Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the great find. If I was inclined to do a period piece or something in outer space, this would be a real treasure trove to be sure. The "Free Poser/DS" section has 326 items available for download. All you have to do is create a free login and download away. Now I see what @OhWee was talking about. 247 of those items are "code required' which means you have to buy something to get the code. 79 items on the site are outright free with no purchase required. Still, a very nice find.
Yeah, that's where the $7-$12 donation comes in. If you make a donation to the site, you will be sent a code which will supposedly unlock the other 247 freebie items for a period of 1-2 weeks. So you'll want to grab as much as you can after you make the donation.

Some of the stuff here is is pretty detailed, and it covers a wide range of stuff, from a sexy police uniform to an Iron Man suit to lots of fantasy stuff, military stuff, and some other sci fi stuff, yeah it covers quite the range.

For people doing 'normal' stories, yeah there's probably not a lot, but if you are doing a 'genre' project, lots of tidbits.

Some of the other items, that aren't in the freebies sections, have a specific donation amount specified. Not sure if buying one of those would also give you the 'freebie' code, but that would make sense.

Some of this stuff looks better than a fair amount of what you'd find in the Daz store, but of course like anything else it can be a bit hit and miss. Nonetheless, as an artist, Summoner (and any of the other artists on FoA) certainly are talented, and probably deserving of any donations sent their way.

Like I said, this stuff might not be for everyone, but I know that some people here like doing art along these lines (myself included obviously), hence the share.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Damn, why didn't I see this thread earlier? Would have spared me hours of searching^^

Anyway here is another one:
There is only free stuff on this site as far as I know. Most of it is clothes, but there are a few props, tutorials, shaders, textures and furniture too.

And of course:
This guy has so many scripts to simplify almost everything in daz. There is other stuff too like clothes, props, textures, furniture and so on.

Aaaand have a look at my signature^^

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Damn, why didn't I see this thread earlier? Would have spared me hours of searching^^

Anyway here is another one:
There is only free stuff on this site as far as I know. Most of it is clothes, but there are a few props, tutorials, shaders, textures and furniture too.

And of course:
This guy has so many scripts to simplify almost everything in daz. There is other stuff too like clothes, props, textures, furniture and so on.

Aaaand have a look at my signature^^

It might not be a bad idea to sticky this thread, seeing that this gets asked fairly often, and there are several threads that have resulted from this very question. This thread is about as good as any of the various threads covering Daz freebies, and @seamanq seems to be keeping an eye on this thread.

Let's ask @muttdoggy and see what he thinks! Oh Muttdoggy...

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It might not be a bad idea to sticky this thread, seeing that this gets asked fairly often, and there are several threads that have resulted from this very question. This thread is about as good as any of the various threads covering Daz freebies, and @seamanq seems to be keeping an eye on this thread.

Yep. I've been here for a while now and didn't see this thread until today.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018

I agree. I didn't find anything that addressed this issue, but I do keep my eye on it and try to add to it when I find new resources (or resources I did not know about) when I can. But I think that anyone doing Daz 3D or Poser development would really benefit from the information. What say you @muttdoggy?

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Hypothetically, someone publish a game here and on Patreon with the stuff you download here and elsewhere, do you know if Daz Studio or someone else goes after the creator to ask for licences of something like that?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hypothetically, someone publish a game here and on Patreon with the stuff you download here and elsewhere, do you know if Daz Studio or someone else goes after the creator to ask for licences of something like that?
Use of pirated software can get fines of $250,000 by the Business Software Alliance. See . So I guess the question is, "do ya feel lucky?"

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Use of pirated software can get fines of $250,000 by the Business Software Alliance. See . So I guess the question is, "do ya feel lucky?"
Do you know if this happened with anyone who published a game here?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Do you know if this happened with anyone who published a game here?
I didn't ask if anyone else felt lucky. I asked if you feel lucky. If you're the one that would have to pay the fines, it's going to be your call as to if you want to risk it or not -- and your penalties to pay if the BSA decides to make an example of you. It's your call. Dude, do whatever you want. It seems that you're leaning that way and wanting to gamble that since it may or may not have happened with anyone else that it would be worth the risk. It's entirely your call.

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
I didn't ask if anyone else felt lucky. I asked if you feel lucky. If you're the one that would have to pay the fines, it's going to be your call as to if you want to risk it or not -- and your penalties to pay if the BSA decides to make an example of you. It's your call.
I see. Well, thanks for the answer.

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
Adding to the list. No questionable/illegal sources.

Has "Freebies":

Check the [x] downloadable filter and usually you will find "free" models if you are willing to attribute the author and know how to port models to DAZ:

The quality ranges from terrible to professional. I'd advise to check the models careful. I've seen cars with holes in the windows for example.

Digging around on will bring up a bunch of "free" stuff too. Just be careful, not all authors allow commercial use.
A lot of the stuff I get from Sketchfab are skulls from the various universities so they are good quality. I am working on a wolf skull motif for an armor set. I think these will help me out.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Here is a nice site with free textures:

"Hypothetically" I don't think that everyone on patreaon uses only stuff they bought and I don't think they (daz) would go and look through all the pages and games up there. Even if they do, they would have to find a way to prove that you didn't buy all the stuff somewhere else. I don't think they would do anything until they have a proof, or get a hint from someone else.
But of course you can never be sure.
Personally I use most of my own stuff, some free stuff and a few things I bought, just to be safe.

Reactions: SvenVlad

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I'll see those free textures, and raise you by a free textures tutorial!

Also, Winterbrose (who wrote the above tutorial) has several free texture packages on Renderosity:

Scroll to the bottom for the three Key West textures packs. There are a bunch of other tutorials by Winterbrose as well. Happy learning!

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I'll see those free textures, and raise you by a free textures tutorial!

Also, Winterbrose (who wrote the above tutorial) has several free texture packages on Renderosity:

Scroll to the bottom for the three Key West textures packs. There are a bunch of other tutorials by Winterbrose as well. Happy learning!
It would be nice to have all the links in the first post? :)

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017

"Hypothetically" I don't think that everyone on patreaon uses only stuff they bought and I don't think they (daz) would go and look through all the pages and games up there. Even if they do, they would have to find a way to prove that you didn't buy all the stuff somewhere else. I don't think they would do anything until they have a proof, or get a hint from someone else.
But of course you can never be sure.
Personally I use most of my own stuff, some free stuff and a few things I bought, just to be safe.
Indeed. I bought some that I intend to use just in case along this past few weeks. I think its risky too, but it was just a curiosity.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I didn't ask if anyone else felt lucky. I asked if you feel lucky. If you're the one that would have to pay the fines, it's going to be your call as to if you want to risk it or not -- and your penalties to pay if the BSA decides to make an example of you. It's your call. Dude, do whatever you want. It seems that you're leaning that way and wanting to gamble that since it may or may not have happened with anyone else that it would be worth the risk. It's entirely your call.
You do realise that the people who make this 3D content and publish it on sites like Renderosity and the official Daz website are doing so with the full knowledge that their designs are going to be used in various projects that will be intended to make someone else money, right? I highly doubt any of these asset developers are expecting people to use what they've made for purely personal reasons let alone receive some sort of monetary compensation, so I can't really see them or Daz or anybody else going after them since they're technically covered under fair use laws.

Also, even if the right way to go about using these assets is technically to buy them, they have no way of knowing if you did or didn't. They could ask you to prove that you bought their assets fair and square, but anyone who puts their work out onto the internet has to accept a certain level of piracy and that not everyone is going to pay for these things, especially if they can't afford them. The asset developers just have to hope that there are enough honest people out there who will buy their products rather than pirate them, and as long as those assets aren't being re-sold, I don't see why they have should have a problem with people using them in games and 3D artworks.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Another freebie challenge. This month, Daz 3D is hosting a " ." This is a monthly thing, and the OP for each month's competition has links to all of the previous months, so you could spend hours and hours combing through all of the free finds in these posts. Have fun!

I am sorry I only saw this (the February competition) today, but there are a few more days for anyone who wants to enter the competition for prizes :). The reason I post it here is that each of the entries are to use mostly free items, and they list the free items and where they got them, so this makes posts like this particularly good for finding more free stuff, and we all love that, don't we? Happy hunting.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
You forgot the most important and bestest freebies ever made @seamanq :ROFLMAO:

and

Yes they are completely free and can be used comercially without any license ;)

Reactions: OhWee and seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
You forgot the most important and bestest freebies ever made @seamanq :ROFLMAO:

and

Yes they are completely free and can be used comercially without any license ;)
Those look awesome and I can't wait to play around with them. They were added to the OP with credit to you, and thanks for the lovely free gift.

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks, but don't expect too much, I'm no pro at all ^^"

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes