• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Matters [v0.3a] [PingPanda]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes
R

RWaites Jnr

( )

I wanted to pop on again real quick to share a little something with you all and keep you updated about rewards.

So the image above is just a little something to say sorry for the lack of rewards, I've just been so focused on the game I really haven't been thinking to much about patreon on it's rewards.

I'm currently using Shadow to render the $20 reward which should be ready to share on the 10th.

I plan on totally revamping and reworking the patreon page to better reflect rewards and will be switching things around a little, I'm not sure when I'll be doing it, but it'll more than likely be when FMR is ready for release.

I would also love to say that the quality of image above is what FMR will be like, sadly it won't, I only discovered this new technique a few days ago and I'm already so far into FMR that I can't justify going back to improve the quality, therefore I'll use the style above for the odd comic and random images.

I'll also be using it once DD is finished and I move onto the next game.

Reactions: DrackDrap
R

RWaites Jnr

[ NSFW ] November Animation
Seems a little glithchy but looks fine to me =]
I think the next will be even better, fine tuning and improving each time =]

Reactions: DrackDrap and Fear
R

RWaites Jnr

NSFW...ish ] Update on the release and shiz
So I've been thinking for a while now that I want the game to work as episodes rather than general version but I wasn't sure on how those episodes should be stacked.
I've been looking at other games and have come to the decision and decided that I want the game to be release on a per-day basis.
So once a day in FMR has come to a close, that'll be the end of the episode.
Some releases will of course be larger than others but I think that'll be the best bet.
In terms of this release, we're almost at it's end.
I just have 2 maybe 3 more scenes to do and then it'll be done, so expect a release at some point next week
12.png

R

RWaites Jnr

I have 95% of all the scenes setup now, I just need to set up 1 last scene to setup and another 3-4 scenes to finish render then we'll be good to start coding.
I expect to have the last scene ready/finished for tomorrow and then I'll be able to start coding.
FMR will keep all the old goodness but also offer a lot of new things that I don't want to go into detail with but I'm sure you'll all love it xD
Should have some previews ready for tomorrow as well.
Also, not going to say who with but there may be a little penetration for someone ¬.¬

R

RWaites Jnr

Unlocked
Remember That One...More...Scene...?
Whew, alright...so...
This may come across as bad news for some, but, at the same time it may also come across as good news...I mean, personally I think it's great news but others may disagree.
Anyway, my plan way to finish up this last scene and then start on the coding and hope to have a release out by Sunday.
I now feel like Sunday may not be the date I release it, simply because the more I work on this one last little scene, the bigger it's growing into a much much bigger scene.
Now, I could do what I'd normally do and leave it as a small scene then go back at a later date and extend or rework it, but as I've said before, no more reworks or redo's.
With FMR I want to get every right first time around.
Anyway, the scene was originally going to be the final scene with...the older lady...with only 1 option, to touch her tits...
However, as I got to the scene and started working on it I got to a point where I thought "Okay...I could do that one option...or I could throw in another option here...and-ermm...hmmm, yeah, I could also put something else in here..."
Anyway, that 1 scene has now turned into 2 scenes with 2 options each, pretty much turning it into 4 micro scenes xD
As I've stated in the past as well, I'm not really sticking to an "official" release date, simply going to make predictions and hope I get it right.
But, if the game needs time, it'll need time, TRUST ME, you'll like it xD

Reactions: Moria
R

RWaites Jnr

Took a little longer than I would have hoped but I've finally finished setting up all the renders for FMR.
The current CG count is around 780 ( not including animations ).
The length of the game is the same as FM v0.3 and is possibly actually a little longer as I've extended certain scenes and even threw in some new ones.
I do my renders in section of 60 ( when posing ), so section 1 will have 60 renders, section 2 will have 60 renders and so on and so fourth.
I'm currently in the process of rendering section 10 and there's 13 sections in total, so another 3 sections to render.
While those 3 sections are rendering I'm going to focus on getting started with the coding and hope to have the base code for everything including menu, GUI and everything else done for tonight so then tomorrow I can get started straight onto just adding in the scenes which is the easiest part xD

R

RWaites Jnr

FMR vs FM - Why I Stopped It.
I just wanted to quickly share a little something as to what the new FMR is going to look like and give a little more insight as to why I stopped production on FM in the first place,
I'd probably say the main reason I quit was due to starting the game, getting to version 2 and then discovering MOTH.
MOTH was quite possibly the biggest reason for me quitting FM the first time around.
It was the first game I'd played that had the free-roam feature ( I'm sure there was games before that with the feature, but it's the first I'd played ).
And me being me had to get a slice of that action which led to the birth of DD.
Now I'm not saying I regret DD, although it has it's flaws, I still believe it could be a good game given a good enough release ( I really need to spend more time working on the game and less time doing real world shit like cleaning and vising family ¬.¬ ).
Anyway, I don't want to blame everything on MOTH, but not only was the free-roam a massive influence as to why I stopped FM and started DD, another reason would be the renders.
Seeing games coming out like Milfy City and Dreams of Desire, the shear beauty of there renders really made me feel shameful about FM.
Now I'm not saying I think FMR will be anywhere close to the quality of MC or DOD but I do feel it's a shit ton better than what FM was.
When I first started production on FM I'd find myself finishing v1 then before starting on v2 I'd be going back through v1 redoing shit, redoing renders and just generally starting again.
I did the exact same shit with DD to.
The reason for these redo's and restarts was simply out of shame, I was shameful of the shit I was producing and as I kept going I was learning new and better ways of doing stuff and figured the old shit would look better with the new shit, hence the restarts.
I now feel very comfortable with my level of rendering and coding knowledge to make a damn good run of FMR and make it into the game FM should have been.
To put into scale the level of shit that's gone into FMR, let me give you a little information about it and where I'm at compared with FM.
So, with FM the furthest I got was v0.3 which took me around 5 months to complete with all the redo's and restarts in there.
The image above on the right is from FM and that probably took me around 2 hours to render.
The image on the left is from the new FMR and thanks to Shadow, only took me 23 minutes ( could probably shave that time down if I actually timed it :p ).
Anyway, my point is, I've managed to squeeze 5 months of FM work into 1 month of FMR work.
That time frame is where I should have been all along but when I was working on FM I also had a full time job so that somewhat accounts for the time difference.
But, now, working on FMR, not only am I working on the game I'm also a full time carer for my Dad so my time is juggled between the game and him but even with looking after him I still managed to squeeze 5 months work into 1.
I'm very happy about this and can't wait to see what v0.2 offers in terms of content =]
v0.2 won't come until I've done v0.3 of DD though as I'm not going to abandon that game as well.
I was thinking about maybe doing mini updates rather than a full month update.
Like v0.1 of FMR, then v0.2.5 of DD, then v0.1.5 of FMR or something along those lines, just a way to get things out faster.
And another thing, I talked a while ago about FMR being episode based, I've since changed my mind on that and will instead be doing it version based instead.
Hope this letter finds you well, All my love, Luke =]
1543325781114.png 1543325781114.png

R

RWaites Jnr

Revised Plan...
I was trying my very very best to try and get everything done within the span of this month...however, I fear I may have failed.
The reason for this is I've just been rendering 60 renders in Shadow and upon reviewing them it seems I set the render time a little low and the quality has turned out shit.
Which means I now need to render 36 of those 60 images as 24 turned out acceptable and also need to render the last scene which is a further 82 renders.
Anyway, total render time on all those is something like 4-5 days which would take me to the 2nd-3rd of December which isn't bad I guess, just a little pissed off I won't be getting it out for this month.
That being said, after this release I will be working on more micro release doing smaller content updates with a faster time frame ( I'm thinking every 2-3 weeks ).
Also, as a little thank you for being patient, I'll be releasing a NSFW animation for all patrons on the 30th of this month!

Reactions: Fear and Moria
R

RWaites Jnr

Issues With Amanda...FMR
I know this isn't what people want to hear at this point of production, but I've ran into a slight issue with Amanda.
Basically, her vagina was a mess, the texture for her lady parts and the rest of her skin just stopped matching for no apparent reason and you could clearly tell there was a skin colour difference ( see photo below ).

As you can see from the image above there is a clear difference in colour.
To some that wouldn't be an issue but to others it'll be a big problem, including myself.
So, what does this issue mean for the game and it's release?...
Well, not much i I'm being honest, I've had to redesign the Amanda character ( as shown above ) and the difference between the 2 is...well, minimal.
That being said, due to the minialisticness ( <-- yes, that's a word, look it up in the dictionary of Luke ¬.¬ ) of changes I WILL NOT!! be re-rendering every image with the current Amanda in it.
All I'll need to do is re-render images with her lady parts in which is a total of 17 which will take around 15 minutes to render each one ( so that'll add a delay of around 4-5 hours to the release ), which isn't really that bad.
I think what I'll most likely do is use the image on the left ( the original ), for any body/face shots and use the one of the right for close up shots of the vagina.
20.png 19.png

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes