• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Glassix 2 [v0.11.0] [Gaweb Studio]

Draintheswamp

Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for the feedback, that's the kind of problems I wanted to find out with such an alpha version before getting into even more complex game code.

Gofiles link dead: omg... Stupid Gofiles, I didn't know I had to force the folder to public. It's been changed now, should be working.

For the 16:9 res, got it, I'll force it since it's indeed the way I work in Unity, I'd rather not make it even more complex trying to adjust to more resolutions.

For the error message after selecting the skills, the game can't seem to be able to load the model XML, it's rather strange. Could you send me the player.log file located in "C:/Users/<user>/AppData/LocalLow/Gaweb Studio/Glassix 2" ? I'll have to add a button to report bug more easily in future versions as well as send the logs automatically, it would speed up debug time.

For the green light, omg lol. What's strange is that it doesn't do the same on the city interface despite using the same lighting. I don't know much about graphic cards so I'll have to look into it.

Thanks again for the constructive comment, that's really helpful ;)

This is because I've been using those models for several years and purchase lots of Genesis 3 assets before Genesis 8 was out. And moving to Genesis 8 would be way to costly for me at the moment.

Is the game located in a writable folder?
Could you send me the player.log file located in "C:/Users/<user>/AppData/LocalLow/Gaweb Studio/Glassix 2"?
I'll have to check it out to figure out why the file is not loading properly.

Thanks ;) Glassix 2 is an ambitious project because it's not only about delivering a simulation game but also adding features so that players can actually add their own content. It's actually already possible to import your own 3D models of buildings or locations in the game and make it work with specific XML code, as well as creating new scenarios and cities. But I'll wait until I create proper tools to handle that in game directly and document it.

Yes though you keep playing your scenario even after reaching the scenario goal. Since this is a simulation sandbox, you will be able to do a lot.
You should think of Glassix 2 as a hub which will give you access to custom stories, meaning you could have Glassix, Lab Rats and any other games directly accessible as scenarios in Glassix 2. Having characters reappear between scenarios is also possible if that's how the creator wants it. There will be tools for players to create their own cities, characters and stories

AMD GPU there is your problem. Jokes aside basically nothing is actually optimized for AMD so apart from mainstream games AMD is severly kneecapped :/ .
Really? Is it due to AMD? Is it a common occurrence?
[/QUOTE]

come on man, you can make the graphics better than this. Use daz3d

Inquisidor

Feb 24, 2018
Glassix 2 is only in version 0.4.1, that's like an alpha build not at all polished and fleshed out. So no, it's not the end at all, it's barely the beginning. Glassix 2 being full 3D and not renders, pregnancy will be fully playable yes.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I was talking about the original Glassix
The original one its near to the end with the release of the sequel or there are still much to do with that??

Aug 7, 2016
"Million times better" according to you... It's your own taste, why would it apply to everybody?
"Name to something else". Glassix and Glassix 2 share a lot of gameplay similarities, use the same universe, as well as having the common core characters Lily and Anael. So thank you for your feedback but I'll stick with my original plan.
"set the light for good graphics" What does that mean?
It's not just my taste looking at the comments and as you said one of your feedbacks was ugly it's your game and your choices but if you can't see that compared to other games or the previous part it's visual crap then nothing I can do.
Naming the game differently in my opinion will prevent people from getting frustrated that the game is not as good as the previous part but like I said it's your choice.
In the last part, I meant that because of wanting to freely change the lighting, you made the game a few classes worse than it was visually before. but there's nothing to discuss, I'll come back when the game is more finished and then I'll evaluate it but I don't see it well, and I hope that the first (better in my opinion) part will be developed further.

Aug 19, 2020
Game gets stuck on the second event after talking to the Dean when starting the scenario. It loads the 4 women up then freezes.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Models are Daz3D genesis 3 which might be a bit outdated but are still super high poly. The problem doesn't come from the models but from the lighting which I couldn't make work correctly yet since Unity HDRP simulates real life lighting and there are dozens of parameters to understand and use which I couldn't figure out yet since I'm already swamped with the game code. But it'll come around hopefully.
Why did you not choose Genesis 8? While having much lower polys, they are much more detailed. Genesis 8 characters are optimized for export to games, which Genesis 8 are not.

In short, using Genesis 3 will make the game slower much faster, especially with a number of characters at the same time.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
AMD GPU there is your problem. Jokes aside basically nothing is actually optimized for AMD so apart from mainstream games AMD is severly kneecapped :/ .
PLEASE, oh please, explain to me then why I am getting the exact same errors.

Especially since I am running on a new computer setup, i7-13700K, 32GB RAM, NVMe drives ... and an RTX 3060 12GB (plus a GTX 1660 Ti) OC !!!?

I mean, since you're talking about AMD which is widely supported by Unity.

It also says this at the beginning:

1681001011395.png

See, it's exactly the same:

1681001045903.png

1681001084695.png

It is EXACTLY the same problem, on a RTX 3060 OC.

I think there is an error in this build that only affects the game under whatever circumstances.

Daedolon could you look into this please? I am one of those who played G1 since the beginning. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pro0

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
There are several ways to go about it, but windows 10 has an integrated way of doing it:
View attachment 2531368

This can be done per screens.

I've tried on one of my FullHD screens, and I have the same problem:

View attachment 2531373
I didn't know about this feature, thanks for the clarification. I'll look into it and fix it asap. Thanks again ;)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I was talking about the original Glassix
The original one its near to the end with the release of the sequel or there are still much to do with that??
Ah yeah, Glassix 1 should have 1 or 2 more versions before its complete release.

It's not just my taste looking at the comments and as you said one of your feedbacks was ugly it's your game and your choices but if you can't see that compared to other games or the previous part it's visual crap then nothing I can do.
Naming the game differently in my opinion will prevent people from getting frustrated that the game is not as good as the previous part but like I said it's your choice.
In the last part, I meant that because of wanting to freely change the lighting, you made the game a few classes worse than it was visually before. but there's nothing to discuss, I'll come back when the game is more finished and then I'll evaluate it but I don't see it well, and I hope that the first (better in my opinion) part will be developed further.
Dissatisfied players tend to comment more than satisfied players so yes, you'll see more negative comments on this thread. I still have hundreds of download for the game and no complains from my patrons (yet) because they do understand this is an alpha build and it will take time to polish.

"wanting to freely change the lighting", again, what does that mean? I already said the lighting is currently a mess for indoor locations at the moment and models will look much better once it's fixed.

Game gets stuck on the second event after talking to the Dean when starting the scenario. It loads the 4 women up then freezes.
Could you sen me the "C:/Users/<user>/AppData/LocalLow/Gaweb Studio/Glassix 2/Player.log" file so I can look into it?

Will it be possible to whore out family members?
Yes

Any hope of a mac build?
I'll look into it in next version

Why did you not choose Genesis 8? While having much lower polys, they are much more detailed. Genesis 8 characters are optimized for export to games, which Genesis 8 are not.

In short, using Genesis 3 will make the game slower much faster, especially with a number of characters at the same time.
Again, I bought Daz assets several years ago BEFORE Genesis 3 existed. Moving to Genesis 8 would be too costly for me at the moment. Though you mentioning the optimization part in Genesis 8 models could be an possible improvement in the future indeed.

PLEASE, oh please, explain to me then why I am getting the exact same errors.

Especially since I am running on a new computer setup, i7-13700K, 32GB RAM, NVMe drives ... and an RTX 3060 12GB (plus a GTX 1660 Ti) OC !!!?

I mean, since you're talking about AMD which is widely supported by Unity.

It also says this at the beginning:

View attachment 2532095

See, it's exactly the same:

View attachment 2532096

View attachment 2532097

It is EXACTLY the same problem, on a RTX 3060 OC.

I think there is an error in this build that only affects the game under whatever circumstances.

Daedolon could you look into this please? I am one of those who played G1 since the beginning. :)
The first error comes from the decimal separator on your system which I assume is the comma while Glassix 2 uses the period. I've already fixed this in next version. For the green light, I'll have to look into it, I assume it's an incompatible material shader with one of the asset I'm using. As for why the city does not load, could you share your "C:/Users/<user>/AppData/LocalLow/Gaweb Studio/Glassix 2/Player.log" file so I can look into the errors if any?

Thanks again for the constructive feedback ;)

• Sad
Reactions: Blue3252

Hanz

May 21, 2017
Just a question from an outsider, been here a long time. I saw the original one a long time ago and see it now and again. I personally don't try games until they're complete. So I'll ask this, why start the sequel if the previous one hasn't been finished? Wanted something fresh? Got fed up with the original and taking a break?

Reactions: Aonrayon

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Just a question from an outsider, been here a long time. I saw the original one a long time ago and see it now and again. I personally don't try games until they're complete. So I'll ask this, why start the sequel if the previous one hasn't been finished? Wanted something fresh? Got fed up with the original and taking a break?
A bit of everything. Glassix 1 was close to completion and most of the remaining stuff was worked by someone else (CarpeNoctem). I also wanted transition to be smoother than just have months of no updates because creating a game from scratch takes more than a month. Even more when it's as ambitious as I'm planning it to be. And the limitation of 2D were getting annoying. I like the ability to change clothes and 2D is a huge pain in the ass for that, even more if you want said clothes to appear in sex scenes too. 3D will make things much easier to handle.

Reactions: Pro0 and Aonrayon

Aonrayon

Nov 20, 2017
Hey Gaweb, are there any plans to change the "click to unselect" in the character creation?

gx6060

Aug 26, 2017
Hi, how i could make my own family in genealogy? cant figure it out how add character to another family

Well, got an error with missing path, cant play, anyone know how to fix this shit?
ScreenShot_20230409143343.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Hey Gaweb, are there any plans to change the "click to unselect" in the character creation?
You mean how I handle the slide show/hide? If so, I'm thinking about it too. I thought being able to toggle sub categories on/off would make it easier to access but because there are so many sliders, maybe handling only one sub category at a time would be more adequate.

Hi, how i could make my own family in genealogy? cant figure it out how add character to another family

Well, got an error with missing path, cant play, anyone know how to fix this shit?
View attachment 2532967
Thanks for the log file!

From it, I can see your Windows uses comma separator for decimal but you also have another error regarding the Quests global object which can also be the cause.

Could you download the attached zip file, put it inside the Glassix 2_Data\Managed folder, unzip it and overwrite the existing one, then try again to load the city. If it still fails, could you send me the log file again to see if it fixed the decimal separator error at least?

For the family genealogy, siblings are calculated automatically by the game and update cards adequately. Just take one sibling, select its father and mother then save. Open sibling 2, select the same father and mother and save. Open sibling 1 and you should see sibling 1 and 2 are now detected as siblings. Same for grand parents. Only father and mother are selectable, rest is deducted since filling it would be redundant. Though it's not the conventional way to handle that and might confuse players. I'll have to think about it.

Melted

Nov 23, 2019
Just wanted to say, you handle criticism like a champ! Keep on keepin' on my dude and good luck with the project!