Mod Ren'Py Completed Follow the Leader - Walkthrough Enabler & Scene Restoration [1.0] [LightmanP]

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
please update the mod
the mod already IS updated. You can download the mod right now on patreon if you are one of his supporters.
If you are not willing to support the developer, you will have to wait until tomorrow when he will release his mod over here for free.

PS:
Alternative you always can use the attached universal mod which will work for 99% of all RenPy games :p
How to use URM Mod

Last edited:

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I'm honestly surprised more modders don't do this. I'm a Patron of Super Writer, but I usually wait for the mod before I play, so one more day won't kill me. Haha
true that - i really can't understand the fact that people wait a month or sometimes even several months until release of a new update, but then they don't have patience for a few days until a modder got time to update his mod, or give teir paying patreons a fair advantage - everything has to be dropped immediately for the mod to be updated....
... shame ... i just can shake my head about that

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
true that - i really can't understand the fact that people wait a month or sometimes even several months until release of a new update, but then they don't have patience for a few days until a modder got time to update his mod, or give teir paying patreons a fair advantage - everything has to be dropped immediately for the mod to be updated....
... shame ... i just can shake my head about that
Meh, I do understand instant gratification needs. There are a lot of little princes around. I can't for the life of me understand, how somebody can come to the conclusion that an unpolite, bossy oneliner will motivate anybody to work for a stranger. yes, it's still unpolite, even if you bother to put an "please" in.

Then again, there may be some people in the internet with less than adequate social and/or intellectual skills; like a 12 years old and/or basement dwellers.

Keldar

Jul 23, 2018
please update the mod
Meh, I do understand instant gratification needs. There are a lot of little princes around. I can't for the life of me understand, how somebody can come to the conclusion that an unpolite, bossy oneliner will motivate anybody to work for a stranger. yes, it's still unpolite, even if you bother to put an "please" in.

Then again, there may be some people in the internet with less than adequate social and/or intellectual skills; like a 12 years old and/or basement dwellers.
WTF are you smoking? Saying please update the mod isn't rude or impolite. It is a perfectly acceptable post to put on a modder's thread. It does two things...

1) It lets the mod author know a given mod needs to be updated. Mod authors don't hang around the site refreshing the latest games & update thread waiting to see when a game gets a new update. And posting on the mod's thread lets the thread author know when a game needs a mod update.

2) Activity on the thread lets the mod author know how much a mod is in demand.

Doing a one liner that is simply "please update the mod" is both helpful and a polite way to show interest and demand for a mod.

Complaining that a mod is behind a paywall for 24 hours is rude and clueless as 24 hours is hardly an inconvenience.

You came across like a little princess yourself telling people how unimpressed you are with people politely asking for a mod update.

Posting "update the mod" or "The mod needs updating," is rude. Posting "Please update the mod" isn't rude. Or writing, "The mod needs updating, thanks in advance." Is also not rude.

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
The updated mod has been added to the OP, enjoy!

Thank you to everyone who has been understanding of the small early access period for my mods. Honestly, I expected more pushback on it. I also didn't expect that much support on Patreon. If I knew I could get that much, I'd start it way earlier :) Seriously though, this has added motivation to work on mods, so hopefully, you will see more mods from me in the future. Since I'm doing the early access, I also basically drop everything and try to update a mod asap for those who support and so that other people don't have to wait long.

Unfortunately, it seems like my living situation will change drastically in the near future because of fucking Russia, so who knows what the future holds. Huge thanks to everyone supporting on Patreon!

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
WTF are you smoking? Saying please update the mod isn't rude or impolite. It is a perfectly acceptable post to put on a modder's thread. It does two things...

1) It lets the mod author know a given mod needs to be updated. Mod authors don't hang around the site refreshing the latest games & update thread waiting to see when a game gets a new update. And posting on the mod's thread lets the thread author know when a game needs a mod update.

2) Activity on the thread lets the mod author know how much a mod is in demand.

Doing a one liner that is simply "please update the mod" is both helpful and a polite way to show interest and demand for a mod.

Complaining that a mod is behind a paywall for 24 hours is rude and clueless as 24 hours is hardly an inconvenience.

You came across like a little princess yourself telling people how unimpressed you are with people politely asking for a mod update.

Posting "update the mod" or "The mod needs updating," is rude. Posting "Please update the mod" isn't rude. Or writing, "The mod needs updating, thanks in advance." Is also not rude.
Yeah, I take the crown... ;) Not the pink dress, tough, it doesn't suit me. I'll look like a pink balloon.

I am of the "oh shut up, [Insert Modder od Dev name here] has surely noted, and whatever they do, they'll do in their own time." faction. I feel that is nagging, and can't but read it in a petulant chils voice, especially when there are some in a row. Moreso, when a few posts before was stated clearly, why a mod isn't available (yet). You see that different, that's ok, because you actually have your reasons for it. I can tolerate that. I'll give you too: The please makes it much more agreeable.

And as much as I despise the patreon milkers, I'm totally fine with the x days delay for a done product.

Oh, and sadly I quit all and every kind of smoking some years ago. Maybe wouldn't so cranky, else.

Keldar

Jul 23, 2018
Yeah, I take the crown... ;) Not the pink dress, tough, it doesn't suit me. I'll look like a pink balloon.

I am of the "oh shut up, [Insert Modder od Dev name here] has surely noted, and whatever they do, they'll do in their own time." faction. I feel that is nagging, and can't but read it in a petulant chils voice, especially when there are some in a row. Moreso, when a few posts before was stated clearly, why a mod isn't available (yet). You see that different, that's ok, because you actually have your reasons for it. I can tolerate that. I'll give you too: The please makes it much more agreeable.

And as much as I despise the patreon milkers, I'm totally fine with the x days delay for a done product.

Oh, and sadly I quit all and every kind of smoking some years ago. Maybe wouldn't so cranky, else.
If you are a mod author with a dozen mods for games that all have varied release schedules and some don't even have set release schedules you are actually helped by being told a mod needs updating because despite what people think mod authors often mod more than they play because they get enjoyment out of creating mods. And they also have a life so they don't automatically know when a game gets a release. So it isn't petulant to ask for an update nor is it petulant to ask for an update when others have asked either. And the reason is it indicates DEMAND, this isn't useless info for a modder either, as it can help a developer know what game to work on first when there are multiple mods that need updating. Asking isn't rude in and of itself.

Also mod authors are not wilting flowers where the mere asking for a mod to be updated, need some white knight to smack that person down. Your posts on this topic come across as virtue signaling you want the world to know how great you are because you scolded someone who had the audacity to request a mod be updated. There is also a difference between asking and complaining a mod isn't done and you conflate asking with complaining. They are not the same thing.

How you ask makes all the difference and whether you feel entitled to the mod or not. Asking doesn't make you self entitled at all, asking like a jerk does. And based on the fact that the mod author gave my post a like i am not talking out of my ass either. It is perfectly possible for someone to be in the, "A mod author will update the mod in their own time camp" and also ask politely for a mod to be updated.

I've made my point and if you disagree fine, to each their own. i wont belabor this anymore nor do i want to harp on the issue.

Reactions: Hyperserver

Moffy

Sep 25, 2019
The mod is updated on my in a 24h early access. The OP will be updated after that.
I've also made a restoration patch for Anoushka's scene in the 3rd update as an optional download, already added to the OP.
Why was Anoushka's scene deleted?