README F95zone Survival Guide - A guide to making everyone happy

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I would like to gain some clarity on rules interpretation if I may?

I feel that the constant negative posts about updates and developer timelines serve no benefit yet incite grief, anger, or irritation.

This is by definition, to me, trolling.

Am I wrong to report the posts as such? If a thread is abandoned or even on hold I will ignore any posts but if they are in good standing particularly if they are a game/developer I like I get irritated at a minimum with the constant complaints. But I also do not want to go against site rules as I like this site and wish to remain, maybe if I am lucky with goodwill even.

Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I would like to gain some clarity on rules interpretation if I may?

I feel that the constant negative posts about updates and developer timelines serve no benefit yet incite grief, anger, or irritation.

This is by definition, to me, trolling.

Am I wrong to report the posts as such? If a thread is abandoned or even on hold I will ignore any posts but if they are in good standing particularly if they are a game/developer I like I get irritated at a minimum with the constant complaints. But I also do not want to go against site rules as I like this site and wish to remain, maybe if I am lucky with goodwill even.

Thank you for your time.
Context matters: sometimes the criticisms lend to reasonable conversation. Some OT is not always bad and/or may not sustain itself and quickly die out - so, we don't always need to purge.

If they instead send everything into debate about the Dev and things that have little to do with the actual game, then that's Off-Topic and reports are reasonable to submit, IMHO.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jaw1986baby

HEKAU

Oct 13, 2018
I don't know if this is posted somewhere but I wanted to know how to be able to post 3 Fan Signatures for the signature section to one's profile?

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I don't know if this is posted somewhere but I wanted to know how to be able to post 3 Fan Signatures for the signature section to one's profile?
Its a feature. No one is allowed to have more than 2 sig available. Even if you put more, it will only show the first 2.

HEKAU

Oct 13, 2018
Its a feature. No one is allowed to have more than 2 sig available. Even if you put more, it will only show the first 2.
So how is it exactly that so many users have 3 signatures on their posts then?

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
So how is it exactly that so many users have 3 signatures on their posts then?
The ones I have seen, have been 1 image that is 3 signatures together. If someone does have 3 individual images, report the post or account. As that is breaking our signature rules.

Jun 20, 2017
If a game has a piece of content in the form of a free optional DLC, not hosted here and not bundled with the base game, but which breaks rule 7: Does the game get banned or is it allowed to stay?

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
If a game has a piece of content in the form of a free optional DLC, not hosted here and not bundled with the base game, but which breaks rule 7: Does the game get banned or is it allowed to stay?
It would have to be reviewed and then we will decide from there. Open a ticket and provide a download link or where we can get it.

Jun 20, 2017
It would have to be reviewed and then we will decide from there. Open a ticket and provide a download link or where we can get it.
The game in question is Fleeting Iris. Though the developer has cleared a misconception of mine. It's not actually a DLC, it's a stand-alone side-game named Fleeting Iris IF that will feature the Shota content. The main game itself won't have any content like that.

MannyTearson92

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
Honestly, I'm probably kicking my own a** for this but question, to be safe.

Is there a different way one have to send a message to the Staff members about the rules? I only have questions, no judgements like I've seen in a bunch of posts. I'm trying to create a game but I don't want to break the rules. And everyone seems to have their own rules on what's allowed and not allowed on specific rules. So I'm pretty much looking for someone to actually discuss the rules with so that neither me or this site gets in trouble. Of course, I understand the discussing about games. But it does help to know if I'm wasting my time on it and need to focus on something else. That kind of thing.

-Manny​

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Honestly, I'm probably kicking my own a** for this but question, to be safe.

Is there a different way one have to send a message to the Staff members about the rules? I only have questions, no judgements like I've seen in a bunch of posts. I'm trying to create a game but I don't want to break the rules. And everyone seems to have their own rules on what's allowed and not allowed on specific rules. So I'm pretty much looking for someone to actually discuss the rules with so that neither me or this site gets in trouble. Of course, I understand the discussing about games. But it does help to know if I'm wasting my time on it and need to focus on something else. That kind of thing.

-Mann​
You might consider a ticket addressing your game content in question. We can discuss how the rules may/may not apply.

Reactions: MannyTearson92

MannyTearson92

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
You might consider a ticket addressing your game content in question. We can discuss how the rules may/may not apply.
Thanks for telling me. I managed to talk to a group of staffs I think shortly afterwards. It seems everything resolves around tickets. I didn't know that, to be honest. I thought messaging through the PM was the way to go. Lol. Thank you again for telling me.

I kind of came to the conclusion of "Just do it anyway" and if something is wrong, maybe I can figure it out and change some of it. I am an Artist, after all.

Feb 9, 2020
I want to thank you and the other moderators for all the awesome work you guys do. F95zone is in a class by itself. I am always impressed everytime I spend time here. The resources and info are very useful. The community is really cool and welcoming and knowledgeable. I have a game under development I recently decided that F95zone will be the first place I make it available when its presentable. The big main stream social media sites could learn something from F95zone about how to do things right. I could go on but just wanted to let you know that you guys are appreciated. <bow> -spiritofrabbit

Reactions: Heronator

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Is it appropriate to Report a thread that's in the wrong forum? Like a recommendation thread in General Discussions?