• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
A very ambitious project, I hope the development goes well.

Edit: I cannot save on Chrome Windows

Last edited:

Midnightgamer

Aug 29, 2018
View attachment 1781645

Overview:
Free Cities: Origins (FCO) is an HTML game developed using SugarCube 2 based on the famous Free Cities HTML game by FCAuthor. While FreeCities was a management-centric game, we wanted to give an RPG spin on it. In FCO you are thrown into the world years after the fall of modern civilization. The Gregorian calendar while still in use, has reset its year sometime in the past. You start as an unfortunate soul who is enslaved by slave owner Shintani Hiroyuki, who, unbeknownst to him, is obsessed with his Japanese heritage and seeks to rebuild the civilizations from the myths of old.

The game takes the player on a journey from slavehood to eventually the main character in a power struggle between settlements and the last centralized power, the Trade Union. From here, the player can align themselves with a particular faction, affecting the entire game world. The world itself is dynamic and constantly changing, many of these changes are completely unknown to the player until they receive higher status and thus intel. The world also features a dynamic economy that operates on Supply-and-Demand and simulated Brownian motion.

The final phase of the game (in development) is to build a settlement from the ground up which will be the first Free City. We plan to have complex diplomatic and economic actions against other settlements, and of course, complex actions with player vassals and subjects.

Gameplay:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2022-04-29
Release Date: 2022-04-28
Developer: mimusstudios - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Developer Note:
DOWNLOAD
All: - - PIXELDRAIN - -

View attachment 1781626 View attachment 1781627 View attachment 1781629 View attachment 1781630 View attachment 1781631 View attachment 1781633 View attachment 1781634 View attachment 1781635 View attachment 1781636
Love the concept. Big shoes to fill. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

McSweeney

Jun 2, 2017
So many naive comments. This is just coattail riding bullshit. Dev is trying to make money by using the popularity of FC, when he had no hand in developing FC. It's just disrespectful to the people who developed FC and continue to produce the pregmod, and I'm pretty sure the pregmod guys do it for free.

Crys Heart

Oct 27, 2019
Oh-ho, a story-focused spinoff of Free Cities? Colour me interested.

Being the avid FC fan I am, of course I went ahead and gave it a go. The UI is simple and easy on the eyes, but I've discovered that on Opera GX the text strays away from the text box when the actual game starts.
Screenshot (1522).png
This unfortunately (and predictably) makes it unplayable, since I can't read what's going on at all. Still, I'm just buzzing with excitement at how this'll unfold, and eagerly await a more fleshed out version. Personally I'm looking forward to the day the sexual slavery option becomes available ;)

Jun 3, 2021
So many naive comments. This is just coattail riding bullshit. Dev is trying to make money by using the popularity of FC, when he had no hand in developing FC. It's just disrespectful to the people who developed FC and continue to produce the pregmod, and I'm pretty sure the pregmod guys do it for free.
Seriously, dude. There is nothing wrong of taking inspiration, not to mention it is somewhat unique, enjoyable, and isn't blatant copy-and-paste from the original. If that is disrespectful, then every game must be one. The fc dev already abandoned their game, and as for the modders no one is forcing them, it's voluntarily their choice modding it, not to mention this 'modders' ignore the og developer rules, that is including 'pedo' content.

Making money of it isn't exactly that bad considering that their project is going to be ambitious, and no one wanted some moneyless job, hell everyone does, getting nothing out of it isn't going to make someone efforts and time put into it worth continuing. It isn't particularly new for games using others popularity, that is already a tactic in some in order to quickly grab popularity not only to games but also includes to youtubers (even famous people do it before), fanarts, and etc. As long it isn't purely cash-grab and has actual efforts put into, there is nothing to worry about.

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Hardship is not known for producing simps
Taking their frustrations out on others is what simps do lmao

No but seriously, though. The game has a nice premise. I hope this doesn't get abandoned anytime soon.

Lurkin23

May 15, 2021
Huh, oh! OH! Hell yeah! Fuck yeah!

Taking their frustrations out on others is what simps do lmao

No but seriously, though. The game has a nice premise. I hope this doesn't get abandoned anytime soon.
Ditto.

It's always sad when an interesting game gets abandoned.

legendppk

Aug 25, 2018
This sounds way, WAY too ambitious. Guaranteed to be abandoned for sure. Also, I'm not sure how popular it is for players to play as a slave. I know I have no interest in doing so, and I LOVE free cities.
I agree. I have no interest in Phase 1, 2, and 3 at all. It sounds like bullshit-naruto-filler content until the real game starts in phase 4.

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes