• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Four Elements Trainer: Remastered [v0.1] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes
Sep 11, 2018
I was wondering if there is a written down walkthrough like in Book 1? Much easier to follow that way for me.
There used to be downloaded one but it was way back like book 2 when there was only one route. The is a walkthrough on lains git hub but it only covers to the end of book 2. It also does not give you what each ending is.

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
How di I skip crab battles? The changelog says they are skippable but I cant figure out how to actually access the cheat menu in book 3.

Unless there are crab battles in book 2 but I dont remember those.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
I'm starting up the the modded version but it's showing questions marks.
How di I skip crab battles? The changelog says they are skippable but I cant figure out how to actually access the cheat menu in book 3.

Unless there are crab battles in book 2 but I dont remember those.
Check the OP again, the mod only works only for both routes of book 2 for now. There are crab battles in the love route, and to use the cheats you have to click on the sun when in the map/town view.

Next is book 3, but it will be delayed because the modder is working for another game developer at the moment (see previous thread posts).

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
The link doesn't work?
both windows links do not work
I've taken the links down since the mod version is old and I haven't finished updating it yet.

I'm making good progress though.

New Scene Gallery Screen:
screenshot0001.png

Adding an in-game tutorial that explains the game mechanics (since the game doesn't have one but really needs one imo since nothing is really explained in Book 1):
tutorial.gif

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
While nothing is explained I feel you're doing alot of work for something not required, the game itself is very straight forward to the point the tutorial @ book one might be a little overbearing on your part. If you're going to do it regardless I mean good on you, I just enjoy the freedom you give us to reaccess the scenes from the past.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes