• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN HTML Completed Getting to Know Christine [v1.0] [Tora Productions]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
if this is from the same devs that did Pandora, as I think it is, then this will be one of the few html games that works on my pc....woot woot
The writing is, by tlaero.
The rendering here was done by phreaky though. tlaero and him collaborated on this and a few other games. Pandora, and the Dreaming with Elsa series the rendering was done by Mortze, who also does the rendering for Gates: The Opening.

TMYK

Reactions: buttlovinmagic

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Thanks for this, been a while. Was thinking about playing this one again with the release of the new game but was concerned that the renders would be too dated. Well, they certainly are dated, but the sample pics prove that my imagination was running wild and they are not as bad I had feared.

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
This is actually the anniversary edition, so they updated it to have all of the features their never games have!
Correct! I went to download this but realized I already had it, and the old one was over 3x the size (132mb vs 40mb)

The readmes compared:
Getting to Know Christine

Another collaboration between Phreaky and Tlaero.

In this game we tried to add a bit more characterization and story to our typical "virtual date" games. You'll have to let us know if we suceeded.

After exctracting to the local drive, please find a folder named 'Christine' and start with Start.html

Enjoy!
Tlaero and Phreaky
Getting to Know Christine (Anniversary Edition)

This game was originally released in March of 2011. The story and programming were done by Tlaero and art was done by Phreaky.

The Anniversary Edition has the original art and story, but I've reprogrammed it to work on modern browsers and add saved games and the ability to export saves.

This was the first game where I tried to tell an actual story, and has stayed remarkably popular over the years.

Thank you for playing,
Tlaero
Edit:
@Thrownaway13 Here's a lossless version of the Anniversary Edition if you want to add it as a download:

I did a diff between the two versions and the only difference is literally the compression on the images, so I combined the two and used the higher quality images. They all have the same resolution, but the Anniversary edition's have a bit more artifacting on them. I did some preliminary testing, works perfectly, and I have no reason to believe it won't work exactly the same, since resolutions are identical and it's being loaded by filename into your browser without any sort of check. Enjoy!

Reactions: Krull and vcxz

xrayman2k4

Jun 10, 2017
I stole a walkthrough from somewhere ages ago - before I found F95 - Probably that Lagoon place, but I don't recall.
Because I don't trust Virgin to be online 24/7, despite the ridiculous monthly fee my broadband incurs, I copied and pasted it to the attached file - I just tried it out with the Anniversary Ed. seems OK up to date 7 - the threesome with Sandy is too much for me to take :p
Christina reminds me of my first: dirty & daring, lost my cherry to her arse as she was too sore for regular sex. Sandy reminds me of my wife when younger - if only I could go back 26 years and get those two pissed and locked in my room :)

Reactions: CSNRC and Minoin

Mark17

May 15, 2017
oh man this is the first sex game ever i played , in 2010 play force one Site
oh great memories

oszapo25

Jan 17, 2018
The first very best game I've ever met years ago. It made me interested in similar games...

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
I realize this upload might have gotten buried in my last post, but just wanted to illustrate the difference in quality between the images in each version. The Anniversary Edition images have some significant compression artifacts on top of the artifacting visible on the originals. No es bueno.

This combined version uses the updated code and save functionality of the Anniversary Edition release with the higher quality image files of the original. No need to make a masturbatory Sophie's Choice :D

Reactions: DonV

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I realize this upload might have gotten buried in my last post, but just wanted to illustrate the difference in quality between the images in each version. The Anniversary Edition images have some significant compression artifacts on top of the artifacting visible on the originals. No es bueno.

This combined version uses the updated code and save functionality of the Anniversary Edition release with the higher quality image files of the original. No need to make a masturbatory Sophie's Choice :D

Thanks for this. Not being an expert on the topic, it was hard for me to be sure if Tora's overly aggressive compression of images or Mortze's own admission of using lower level resolutions and short render times was the cause of the poor quality images in their games. They have said that we can't see the difference between the original and compressed images but your sample images clearly show the artifacts that I see in all their games.

Reactions: shinonen

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
Thanks for this. Not being an expert on the topic, it was hard for me to be sure if Tora's overly aggressive compression of images or Mortze's own admission of using lower level resolutions and short render times was the cause of the poor quality images in their games. They have said that we can't see the difference between the original and compressed images but your sample images clearly show the artifacts that I see in all their games.
The first Christine was rendered by Phreaky, so hopefully Mortze has nothing to do with what happened here since all the rendering for this project was done in 2011 and all they did was compress it (which is sad, the old size was not bad at all, it's actually on the small side for a lot of stuff today.)

As far as for other more recent Tora games, that's something else. I hadn't heard about them doing this (I dropped their Patreon because Tlaero kept filling my inbox whining about how awful piracy was. Oh, irony). But yeah, Shorter render times will result in less complexity and math on a scene calculating exactly just how light affects the scene, reflecting off objects, partially penetrating stuff like skin and fabric, etc. Basically, less detail. Lower resolutions hide that lack of detail (A small 1080p screen like your phone looks amazing, while a 65"+ 1080p TV, you can start seeing the flaws the closer you get to it.

As far as compression goes, most times you can't really tell unless they released a higher resolution version of something for comparison, like we have here. Going back to the TV example, It's like how 1080p was great until you saw a 4k TV at the same size. Meanwhile, additional render time is like how you thought 4k was great until you saw HDR. :)

Reactions: Boogie

DrHojo

Jan 20, 2018
Remembering this from PF1 years ago.:cool: Such a clever and well written game, with the alternate ending twist available. A classic in linear AIF that deserves a replay , at least every few years.

Reactions: mrxkuul

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
While I disagree with @shinonen that, while playing, the compressed images are recognizably different from the original uncompressed ones (those images you posted were seriously zoomed in), I also don't mind that you made the version with the old images. It should work fine. I'm pretty sure I didn't change any of the file names, I just ran them through a jpg compressor.

Compressing the images was completely my doing. Mortze gets none of the blame.

I'm pretty sure that if I made a test that randomly chose between an .8 jpg version and an a lossless one and had you pick if it was the "good" or "bad" one, the vast majority of people wouldn't do better than blind guessing. But, for that, everything takes up 1/10th as much space. I literally stopped playing Starship Inanna because I was annoyed at the file size for the amount of content.

That said, @shinonen, I'm completely open to the possibility of you having fighter jet pilot eyes that can see finer details than most of us. It's cool that you were able to make something that worked for you.

Tlaero

edp101

Dec 3, 2016
@Tlaero off-topic and weird but I'm really geeking out and got nostalgic right now seeing you post on a forum for some reason. Got started with this adult games hobby lurking at shark's lagoon and haven't visited that site in years. Hope you and Mort are doing well and get continued success.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes