EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
banner.png

Overview:
Free Cities: Origins (FCO) is an HTML game developed using SugarCube 2 based on the famous Free Cities HTML game by FCAuthor. While FreeCities was a management-centric game, we wanted to give an RPG spin on it. In FCO you are thrown into the world years after the fall of modern civilization. The Gregorian calendar while still in use, has reset its year sometime in the past. You start as an unfortunate soul who is enslaved by slave owner Shintani Hiroyuki, who, unbeknownst to him, is obsessed with his Japanese heritage and seeks to rebuild the civilizations from the myths of old.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Warning: If you do not like gay or forced content, please do not pick the sexual slavery option.
Gameplay:

Thread Updated: 2023-09-24
Release Date: 2023-09-18
Developer: mimusstudios - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.2.2.7
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
All: - - - -
Others:

central_nipon-min.PNG audrey-min.PNG combat-min.PNG mei_inspect-min.PNG title_selection-min.PNG mei_sex-min.PNG finalization-min.PNG himari_molest-min.PNG trade-min.PNG shintaniHome-min.PNG playerMenu-min.PNG quests-min.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
The FC slaves were generated, I don't know all the mechanics of how the dev plans to implement the game but not all slaves will be able to get the same amount of attention to detail, images and general assets in the later parts of the game since it won't be easy to do enough handmade content and generating things will always feel like "something is missing". Just my 1/2 cent on this.

Regardless of how it's planned to be implemented, the truth is that the dev is aiming for something big, Free Cities was quite the popular game some time ago and it will be no easy task to try and make something to match a game like that especially with this being the dev's first project.

I do however, wish the dev the best of course. I will keep an eye on how this is going to turn out.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
This game is stylistically, both in overall game and UI design and mechanics, very similar to Masters of Raana. Like, the UI is almost identical. However, the dev of MoR did give this dev permission to copy those elements, so there's no problem.
It does state that MoR was an inspiration for the game, but it remains to be seen if this game will actually live up to the boots it's trying to fill or if it'll fall short. Free Cities and MoR are both fantastic games, and I'm hesitant to believe that any game can truly live up to the rich worldbuilding of MoR or the sheer depth of gameplay in FC, but if it works I will be very happy indeed. I will keep an eye on this one.

Last edited:

Izari777

Dec 2, 2017
An inspired version with a slave start eh? ... if you haven't already then I would recommend reaching out to the community currently maintaining the current version to see if they are interested in something like this

Jamsalad

Mar 22, 2018
Hopefully it ends up sharing a lot of the same kinks as the first game. Really like the sounds of this!

Reactions: Prius

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
The FC slaves were generated, I don't know all the mechanics of how the dev plans to implement the game but not all slaves will be able to get the same amount of attention to detail, images and general assets in the later parts of the game since it won't be easy to do enough handmade content and generating things will always feel like "something is missing". Just my 1/2 cent on this.

Regardless of how it's planned to be implemented, the truth is that the dev is aiming for something big, Free Cities was quite the popular game some time ago and it will be no easy task to try and make something to match a game like that especially with this being the dev's first project.

I do however, wish the dev the best of course. I will keep an eye on how this is going to turn out.
I absolutely agree, I was thinking of transitioning and just simply using the vector art system that FC uses. I used DAZ initially because I wanted to learn it. Ultimately the engine right now already supports randomly generated slaves though (but I haven't put any in yet). I'm absolutely thinking of scalability as my #1.

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes