Yogi8156

May 23, 2018
May I have a copy of the save game from episode 1 with the save game in the basement. Mine was at dick's office after saying yes to merry him. I guess I missed something then

Maveric

Mar 14, 2018
the android version on a episode 2 need to be fixed i cant open with my phone huawei nova 3i idk why it cant open always crash the apk.....

Ardoo

Oct 26, 2018
I cant open the andriod its bug or only hapens to me anyone pls my phone is samsung s7 edge

Teal

Aug 8, 2016
Anyone got a high corruption save file? Really want to see the scene at the end at biff's show but nowhere near enough corruption. THanks!

lou9529

Dec 28, 2017
anyone have a save to get me past the "please use the save from the final location in the basement of the house" , so I can start episode 2? Thanks in advance.

peemf95

Mar 27, 2018
Hey guys anyone can share a method to get corruption points fast? or if not fast what are the events / actions one should take to achieve high corruption points?
House cleaning +1
Flyers +1
While giving away flyers there are 2 guys that give +1 (random chance if they appear or not): painter and guy who asks you to deliver joint. Both can be found on "Poor street".

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Finally tried out this Ren'py version, was giving it a chance to at least catch up to where RPGM version stopped... Holy crap tons of changes... Monica while still a total queen can be a lot nicer in this version, but it seems all her asshole tendencies transferred over to Fred who went from a decent guy in the old version, to a rapist asshole in this one...

Also the WT doesn't specify, but how do you trigger the scene between Fred and Christine ? When Fred goes back at night he flirts with her, she rejects him, and masturbates by herself in the bathroom before the scene goes back to Monica next morning... (I did play a nice Monica during the gas station part, meaning not breaking the bottle and threatening her).

tg

May 1, 2017
Also the WT doesn't specify, but how do you trigger the scene between Fred and Christine ? When Fred goes back at night he flirts with her, she rejects him, and masturbates by herself in the bathroom before the scene goes back to Monica next morning... (I did play a nice Monica during the gas station part, meaning not breaking the bottle and threatening her).
I had her break that bottle and stuff, and Fred was able to have a good scene with her when Monica went to sleep. So, I think you do need to play the bitch with her to get it. Actually, I think I remember the dialogue he uses, actually calling Monica out on her bitchiness. So, I think that's the path you need to take with that one. Not that I've ever had Monica be nice. At all, ever.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I had her break that bottle and stuff, and Fred was able to have a good scene with her when Monica went to sleep. So, I think you do need to play the bitch with her to get it. Actually, I think I remember the dialogue he uses, actually calling Monica out on her bitchiness. So, I think that's the path you need to take with that one. Not that I've ever had Monica be nice. At all, ever.
I believe you are right - Fred needs the leverage of offering the attendant a chance to avoid paying for the bottle to get her to go along with Fred's predation. No broken bottle, and she stays loyal to her BF.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Here's my two cents worth on ep 2-1: I liked the idea of starting Monica out with few options and thus few choices, but thought the gameplay presented too many phony choices, which slowed the game down and harmed enjoyment.

Games are about player decisions and their consequences. A game designer must be careful to make sure that the choices players get to make are meaningful, or a game will quickly get the rep of being a mere clickfest. Ep 2-1 presents a mixture of meaningful and meaningless choices. Luckily, it is entirely possible to eliminate most of the clearly meaningless choices without anything more than a minimal rework of dialogue.

The player is first presented (after an introduction that does a pretty decent job of recapping Ep 1 without repeating it) with the choice of "does Monica clean today or not?" I played the game for ten days without cleaning or getting a kebob to see what would happen (Monica just stole cake from the gas station and slept). That worked as a choice, though the driver didn’t talk to Monica and nothing happened in the story line. That still counts as a choice, though. The woman of the house never fired Monica.

Cleaning isn’t that onerous, which I appreciated. A couple of clicks, and move on. I also appreciate the "quick jump" ability in the house and the slums.

The distribution of the flyers was onerous, though. As someone pointed put earlier, it has the totally unnecessary (at least at the moment) additional dialogue choice of greeting the person or leaving; if I wanted to leave, I wouldn’t have had Monica approach them. Extra clicks are annoying, since they don’t actually represent a choice. The player “choice” here is trying to remember which encounters give increased corruption, rather than, say, which ones look like they’d take a flyer.

The endgame bit was well-done, except that Biff didn’t take advantage of any of his opportunities to humiliate Monica. He talked a big game, but didn’t deliver in the end.

Recommendations:

• Make some of the people Monica meets in the poor areas more scary. They guy dressed in black on the street (who assumes she is giving him an address) could be a lot scarier, for example. So could the two guys near the hostel.
  • Make Melanie a lot meaner to Monica, if Monica has been mean to her. She could, for instance, make Monica to strip off her dress in the office to get the final $1,000.
  • Have Biff take much more advantage of Monica, especially for the last $1,000.
  • Explain why Biff doesn’t recognize Monica when everyone else does (and doesn’t notice when they all refer to her as Monica). You could do this purely through dialogue: Monica could (after she “scares” him) explain that the real Monica paid for plastic surgery and voice lessons so that the real Monica would have a “body double” to handle boring situations or appear in public when Monica wanted to be somewhere else. Biff could explain that he knows where the real Monica is (he thinks she is at the ranch) and that “no one comes back from there.” He would then think that everyone else is fooled by the “Monica double” and the story would be tighter.
  • Add one scene: Monica, stripped and tied to an X-frame or something, with whip marks, as the final scene when she gets caught and sent to the ranch. This is happening enough to make such a “bad end” scene pay off. The bad end scene with Marcus in the jail just isn’t very interesting.

3.50 star(s) 218 Votes