or skill is barely an intro! Many more will be added to give a feeling of progression in game, like improving your sex skills which would reflect on how fast girls come or your stamina and so on.

Agility would be more related to feet checks, like sneaking or running. Dexterity would be more related to hands checks like lockpicking and firing a gun. It's usually mixed into one attribute in other games but I felt like for Glassix, it'd be better to split it.

Spell altering relation: That's where the beauty of spells in Glassix 2 comes and some of the spells will become even more powerful when players realize they can use it in combos. Think about the possession spell where you take control of somebody. Then by using the Strife spell, you will not decrease relation between the MC and the target, but between the currently possessed character and the target. The idea is to give a lot of freedom but have the player have to think a bit about how to use spells properly to achieve their goals ;)

For time spell category, they have to do with real life time, reducing the grind in the game for the player. So it would not be game time per se, but real life time reduction ;) Yeah it's stretched ahah :D Adding new spells is indeed possible.

For the devils pocket and devils storage, that's where the spells system in Glassix 2 will be an evolution from Glassix 1. Meaning to get devils storage, you'll need to have devils pocket to level 10. Some spells will now have requirements to be unlocked, be it an attribute value, a skill value or another spell level.

For time/space spells to be merged, I like your idea. Like you said, there will be less than of those than body and mind categories so merging them could fix the balance. Just need to find a good name, your suggestions are quite good actually. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Banschi

Dec 9, 2018
Thanks for the log file. From it, it appears the game didn't load the characters properly and the event just stops. This one will be more complicated to fix. I will add a file loading screen detail on startup to first check everything has been loaded properly to avoid this. As to why the file didn't load properly on your setup but works fine on others, I have no idea at the moment.
Tldr:
1.Start game
2.immediately exit
3. Packed Player log

So i deleted the old Player log , Then i started the game , And as soon the game loaded , i exited it . Then packed up player log , and postet it here . Hope it helps .

If u wanna do some tests , feel free to ask how i should start it . Meby im missing some software or so . But meny ppl seem to have this problem .

Banschi

Dec 9, 2018
Ok , so made a feew changes in Config file .
Game is now cappable of runing , but pretty much crashes during or after i teach class (press work)

Heres the new Player log.

I think i later update graphic card drivers .
Oh , and the change i made was:
X:\<Path>\Glassix2\Glassix 2_Data
Edit file boot.config
And changed gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1 to gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=0

But since the game crashes anyway , i dont count this as a solution .

Aug 19, 2020

Thought i sent it. my bad.

There. that should work. it wasnt allowing me to attach the file for some reason so i put it in a rar. hope that doesnt change any properties of the player.log.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Ok , so made a feew changes in Config file .
Game is now cappable of runing , but pretty much crashes during or after i teach class (press work)

Heres the new Player log.

I think i later update graphic card drivers .
Oh , and the change i made was:
X:\<Path>\Glassix2\Glassix 2_Data
Edit file boot.config
And changed gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1 to gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=0

But since the game crashes anyway , i dont count this as a solution .
Thought i sent it. my bad.

There. that should work. it wasnt allowing me to attach the file for some reason so i put it in a rar. hope that doesnt change any properties of the player.log.
Thanks for the log files. However, they don't display any Unity errors so I assume it comes from the GPU side being overloaded by all the textures loaded and cached by the game which cause a crash. Did you try to lower the game graphics quality in the game options by any chance? Maybe setting it to Low could fix it, though I don't think so because most textures are loaded on the fly and not crunched yet. That's something I'll have to optimize in the future for low end computers indeed. But at the moment, I have no fix for your problem.

Banschi

Dec 9, 2018
Thanks for the log files. However, they don't display any Unity errors so I assume it comes from the GPU side being overloaded by all the textures loaded and cached by the game which cause a crash. Did you try to lower the game graphics quality in the game options by any chance? Maybe setting it to Low could fix it, though I don't think so because most textures are loaded on the fly and not crunched yet. That's something I'll have to optimize in the future for low end computers indeed. But at the moment, I have no fix for your problem.
No...
They been discussing it (back in 2020) , and blaming it on "old cards" , But thats just rubbish .
Example
Paintbrushdante has GFX 1650 , which started manufacture in 29.6.2020, so i dont see reason why a 3 year old card would not run this in a prototype state .

It is something else , like think about it . Is it realy that complex that it melts GPU? Or its just not optimized?

If u got time on hands , i would appreciate if u made another Glasix 2 mini . Just cut out nearly everything . And if that does not run smoothly . The problem lies somewhere else then . Take it as a bump on the road ( a rather big one)

Or do as u like , but its not the cards nor O system.

Aug 19, 2020
It's fine. I presumed that was the problem. Maybe adding more RAM to my laptop will help. Not sure.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
No...
They been discussing it (back in 2020) , and blaming it on "old cards" , But thats just rubbish .
Example
Paintbrushdante has GFX 1650 , which started manufacture in 29.6.2020, so i dont see reason why a 3 year old card would not run this in a prototype state .

It is something else , like think about it . Is it realy that complex that it melts GPU? Or its just not optimized?

If u got time on hands , i would appreciate if u made another Glasix 2 mini . Just cut out nearly everything . And if that does not run smoothly . The problem lies somewhere else then . Take it as a bump on the road ( a rather big one)

Or do as u like , but its not the cards nor O system.
Not optimized yet. Unity has a texture cruncher but since I want texture to be easily moddable, I don't use it meaning all textures comes full size at the moment. Lots of textures are 4K meaning dozens or hundreds of Mo in GPU all at once even at low graphic settings. Older cards might not be able to handle that much. For example, My GTX 3060 with 16Gb memory runs at about 75% memory usage when playing Glassix and loading one location. That's not really accurate to use only one set up as reference but that already gives an idea of how memory intensive Glassix currently is.

Again, this is due to the number of textures. We have diffuse maps and normal maps coming from Daz at 4K resolution and NPC have lots of different skins, outfits and hair all loading 4k or 2k textures. That quickly fills up the memory.

I have several potential solutions to fix that. Let's take an example. In the university cafeteria, you can have (at the moment) up to ~40 NPCs at once which is massive due to textures current size. So first solution would be to lower the max amount of NPCs displayed at once thus reducing number of texture loaded.

Another solution would be to crunch textures when on low graphics to 1k for example and cache those new textures in specific folders so that once crunched, you don't need to crunch it next time. 2k is ~4 times the size of a 1k texture and 4k is ~16 times the size of a 1k, so shrinking textures could reduce memory usage, albeit at quality cost but that's obviously what quality settings are for. Or I could also release a lower textures pack directly crunched.

Finally, I'm currently caching all textures in memory so that subsequent loads of a same location or NPC are almost instant. Adding a game option to toggle this caching would also reduce memory usage and free space each time a location unloads. Of course, that would come at the cost of longer transition times on lower specs but again, something expected.

So overall, there already are many solutions to fix this issue but it will require time to implement. I'm currently trying to figure out indoors lighting but the Unity asset I use for this is super complex and not behaving like Unity tutorial videos for reasons I don't know, so it'll take some time to fix just this aspect. I'd also like to work on the business and jobs interface first so that players can see jobs will have a fun impact in the game with careers and unique actions unlocked by specific jobs.

Piedyl

Sep 16, 2017
For moving between rooms, this is one aspect I'll have to work on indeed. I'll make it work like Glassix and you'll be bale to click on doors directly in the locations to switch rooms.

Tier 1 for body will be important for specific scenarios where the MC is lame and you want to buff it up to make the scenario easier. Also, it is impossible to make every spells in the game relevant unfortunately ;) As for their categories, mind related attributes could indeed be switched to another categories but I though it might be easier to have all of them in the same category so you don't have to figure out which category the author will think is more adequate for an attribute.

For perception, that would indeed be a nice addition. I'll think about it. But that's where modding comes into place, if players thinks some stuff is lacking, they'll be able to fix it and share it ;)

Sex stats: Totally! The current spell or skill is barely an intro! Many more will be added to give a feeling of progression in game, like improving your sex skills which would reflect on how fast girls come or your stamina and so on.

Agility would be more related to feet checks, like sneaking or running. Dexterity would be more related to hands checks like lockpicking and firing a gun. It's usually mixed into one attribute in other games but I felt like for Glassix, it'd be better to split it.

Spell altering relation: That's where the beauty of spells in Glassix 2 comes and some of the spells will become even more powerful when players realize they can use it in combos. Think about the possession spell where you take control of somebody. Then by using the Strife spell, you will not decrease relation between the MC and the target, but between the currently possessed character and the target. The idea is to give a lot of freedom but have the player have to think a bit about how to use spells properly to achieve their goals ;)

For time spell category, they have to do with real life time, reducing the grind in the game for the player. So it would not be game time per se, but real life time reduction ;) Yeah it's stretched ahah :D Adding new spells is indeed possible.

For the devils pocket and devils storage, that's where the spells system in Glassix 2 will be an evolution from Glassix 1. Meaning to get devils storage, you'll need to have devils pocket to level 10. Some spells will now have requirements to be unlocked, be it an attribute value, a skill value or another spell level.

For time/space spells to be merged, I like your idea. Like you said, there will be less than of those than body and mind categories so merging them could fix the balance. Just need to find a good name, your suggestions are quite good actually. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for your feedback :)
Hearing about combining possession with other skills is really getting me excited^^

BonrAlternate

Jun 21, 2017
I remember what Glassix 1 v0.1 was like, and it came a very long way since then (7 years!). You can still check it out actually on svscomics but I don't recommend it, haha.
Anyway, I have faith that you can make this a great game. Wishing you the best!

Reactions: Daedolon

Pro0

Nov 19, 2022
You mean how I handle the slide show/hide? If so, I'm thinking about it too. I thought being able to toggle sub categories on/off would make it easier to access but because there are so many sliders, maybe handling only one sub category at a time would be more adequate.

Thanks for the log file!

From it, I can see your Windows uses comma separator for decimal but you also have another error regarding the Quests global object which can also be the cause.

Could you download the attached zip file, put it inside the Glassix 2_Data\Managed folder, unzip it and overwrite the existing one, then try again to load the city. If it still fails, could you send me the log file again to see if it fixed the decimal separator error at least?

Worked for me, had the same issue. Nice to see your commitment to the game and the fast fixes :)