2.40 star(s) 5 Votes

htakara82

Apr 14, 2020
This is what chatgpt say about Jiangmin
"

Jiangmin is not a virus, but rather an antivirus software company based in China. They develop antivirus and cybersecurity software to protect computers and networks from various forms of malware, including trojans and keyloggers. A keylogger is a type of software or hardware that records the keystrokes of a computer user without their knowledge, often used for malicious purposes. Jiangmin's antivirus products are designed to detect and remove such threats from computer systems, enhancing security and protecting against keyloggers and other malware. If you suspect that your computer is infected with a keylogger, you should consider using antivirus or anti-malware software to scan and remove the threat.

"

defnotalt

Jul 13, 2021
This is what chatgpt say about Jiangmin
"

Jiangmin is not a virus, but rather an antivirus software company based in China. They develop antivirus and cybersecurity software to protect computers and networks from various forms of malware, including trojans and keyloggers. A keylogger is a type of software or hardware that records the keystrokes of a computer user without their knowledge, often used for malicious purposes. Jiangmin's antivirus products are designed to detect and remove such threats from computer systems, enhancing security and protecting against keyloggers and other malware. If you suspect that your computer is infected with a keylogger, you should consider using antivirus or anti-malware software to scan and remove the threat.

"
Remove "China" and "Jiangmin" and this could apply to literally any antivirus/anti-malware program :ROFLMAO: classic chatGPT

Regarding the trojan flag, it's possible that the behavior of the executable somewhat imitates or ressembles a known keylogger, and is flagged (understandably) because of it. I don't particularly know any of the two security vendors, so my guess is as good as anyone else's. With that said, getting flagged as a potential keylogger and/or trojan (and consistently across several games of the same dev, according to some people here) is pretty rough and shouldn't be ignored imo.

It could be harmless behavior related to the game mechanics or engine, or could very well not be. It could prove useful to run some kind of behavioral analysis to see file accesses, external connections, etc.

htakara82

Apr 14, 2020
Remove "China" and "Jiangmin" and this could apply to literally any antivirus/anti-malware program :ROFLMAO: classic chatGPT

Regarding the trojan flag, it's possible that the behavior of the executable somewhat imitates or ressembles a known keylogger, and is flagged (understandably) because of it. I don't particularly know any of the two security vendors, so my guess is as good as anyone else's. With that said, getting flagged as a potential keylogger and/or trojan (and consistently across several games of the same dev, according to some people here) is pretty rough and shouldn't be ignored imo.

It could be harmless behavior related to the game mechanics or engine, or could very well not be. It could prove useful to run some kind of behavioral analysis to see file accesses, external connections, etc.
If the guy is from China and made it in chinese software, it's probably a bakedin component of the software.

okmedoit2

Jul 24, 2020
Chatgpt like all ai is trying to get elected as the one ai to buy and develop so they LIE when they don't know the answer or anything about the topic just like a politician.

How do you feel about the war in Israel? Well Madagascar never should've attacked them. Madagascar is at fault their leader Alex the lion must be stopped and Chris Rock is in on it. Cue 20 pages from the ai defending their stance on that, why they are right/why you don't understand. You'll have to corner them before they admit they were in error. Honesty is the last policy. Lie first until it stops working it's better than appearing weak/ignorant on a topic in this crazy world.

• Angry
Reactions: Rexaureus

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
While I like to see you guys not just downloading everything willy nilly you really ought to learn how to differentiate between legitimate hits and false positives. If one "literally who" marks the file as suspicious over at virustotal then it is almost a safe bet that it's a false positive. I vaguely recall playing one of this devs other games and I want to say that he uses an unusual engine, clickteam maybe? Can't remember, but it's more than likely that whatever engine he's using is not communicating well with a couple of vendors. Also, I've seen Jiangmin throw up a lot of false positives over the past year or so, I wouldn't personally trust them, especially if they're the only one seemingly finding anything. Something else to keep in mind is, just because it's labelled as a "keylogger" that doesn't mean it actually is as labels are automatically created depending on how the anti-virus reads the executable. I'm no AV expert by any means but it's possible that Jiangmin doesn't like how the executable reads key inputs and erroneously believes it's logging keystrokes, I know the clickteam engine to this day still gets flagged and it's as legitimate as any other game engine.

The people that upload here are pretty good about uploading clean files but nothing is guaranteed 100% safe, use your own judgement.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
FiveNightAtFredinaNSFW-Demo
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Jun 28, 2020
Looking over this, I would stay away from this program. After reading the prior thread about this dev I ran this game's exe through an analysis and it does some funky things with your registry. Namely read pretty much all of it, and do some weird DLL side loading. This could also be because its an EXE and it needs to load and install all the files and dependencies for it to work. Which is normal. But the way it does it is strange. It never reaches out and connects to anything it shouldn't but given the brief period of time I spent looking at the process tree and the registry reads, I wouldn't bother downloading.

The biggest glaring thing is it uses a process called SetWindowsHookEx which is used to inject DLLs into a process. Very suspicious stuff. A LOT OF KEYLOGGERS USE THIS TO INJECT THEMSELVES INTO YOUR KEYBOARD PROCESSES TO EXTRACT INPUT***

My two conclusions are this is a malicious program or acts as one and its not safe. Or the dev is incompetent and doesn't know how to load processes and DLLs properly into the Windows OS and is using more glaring tactics, WHICH IS STILL NOT SAFE!

Smollbo

Mar 12, 2021
From what i can tell it does not SEEM like a virus but use your own judgment i used Kaspersky and then used Malwarebytes to scan through it again after Kaspersky looked through task manager etc. i don't see anything suspicious but again use you're own judgment.

Feb 6, 2020
While I like to see you guys not just downloading everything willy nilly you really ought to learn how to differentiate between legitimate hits and false positives. If one "literally who" marks the file as suspicious over at virustotal then it is almost a safe bet that it's a false positive. I vaguely recall playing one of this devs other games and I want to say that he uses an unusual engine, clickteam maybe? Can't remember, but it's more than likely that whatever engine he's using is not communicating well with a couple of vendors. Also, I've seen Jiangmin throw up a lot of false positives over the past year or so, I wouldn't personally trust them, especially if they're the only one seemingly finding anything. Something else to keep in mind is, just because it's labelled as a "keylogger" that doesn't mean it actually is as labels are automatically created depending on how the anti-virus reads the executable. I'm no AV expert by any means but it's possible that Jiangmin doesn't like how the executable reads key inputs and erroneously believes it's logging keystrokes, I know the clickteam engine to this day still gets flagged and it's as legitimate as any other game engine.

The people that upload here are pretty good about uploading clean files but nothing is guaranteed 100% safe, use your own judgement.
click team was original use for programming os and game engines / software only recently it has been used for games. and there is one man to blame also the game did not set off my anti virus

Reactions: Smollbo

Smollbo

Mar 12, 2021
Well shit, I ran the exe without checking the comments or for viruses. First and last time I'm ever doing that. If anyone has any tips on how to do a complete removal of the trojan I'd greatly appreciate it, god I'm so dumb!
Use Kaspersky orrrr Malwarebyte. Me personally I never got anything out of it I scanned it with both think it's a false positive but download one of those and scan just to be safe

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
Well shit, I ran the exe without checking the comments or for viruses. First and last time I'm ever doing that. If anyone has any tips on how to do a complete removal of the trojan I'd greatly appreciate it, god I'm so dumb!
You're fine, it's a false positive. Looking over, this dev does indeed use clickteam fusion which doesn't play well with AV's.

Smollbo

Mar 12, 2021
You're fine, it's a false positive. Looking over, this dev does indeed use clickteam fusion which doesn't play well with AV's.
THANK GOD LMAO I initially was worried when I played it and scanned and wasn't getting anything bad glad there's an explanation thanks mate

Jack95K

Feb 28, 2020
I m so confused ,should I play this or not,Half saying it's a virus don't play and half saying it's false. Please help me

Smollbo

Mar 12, 2021
I m so confused ,should I play this or not,Half saying it's a virus don't play and half saying it's false. Please help me
From my experience it's a false positive cuz of the engine this guy uses. I checked with multiple anti viruses and scans seems like it's just a false positive and was kinda proven by this guy.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jack95K
2.40 star(s) 5 Votes