refferee

Jul 11, 2020
The game isn't abandoned - I doubt it ever will be. And while I've now learned not to make any promises or concrete statements, I am still working in the game intermittently. I just haven't been able to make it anything close to a priority for some time. Happy Christmas everyone.
Merry Christmas (even if it's late), happy holidays and hope things go well for you!

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
It's fine as an artistic choice. The brain bug is the real protagonist. We're technically not playing as Zoe, we just control the parasite nested inside her. The brain bug's second-person perspective is fitting. It's the one in control of Zoe's actions and orders her around. Although we have insight of her thought process, there's enough room for her to surprise both the audience and the brain bug. We know she's corrupted by the brain bug, but these moments remind us she's capable of acting separate from the parasite. She doesn't embody the brain bug's every demand, but she's conditioned to act for its every demand.

Felicia Smith

Apr 12, 2019
I have a question for the community here: do people enjoy the voice of the brain bug, or would they prefer Zoe's parasitic compulsion to be presented in a more subtle manner?
I think its a pretty decent story device, it has to have a pretty consistent personnality and edge but It brings some refreshing contrast to the softer nature of the character by being more acidic, extreme. Eventually I can see the relationship turning into something more complicite as Zoe fully blooms and starts corrupting the world around her.

Maybe having some diverging tension between them in different stages even as she reaches corruption could be interisting. Zoe being surprisingly inventive etc As they become more symbiotic you can bounce emotions back and forth between her inner voices (just had a flash of Zoe having her own fully fledged voice as she reaches full parasitic status, like a replica of the bug but zoe style, broodmother, eventually reaching an expression that far outmatches the bug. Awe? Dont mind me)

To me the bottom line is that having a consistent parasitic voice allows it to be something else than the mundane and overused classic corruption arcs. Because contrast (that's the whole point of narrative obstacles is it not ? Revealing character.)

Last edited:

Snakemann

Jul 6, 2020
I like that there is a ongoing conflict. The Parasite and Zoe want different things, even if the later one gets corrupted more and more. Thats a nice Plotline. And nice to hear from you. We'll wait paitently.

Last edited:

Vvsttannat

Mar 9, 2018
I have a question for the community here: do people enjoy the voice of the brain bug, or would they prefer Zoe's parasitic compulsion to be presented in a more subtle manner?
I kind of like it both ways. An intelligent and conniving monologue makes it feel like you're some sort of criminal mastermind, but I'd say that without voice it'd be equally unnerving to think just what in the hell is that damn thing thinking.

If I had to choose one, though, I might say the latter one. It leaves the door open for more RP options for the player on the reasons behind the whole enslaving & breeding ordeal.

Either way, great to hear from you! Family Infestation is easily one of the best games around.

Reactions: Pizznazz

JeagerAnima

Oct 27, 2020
I think the story is good like this. Ultimately it is your decision and you have already garnered a good sized fan-base just from this one game. I do have an idea though (up too you whether to implement it or not, great game regardless) to make the parasite more of a background noise, similar to an inner conscience or a voice at the back of the mind that slowly drives the MC to do the things she does, or set it as an option to have the play style like this after the game is closer to completion, I think a difficulty system could be interesting later on. Either way its a great story and I am eagerly awaiting the next update and honestly don't care how you do it cause I believe that you have the potential to create a true masterpiece.

Pizznazz

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2017
Thank you all for the feedback, guys! I've decided to keep the brain bug's voice but introduce it's presence and control a little more gradually.

I'm currently going back over all the existing content, tightening the writing, story and mechanics, while also fixing some of the coding which was, quite frankly, a hot mess!

ReinertZerker

May 28, 2020
Woah wait, what this game is still being developed? There is a God. Fantastic work, keep it up!
Is there a way to get Zoe knocked up by the dog?

Pizznazz

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2017
Woah wait, what this game is still being developed? There is a God. Fantastic work, keep it up!
Is there a way to get Zoe knocked up by the dog?
It's not in the game yet, but the plan is that i you follow the route, then it's a hard yes. I mean, if it's got a cock and balls, whether or not it was born with them, it'll be able to impregnate Zoe one way or another.

May 26, 2018
It's not in the game yet, but the plan is that if you follow the route, then it's a hard yes. I mean, if it's got a cock and balls, whether or not it was born with them, it'll be able to impregnate Zoe one way or another.
Doing all of that in twine is straight up impressive. but also just a general pain to implement. So I wish you the best of luck with that. If you're ever looking to start hosting the game online for people to play feel free to contact me and I'll hook you up.

Pizznazz

Game Developer
Apr 24, 2017
Doing all of that in twine is straight up impressive. but also just a general pain to implement. So I wish you the best of luck with that. If you're ever looking to start hosting the game online for people to play feel free to contact me and I'll hook you up.
Oh cool. I'd often wondered about doing that. I'll get in touch when the next version is ready to go. Cheers!

Reactions: JeagerAnima
May 26, 2018
Oh cool. I'd often wondered about doing that. I'll get in touch when the next version is ready to go. Cheers!
You're welcome to message me here, or dm me, I am in your discord server. I am likely to respond on discord much faster than here, as I only check F95 once every couple of days to a week unless I have an active conversation going.

JeagerAnima

Oct 27, 2020
Dude the idea is brilliant I could play it on mobile finally

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes