Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This is just a single freebie I downloaded from the Daz forum freebies section. It's an 8ft measuring stick...

8ftmeasuringstick.jpg

It's pretty tiny resource wise, and might be just the thing if you are checking character heights, arm lengths, door heights, stair tread height, you get the idea...

Sure, there's measure metrics too, but sometime you just need a quick reference, without bothering to load the measure metrics stuff onto your figure.

No metric version of the measuring stick (yet), but hopefully there will be one at some point. The author that made this posted this up months ago though, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edit: 2 posts below this one, F95Zone forum member @recreation went ahead and made a metric version of the textures for this measuring stick. Thanks for making the alternate texture for a metric version @recreation !

Here's a link to the attached .jpg. You can see how it looks in the post two posts below this one, or just click on the link...

Edit2: Here's another texture map that @recreation whipped up that has both English and Metric marks for the same stick.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
This is just a single freebie I downloaded from the Daz forum freebies section. It's an 8ft measuring stick...

View attachment 252832

It's pretty tiny resource wise, and might be just the thing if you are checking character heights, arm lengths, door heights, stair tread height, you get the idea...

Sure, there's measure metrics too, but sometime you just need a quick reference, without bothering to load the measure metrics stuff onto your figure.

No metric version of the measuring stick (yet), but hopefully there will be one at some point. The author that made this posted this up months ago though, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Wow. I would consider this a must have, as I have had situations where I was developing characters that I would have liked to have known what height they were so I could have some relativity between the characters (i.e., child height, petite woman height, tall man height). I'll be jumping over and grabbing that right away. Thanks for the cool find.

Reactions: OhWee

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018

View attachment 252832

Nice find!
Made a quick metric version. Drop to: MyLibrary/Props/8ft_Measure_Stick_byTJS/8ft_MeasuringStick_texmap -> overwrite yes (make a backup of the original file if you need it)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not perfect though, don't use it if you're going for the mm :rolleyes:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Nice find!
Made a quick metric version. Drop to: MyLibrary/Props/8ft_Measure_Stick_byTJS/8ft_MeasuringStick_texmap -> overwrite yes (make a backup of the original file if you need it)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not perfect though, don't use it if you're going for the mm :rolleyes:
Awesome!

I'd suggest (if you want both the english and metric versions for some reason) to name the metric file to a slightly different filename (say TexMap2 instead of just TexMap). Swapping out the texture is easy, just click on the diffuse color texture map and point it to the metric one, if you've placed both in the same folder. Or, if you want metric to be the default, then rename the 'default' texture to tex2 and then save the metric version into the same folder.

That's essentially what I did. Right click your image/save as then navigate to the relevant subfolder in the MyLibrary/props subfolder, and saved as Tex 2. I could have also renamed the existing texture during the right click/save as process, after navigating to the folder (making Metric the default), but I'm used to the inferior English system...

The metric system is awesome. I love how 1 cm cubed of water (at sea level/right temp) is 1 ml of water and is 1 gram. The english equivalent to that 'comparison' has crazy numbers... and generally isn't taught as such - I'm sure it gets mentioned at some point, but most Americans won't know these numbers off of the top of their head..

One pint of water weighs one pound (1.04316 lbs/pint). One gallon of water weighs 8.3453 pounds. One cubic foot of water contains 7.48052 gallons.

Yeah, the metric system is so much cleaner!

Anyways, if you wanted to, I'm sure the Daz forum peeps would love it if you shared that texture in the relevant freebie forum thread as well (assuming you have a Daz store account, that login gives you posting access to the Daz forum). A couple of people wanted a metric version, and I'm sure the OP guy wouldn't mind!

I did a quick render of the stick using your texture, just because. it was on my non-Nvidia laptop, so excuse the bluriness...

2.4m_stick.jpg

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Awesome!

I'd suggest (if you want both the english and metric versions for some reason) to name the metric file to a slightly different filename (say TexMap2 instead of just TexMap). Swapping out the texture is easy, just click on the diffuse color texture map and point it to the metric one, if you've placed both in the same folder. Or, if you want metric to be the default, then rename the 'default' texture to tex2 and then save the metric version into the same folder.

That's essentially what I did. Right click your image/save as then navigate to the relevant subfolder in the MyLibrary/props subfolder, and saved as Tex 2. I could have also renamed the existing texture during the right click/save as process, after navigating to the folder (making Metric the default), but I'm used to the inferior English system...

The metric system is awesome. I love how 1 cm cubed of water (at sea level/right temp) is 1 ml of water and is 1 gram. The english equivalent to that 'comparison' has crazy numbers... and generally isn't taught as such.

One pint of water weighs one pound (1.04316 lbs/pint). One gallon of water weighs 8.3453 pounds. One cubic foot of water contains 7.48052 gallons.

Yeah, the metric system is so much cleaner!

Anyways, if you wanted to, I'm sure the Daz forum peeps would love it if you shared that texture in the relevant freebie forum thread as well (assuming you have a Daz store account, that login gives you posting access to the Daz forum). A couple of people wanted a metric version, and I'm sure the OP guy wouldn't mind!

I did a quick render of the stick using your texture, just because. it was on my non-Nvidia laptop, so excuse the bluriness...

View attachment 252915
Looks quite okay I would say^^

Btw you gave me an idea: Why not combine both measure methods :) 8ft_MeasuringStick_TexMap.jpg

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
A simple mirror prop + shader, free to use:

Reactions: seamanq

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I'll see your G3M morphs and raise you by 32 G8M morphs, 12 G8F morphs, and 8 new models -- all for free on the OP
Now I just need some g3m morphs and I can die happy xD
Oh and you forgot link my mirror prop and btw "Re" in the assets names does not stand for "realistic" :p
I know I can be a pain in the arse^^"

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Oh and you forgot link my mirror prop and btw "Re" in the assets names does not stand for "realistic" :p
Fixed and Fixed. You can probably find some more free G3M morphs in Renderguy's Freebie Thread and Renderosity's Freebies Section, and maybe some even at Share CG.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Oh, and I threw in a lovely Tavern Wench, complete with outfit including sexy underwear, because one can never have too many Tavern Wenches.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Dunno why I never posted these here, I got lots of resouces there:

Great HQ textures inclusive bump, normal, AO, displacement and whatnot maps.

High Quality HDRI's, tons of them.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Dunno why I never posted these here, I got lots of resouces there:

Great HQ textures inclusive bump, normal, AO, displacement and whatnot maps.

High Quality HDRI's, tons of them.
@recreation Thanks for the new goodies. I see your new goodies and raise you a free Daz 3D model (in 2 versions): Tamesis, on the OP.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes