Who's your favorite girl as the moment (V0.4)?

• Ladira

• Lintar

• Pirlia

• Rachel

• Sabrina

• Saefia

• Sarlé

• Zoela

• (Annica)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
Nice Game, i like it. Although there is not much sexy content there yet, the setting is there.
What i find strange ist, that the Ship has a German name, without any Bio-Knight being on board and got assigned exactly the one Private who leared "Bio-Knight" aka German as Xeno-Language.
I always laugh at the thought of the English speakers trying t pronounce the Ships name...
One point of critics: the lack of a questlog or some way to figure out when you have found or done everything in this update.
You can literally wander aimlessly, try to speak to every crewmember just to realize there is only the "back" - button to press - so seemingly no further content.
Curious though what a private-owned ship with a strange name and seemingly conscious AI (which it tries to hide desperately) does flying around as a auxiliary Vessel.
Btw. One of the Background Images shows an "A3" - While One of the Twins stated that A3 are quite large support vessels, even bigger than Battleships - which the Funkelregen is obviously not.

"Funkelregen" is a legitimate German word, as "Funkel" is an ancient Word for Star - Think about "Funkelperlenaugen" (PUR)
Funkel, Funkel kleiner Stern...

Greetings,
Ge0rgy

Janamus Sura

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Nice Game, i like it. Although there is not much sexy content there yet, the setting is there.
What i find strange ist, that the Ship has a German name, without any Bio-Knight being on board and got assigned exactly the one Private who leared "Bio-Knight" aka German as Xeno-Language.
I always laugh at the thought of the English speakers trying t pronounce the Ships name...
One point of critics: the lack of a questlog or some way to figure out when you have found or done everything in this update.
You can literally wander aimlessly, try to speak to every crewmember just to realize there is only the "back" - button to press - so seemingly no further content.
Curious though what a private-owned ship with a strange name and seemingly conscious AI (which it tries to hide desperately) does flying around as a auxiliary Vessel.
Btw. One of the Background Images shows an "A3" - While One of the Twins stated that A3 are quite large support vessels, even bigger than Battleships - which the Funkelregen is obviously not.

"Funkelregen" is a legitimate German word, as "Funkel" is an ancient Word for Star - Think about "Funkelperlenaugen" (PUR)

Greetings,
Ge0rgy
First of all, thanks for your detailed review, Ge0rgy,

Yes, the sexy scenes are for now a bit scarce, but I'm working on it.
I guess you may have missed the scene, where Zoela shortly explains her reasoning for the name as well as the fact, she's a language genius, speaking almost every in-universe language. But I know this point is mainly plot convenience...
And yes, English speakers (especially Americans) trying to pronounce German words are just funny. We are all used to words like "Kindergarten", "Doppelgänger/Doppelganger", and "Schadenfreude", but trust me, it gets way better with scientific terms, like "Bremsstrahlung", "Kugelblitz", or "Umpolung", which made it unaltered into the English scientific vocabulary.
A real quest log is already in the making and will be added in 0.2. I hope my low-effort "quest log" with the Lady Time Warden at the end pointing out, which events you have missed, eases this problem. And yes, many interaction points are at this time just dummies...
And would you be so kind as to elaborate, where exactly you found the incorrect labeling as an A3 ship?

Greeting,
Janamus

Reactions: Deserted Mind

Deserted Mind

Jun 28, 2021
Greetings, Janamus, nice first realease as far as I can tell. Good luck with your project. Nice choice with the soundtrack, too.

And I'd bet a Vulture full of Nividium I know from somewhere else if I was into gambling.:alien:

Reactions: Janamus Sura

Janamus Sura

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Greetings, Janamus, nice first realease as far as I can tell. Good luck with your project. Nice choice with the soundtrack, too.

And I'd bet a Vulture full of Nividium I know from somewhere else if I was into gambling.:alien:
The unholy creature, although unable to fully understand the holy three dimensional trinity, has found Habitable Zone. The Pontifex is surprised.

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
And would you be so kind as to elaborate, where exactly you found the incorrect labeling as an A3 ship?
It was on the background of some Room, it wasn't the cafeteria i think... but maybe i was mistaken and this rather relates to the section of the ship than the ships designation itself.
Regarding the name, you are right, i seem to have missed this explanation... strange...
Nice coincidence then, that she got exactly the one private assigned that can understand this language. *plot coincidence* ;)
Overall the reference to Elves an Orks / Ogres is also somewhat interesting in a SciFi game. Will there be a Kitsune or Catgirl too? :D
The most intriguing of all for me are the Advar, "Children of the Unity" kind of Borg but without the assimilation stuff.
Btw. i guesses that Sara is the time warden even before the Dream scene with the "Grey" attackers ;)
But one thing is strange... While Sarle always talks about "we", Sara as Time warden in the eye of time reminiscences about "her" time on the Funkelregen (whil sara isn't on the ship yet in the normal timeline, just Communication with her Brother via Commlink) and she talks about spending time with "her" brother... she does not say "our" brother in Plural.
Also it is a bit confusing that The LAdy time warden explains in the Intro that she is merely a Manifestation of the great Hivemind - but we know her as a farmgirl with a family - so she definitely _is_ aperson...no? thats a contradiction...sort of.
Btw, Cats on Spaceships have to be named "Spot" :D - I heard this is some galactic rule :p

Keep up the good work, can't wait for the next version.

Xerxos

Dec 15, 2017

Greetings,
Ge0rgy
Okay, I and none has your definition - besides being German myself and never having heard of that usage.
Funkel is the command form of "funkeln" - to shine brightly in a certain way. "Funkel, funkel kleiner Stern" commands the star to shine brightly. The word you probably want is .[/Grammar Nazi]

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
for a sci-fi story there is a lot of scientifical inconsistencies...the most impossible is the commander loli flexing that she can walk on those particular heels, stating that it's thanks to her low weight, problem is...that's not how it works, for her sentence to make sense, she should have more muscles(and bone density and other stuff) than her own weight...but that's impossible in a normal environment, because gravity is a thing, and muscles are part of the total weight...

i'm bad at explaining(even more in english), but ultimately her sentence makes no sense

Janamus Sura

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Overall the reference to Elves an Orks / Ogres is also somewhat interesting in a SciFi game.
I'm sort of coming from Warhammer 40k, which basically presses every standard fantasy race into a sci-fi setting, so I didn't think that to be that uncommon or noteworthy. But I can assure you, I will kinda double down on that in 0.2.

Will there be a Kitsune or Catgirl too? :D
Yes, there will be! The Sendex, the race living to the southeast of the League, are a race of bipedal cats. If I remember correctly they are one or two times namedropped but never shown/explained. And on the other hand, you would certainly find a Veludra somewhere, who would vat-grow you as many catgirls as you like.

i guesses that Sara is the time warden even before the Dream scene with the "Grey" attackers ;)
I see how you would be able to think that, but what made you think that even before the dream/memory? Especially since Sara is barely mentioned and not shown in the wiki before that event?

While Sarle always talks about "we", Sara as Time warden in the eye of time reminiscences about "her" time on the Funkelregen (whil sara isn't on the ship yet in the normal timeline, just Communication with her Brother via Commlink) and she talks about spending time with "her" brother... she does not say "our" brother in Plural.
Also it is a bit confusing that The LAdy time warden explains in the Intro that she is merely a Manifestation of the great Hivemind - but we know her as a farmgirl with a family - so she definitely _is_ aperson...no? thats a contradiction...sort of.
While the Children of the Unity are a true hivemind and every singular Advar is just a physical proxy of the greater whole, the Lady Time Warden is a Gestalt Being fused together from three former separated individualist persons. So when she "breaks" character, it's simply one-third temporarily suppressing the other thirds and briefly overtaking the whole being due to (for example) a particular emotional connection to another person, only one-third has. ("You can make as many mistakes as you want, you just need the market them well..." to quote my former IT teacher...) I know all of this is barely explained in the current version as it is not very important (yet). Anyways I apologize for the misleading.

Btw, Cats on Spaceships have to be named "Spot" :D - I heard this is some galactic rule :p
Fine... I plead guilty...
But that would have been another great Star Trek reference... I hope you found/understood/liked the other 2 or 3 Star Trek references.

Janamus Sura

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
for a sci-fi story there is a lot of scientifical inconsistencies...the most impossible is the commander loli flexing that she can walk on those particular heels, stating that it's thanks to her low weight, problem is...that's not how it works, for her sentence to make sense, she should have more muscles(and bone density and other stuff) than her own weight...but that's impossible in a normal environment, because gravity is a thing, and muscles are part of the total weight...

i'm bad at explaining(even more in english), but ultimately her sentence makes no sense
Yes, that sentance could make sense your way around on Earth and if everybody had to follow the same gravity. The thing with the Illabs (the lolis) is that they come from worlds with low gravity and would simply die on Earth's 1g. Therefore, they have to wear these gravity manipulating belts at all times, that create a personal gravity field around them, which is only about 40% of Earth's gravity. Therefore she ways only 40% of the weight she would have on Earth. So insteat of having more "bone density and other stuff", she just has lower gravity than everybody else.

I hope that explains it. I'd like to hear your other scientifical remarks as well, if you want to comment them, so I can fix or explain them.

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
Okay, I and none has your definition - besides being German myself and never having heard of that usage.
Funkel is the command form of "funkeln" - to shine brightly in a certain way. "Funkel, funkel kleiner Stern" commands the star to shine brightly. The word you probably want is .[/Grammar Nazi]
Ok das war eher eine Extrapolation, wie ich oben sagte, es ist eine uralte Bezeichnung aus der Lyrik. Ich kenne sie aus einem alten Gedicht, mir fällt nur nicht mehr ein welches.
Die Ableitung von "Gefunkel" auf Sternenhimmel und von "Funkel" auf Stern ist aber auch nicht weit weg. Es gibt "Karfunkel" als veraltete Bezeichnung für Edelsteine und dass Edelsteine mit Sternen in Verbindung stehen ist in Lyrik und Dichtung nun auch nichts neues. Entweder aus der Richtung dass Sterne nichts anderes als ans Firmament geklebte Edelsteine sind, oder umgekehrt, dass Edelsteine gefallene Sterne repräsentieren. - Wie gesagt, ich rede hier nicht von modernem deutsch, sondern eher aus der Richtung der Gebrüder Grimm kommend.
"Funken" greift zu kurz, denn ein Funken ist etwas kurzlebiges, er blitzt auf und ist wieder weg. Während Funkeln hier (so wie in besagtem Gedicht) eben etwas beständig glänzendes, Schimmerndes, aufblitzendes, eben funkelndes ausdrücken soll.
So wie Pur von den Funkelperlenaugen singt, und nicht Funkenperlenaugen.
Mag sein dass das künstlerische Freiheit ist, aber es macht Sinn - und tut der Atmosphäre gut meiner Meinung nach.

As you can see, you're not the only German here... ;)

Last edited:

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
I see how you would be able to think that, but what made you think that even before the dream/memory? Especially since Sara is barely mentioned and not shown in the wiki before that event?
Two things actually, at first, her mentioning of "spending time with her brother on the Funkelregen" (she said that at her return to the eye of time) . - While the Plot mentions that the MC had a younger sister. - It made sense.
The second thing was Lady Time Warden behind the MC in the corridor while he was walking to the docking port of the ship.. she called him "Big Guy" or something along those lines (can't remember exactly) which expresses some familiarity with him, almost sounding like "Big Bro" - and iirc sarah called the MC by the same nickname in a scene. - so i was quite sure after that Corridor scene and 100% after her mentioning the same nick that Lady Time Warden used.

While the Children of the Unity are a true hivemind and every singular Advar is just a physical proxy of the greater whole
Must be quite difficult to fall in love this way... loved by an entire race at once? or by no one really? - Sarlé mentioned that she still exists for herself, though. Sounds even more like the BORG ;)

Janamus Sura

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Must be quite difficult to fall in love this way... loved by an entire race at once? or by no one really? - Sarlé mentioned that she still exists for herself, though. Sounds even more like the BORG
Sorry, that quote of mine was a little bit hyperbolical and misleading... I think you should step away a bit from Borg-analogy, although ironically, that's exactly what an Anvir would say about the Advar...

The Unity isn't your typical evil hivemind, that enforces strict uniformity by erasing any form of free will and human emotion, in order to shackle their drones to the will of some evil overlord or external dogma. The Unity, on the other hand, is a way more egalitarian hivemind. First of all, every Advar has a sort of free will and a human range of emotions of its own. The point of the Unity is, that every thought and every experience can be shared in an instant, creating a collective point of view. So you can make one Advar fall in love with you and these emotions can spill over into the wider Unity.

I hope that clears it up...

Auch danke, dass du mir die etymologische Verteidigung abnimmst.

Revotur

Sep 25, 2018
Nothing bothers me more than breaking immersion. I know my comment probably won't have any impact on your game, but I have to say it. Spaceships in space, where there is no friction, cannot have their engines on all the time, because they would keep accelerating faster and faster. Once the spaceships reach their desired speed, they simply turn off the engines and keep moving. If a spaceship wants to stop, it has to activate the front engines and decelerate to zero. Besides that, I really enjoy the game. ^^

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
decided to see WTF

irritation is off charts.png

well this is incredibly annoying.
if this is just a way to rite the intro perhaps make it clearer.
if this is a recurring thing good luck. i'm out

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes