• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family of Goddesses [v0.1] [Ero_Cafe]

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I agree with bobdillan, the incest tag brought me here and I'm disappointed that the mc is basically going to live with a mom's friend.

Since this is a new project, why not go straight to Subscribstar to make a proper taboo story instead of dancing around patreon's rule? Clearly that's the intention(live with a lady that could be your mom and two young ones that could be your sisters), because otherwise this is a vanilla story, "adopted" will push people back. I personally would never support a game like this since incest is my favorite genre and I don't considered this incest.

Think about it dev.

Reactions: shini.xxx1

Ero Cafe Studios

May 31, 2022
I agree with bobdillan, the incest tag brought me here and I'm disappointed that the mc is basically going to live with a mom's friend.

Since this is a new project, why not go straight to Subscribstar to make a proper taboo story instead of dancing around patreon's rule? Clearly that's the intention(live with a lady that could be your mom and two young ones that could be your sisters), because otherwise this is a vanilla story, "adopted" will push people back. I personally would never support a game like this since incest is my favorite genre and I don't considered this incest.

Think about it dev.
Actually "incest" wiki defines that step-relations count as well. Maybe the backstory hasn't yet been clear but the aunt here has been looking after the MC since he was a kid, thus the aunt developed a motherly affection towards him and the main reason why she wants to adopt him.
Anyway we can't change the storyline since it already began so I am sorry if it disappointed you. It's natural that not everyone should like something.

P.S Included an excerpt from the Wikipedia page for those who have confusion regarding the term (in our case we are using "Adoption" as our sub-incest theme,

[ Incest ( ) is between family members or close . This typically includes sexual activity between people in (blood relations), and sometimes those related by ( or ), adoption, or . ]

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Actually "incest" wiki defines that step-relations count as well. Maybe the backstory hasn't yet been clear but the aunt here has been looking after the MC since he was a kid, thus the aunt developed a motherly affection towards him and the main reason why she wants to adopt him.
Anyway we can't change the storyline since it already began so I am sorry if it disappointed you. It's natural that not everyone should like something.

P.S Included an excerpt from the Wikipedia page for those who have confusion regarding the term (in our case we are using "Adoption" as our sub-incest theme,

[ Incest ( ) is between family members or close . This typically includes sexual activity between people in (blood relations), and sometimes those related by ( or ), adoption, or . ]
Thanks for the reply, but guess I wasn't clear. I know when a person get adopted they are technically family on "paper". My point is that what makes the incest genre hot is the forbidden act between blood relatives family members and not what some paper says, so for me what I look for in games are the real mom, sister(s), grandma(s), aunt(s), cousin(s) and maybe niece(s) if she's old enough.

Anything else I classified as vanilla, even if they are step family or a nanny that took care of you since you were a baby. Hey, at the end of the day these are just my preferences, which is a shame since I loved the art, but heck some people doesn't even like the blood relations in games, so I'm sure you'll find you footing.

Best of luck with your project ;).

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016

Lazy writing is still fkn lazy writing, just cause you can use some roundabout bullshit to justify it, doesn't change anything.

MC getting adopted as an adult just after his mom literally died, so you can shoe-horn it in, and call your mom roleplay incest, is pathetic.

If you make a patch, where it makes her an aunt that does that, then sure (I get patreon is trash), but if you leave as is, then it is a joke, and you are just trying to draw in people with a premise that is a lie.
Adoption only really counts, if they were actually a mother to MC, not "O you an adult now, and your mother just died, here let me adopt you and replace her cause she doesn't matter at all.".

Not to mention, it makes your MC come accross as a piece of trash, that has no respect for his actual mother.

Just cause you can do something, doesn't mean you should. But enjoy getting the tiniest fraction of the incest crowd... cause most will ignore it because it is a joke.
And then people who don't like it probably won't play either, so like you aren't winning anything by doing that shit story plotline, cause you don't get a lot of the incest crowd, and the normal crowd well you losing those that don't like incest at all, and you also losing people who don't like shitty writing XD

Ero Cafe Studios

May 31, 2022
Thanks for the reply, but guess I wasn't clear. I know when a person get adopted they are technically family on "paper". My point is that what makes the incest genre hot is the forbidden act between blood relatives family members and not what some paper says, so for me what I look for in games are the real mom, sister(s), grandma(s), aunt(s), cousin(s) and maybe niece(s) if she's old enough.

Anything else I classified as vanilla, even if they are step family or a nanny that took care of you since you were a baby. Hey, at the end of the day these are just my preferences, which is a shame since I loved the art, but heck some people doesn't even like the blood relations in games, so I'm sure you'll find you footing.

Best of luck with your project ;).
Yeah I understand what you are saying. Pure incest is a thing. Anyway thanks for checking out :)

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Yeah I understand what you are saying. Pure incest is a thing. Anyway thanks for checking out :)
It's not even that at this point... like this shouldn't have incest at all, the adoption plotline is stupid, just remove it and leave it at mom roleplay. That way you actually respect MC's mother that died XD