• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Fairwood Retreat 87 [v0.2 Ch.1] [Sakura Blossom Games]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
That's a lot of potential love interests in the banner to be missing a certain tag. But considering it appears to be a summer camp slasher, that problem may take care of itself.
Not all of those girls will be what you'd call "love interests", more that, that banner is of the female cast that you'll see in the main game itself. Even the MC is among those girls. All of those girls will not be seen till the next release on-wards, which takes place after this current release (prologue).

Also as a warning this is not a happy-go harem fairy tale where every character falls in love and jumps in bed with the MC. Is plenty of harem games, with every five minutes a sex scene on this site that the community can play at any time. (This note is less for you and more the wider audience, who will expect a harem sex fest). There will be sex, but more meaningful, erotic, and appropriately timed.

And from your comment, I think that you'll be very perceptive on what to expect regarding the "cast". Those who are fans of 80's culture in general as well as your generic 80's horror, mystery, psychological, thriller slasher flicks, you'll know what to expect. And I am pleased with what comes much later in the story, but none of that I'll be revealing. And I am going to be quite tight-lipped in general regarding what will happen later in the game. :p

Last edited:

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
Judging by the screenshots, the game has cool renderings
Thank you, am pleased that you think so. Am not an amazing creator, nor have the massive big end pc's to compete with some of the most worthwhile devs on here, for even I have some inspirations on here. But I like to be humble and try my best. As long as I continue to enjoy what I do and love the outcome of what I make and at least some of you out there end up liking my work, then that is good enough for me, to make the journey worth it in the end. :)

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
A very mature response there(y), that I do really like in general. Having played hundreds of vn's myself I have played a lot of harem (sleep with every character routine). You won't be sleeping or get the chance to sleep with every girl in this game, nor will you get to be in a harem with the girls that you can. This game is more personal and realistic as you'd expect in real life, especially back then. Is a lot of games out there (no end if anyone wants that, whether HS, Unity, DAZ3D etc, even Steam games now) when it comes to flat out harems.

Bare in mind i'll on here and (mostly will talk in future development on my discord server), not go into much spoiler details on my game as I want you all who decide to play and hopefully enjoy it, to enjoy things when they happen.

This is set in the 80's and I want it to be as faithful as I can to it, given the natural restrictions that I come up against (so it won't be perfect as even asset wise I have limitations). For the younger lot to put in perspective, this is the generation of Vinyl records, music casette tape walkmans, crazy hair styles and trends, music as well as no internet/mobile phones. Was not even DVD's back then.

There is no rape for example (so people will think okay this is a happy game?). No. There will be enjoyment, calm and what you'd expect a normal summer camp to be. You'll bond with people, smile and you'll have drama and fall out. The NTR in question as I stated is with one girl, and that girl most people should be able to put 1+2 together, to figure out that she'd be the sort of girl to do that.

Exactly. I want to avoid having 1000s of choices and branching routes where the game and it's code is so messed up (which sadly a fair few, even respected devs fall into), but want to where appropriate (and without promising in stone), make meaningful choices/paths. And you're no superhuman. You will be made as the reader to feel vulnerable and the biggest red flag that anyone may have in this game is that

(Do not read if you don't want a big spoiler thrown in)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This game is for a mature audience (not in the sexual sense) but the theme and mentality. I stopped making my college/uni game, which i had a big first chapter release all ready to drop out last year (but didn't release); however decided I was done following the crowd to contribute to the same type of game that everyone plays. Is like in anime where for 10+ years companies milked the "Isekai" genre to the point of saturation along with other personal reasons. So this game is and always will be in my image, what I want it to be, story, sense of direction as well as the conclusion. Is why I'm keeping full creative control in the rendering, writing, coding, planning and execution of this game from start to finish.

Think this massive whopping paragraph is a nice insight to the mentality and approach am taking for this game:cool:

If anyone is/will be interested in my game, please consider giving this thread a thumbs up or heart and consider leaving a review, even if a W.I.P one (to update as the game updates) to help this thread in the algorithm in respect to all of the amazing games already out there. :love:

Last edited:

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
Young girls, Summer retreat, a camp tucked away in the forest,
...but, no badass NPC in the vein of JASON?

My immersion is ruined! lol

View attachment 2642323
THX for sharing...

Congrats on the new release. It's an interesting mystery genre game.
Hopefully it won't be abandoned, when the plot becomes popular and overused by other developers.
In any case, you know for your next project, the monster girl genre never loses its luster... :p
Thank you for the lovely comment. I hope that I don't disappoint. I happen to be really pleased with the "upcoming late-game twists" that I have planned for the "WHO/WHAT/WHY". For you lot will know WHEN and WHERE already aka in a summer camp in Fairwood Forest, during the summer. But those first three questions are the big ones, and it won't necessarily be what any of you would initially think, even if those "things" you'd assume did have an inspiration on me, along with my endless list of inspirations that I have/already had.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

CrimsonRik

Jul 6, 2021
Thank you for the lovely comment. I hope that I don't disappoint. I happen to be really pleased with the "upcoming late-game twists" that I have planned for the "WHO/WHAT/WHY". For you lot will know WHEN and WHERE already aka in a summer camp in Fairwood Forest, during the summer. But those first three questions are the big ones, and it won't necessarily be what any of you would initially think, even if those "things" you'd assume did have an inspiration on me, along with my endless list of inspirations that I have/already had.
Idk what to say. Is there no H-activity in this version whatsoever?

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
Idk what to say. Is there no H-activity in this version whatsoever?
Thank you for visiting the thread. Not at this current time as it's just the prologue aka a scene that takes place ten years prior to the game. If you just want sex as in every few minutes, then this won't be the game for you am sorry. But if you want to see when there is sex scenes then i'd say come back after a few updates. I do have a very erotic scene planned at the end of the first chapter, but I'd advise people not to just play my game for the sex as that's not entirely the only purpose to the game. Want to focus on the story more, which will make the sex more worthwhile and erotic when they do happen, as well as flow more naturally. :)

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Fairwood Retreat, a title that Daniels K would approve :LOL:

Anyway, an all-girl summer camp sounds like a really boring experience for the ladies. Or maybe...? :Kappa:
Those renders look fabulous.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Not at this current time as it's just the prologue aka a scene that takes place ten years prior to the game.
That is what I was wondering, thanks for that. Was curious on the timeline of this prologue and if it was current, or in the past.

So tried it out, and it definitely does have that 80's campy horror/thriller vibe to it already. Always loved me some classic slashers growing up, so this seems right up my alley. Prologue is pretty short, but it does a good job of getting the setting right. Even the text popups have that classic horror style lol.

Curious how far the dark themes are going to go, as those classic slashers were always pretty gory and they loved to show those gruesome details. Not to mention the amount of boobs and late night skinny dipping and being killed while having sex lol.

Either way, while there isn't a lot of content here, it still looks pretty good. I grew up in the 80's, so this has some nostalgia for me. Loved all these campy slasher flicks. Curious to see how well this does in future updates, as I'm excited to see how it plays out.

Best of luck with your project, and thanks! ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: SakuraBlossomGames
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote