[F95 GOTY Award Nominees!]

Glew

Jul 1, 2017
Are you really going for the taste of your nomination? So single people who scream first here get a place? Well not really believable. 10% of the community celebrate their favorite game. You would have to go after which games are up and when and how many views it generated until then because update is talk and this generated views.

2nd example.
Man of the House launched in June 2017 with nearly 9 million views and you really want to nominate Acting Lession? I do not understand your system.

repuindy

Jun 11, 2017
I am for Acting Lessons. It has been devasting, it makes me laugh, almost cry, to excite, feeling sad, angry, pratically i need some therapy now...
@defilerr Anyway is "Lessons" not "Lession"

Glew

Jul 1, 2017
You are writing F95 GOTY 2018 nomination? Please put it then properly!

A better system Would be the 20 best Views in the forum to evaluate for example, when the games are started flies out before 2017 then you make a poll and then the choice. Everything else is cheese and you just celebrate your favorite game among you and not with the whole community of the F95 forum.

So that was my last comment. Have fun with your fake election of GOTY 2018 and a Merry Christmas.

Reactions: Mark17

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
In my humble opinion Acting Lessons deserves GOTY status more than any other game featured on f95zone! If you have played Acting Lessons you will know that at some point it is hard not to care about what happens to the characters in the story. It is a very rare thing to see in the games featured on this site. Respect and kudos to @DrPinkCake for creating such a compelling storyline and a splendid character gallery! Most developers tend to delay new releases but as far as I know each new edition of Acting Lessons has been released ahead of or on schedule.
Now that it is completed I just hope to see the smurfy goddess Rena in more games in the future!

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
It's a close run thing between Milf City and Depraved Awakening for me, they both are extremely good at fulfilling their remit. DA is perhaps the best pure VN I've played from this site, the only one that gets close is acting lessons but for me the noir styling and the fact that all elements of the story and sex lock together better DA beats AL for me at the moment. As for Milf City it really is a step up for ICSTOR, he's fixed a lot of his old bad habits(no more 12 year old protagonist, yipee!) and wit hthe addition of a writer combined with some excellent renders he fills the "lightweight" game niche perfectly, it's not a game where you need to worry about story, even though it is a better executed story(ies) than previous ICSTOR stuff but really all the plot needs to do is facilitate the sex and it does it brilliantly.

IMO DA is the better game, it helps that DA is complete and the other two aren't, as such this is the last year it will be entered whereas Milf City has a good 6-12 months left i think and AL has one update yet to come. In terms of pure popularity Milf City will win, it's easily the most played and anticipated game on this site, i thought DoD would be the king of hype for a while but no, not even close and Milf City deserves a lot more of the hype than a lot of games do.

In short Milf City uses an established formula and does it particularly well, DA is less "by the numbers" and thus is more engaging for me.

Reactions: Namco15

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
50% of the people here in the forum have a Milfy City Signature. So please ask again for the game of the year 2018! Yes it is ...... drum whirl ........ Milfy City!

So on edge Milfy City was launched in January and has since generated 8.4 million views in the forum for having spent other games years.
All that says to me is 50% of the people here have shit taste in games.

It's a generic shitty incest game with above average animations. There are several games mentioned in this thread with good characters and a well put together plot and you think that shower of Camel shit is the best game on the site?

If I pull something from the amount of laughter i'm aiming in your general direction I won't be impressed.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
You are writing F95 GOTY 2018 nomination? Please put it then properly!

A better system Would be the 20 best Views in the forum to evaluate for example, when the games are started flies out before 2017 then you make a poll and then the choice. Everything else is cheese and you just celebrate your favorite game among you and not with the whole community of the F95 forum.

So that was my last comment. Have fun with your fake election of GOTY 2018 and a Merry Christmas.
That's just a popularity contest, doesn't mean those games deserved to the be the GOTY just like blockbuster films rarely are the best (or good).

Back on topic, I would like to submit Mythic Manor, it's a good game in every aspect it proposes to, got a big following and a model development always giving a lot of content per update and without dragging the stairway to heaven for years.

Shadowcrow

Oct 10, 2016
That's just a popularity contest, doesn't mean those games deserved to the be the GOTY just like blockbuster films rarely are the best (or good).

Back on topic, I would like to submit Mythic Manor, it's a good game in every aspect it proposes to, got a big following and a model development always giving a lot of content per update and without dragging the stairway to heaven for years.
I agree here, Mythic Manor for me has been always very nice to see when the updates come out.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Well, in this list, only "Depraved Awakening" deserve an award. But there's so many forgot games (Love and Submission, Long Life the Princess, The DeLuca Family, Seraphim Academy, plus some Unity, RPG Maker, QSP, and in fact games that aren't made with Ren'py) that the list mean nothing in the end.

Anyway, that's not how you make a popularity contest. It's subjective enough like this without the addition of a subjective list on top of it. Everyone should give it's ordered top 10, then the winner will be the best ranked among all the votes.

Reactions: HopesGaming

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Probably I'll be the only one here.. but oh well: since I don't see any restrictions about what type (ren'py, RPGM, etc) my choice is "Lilith's Throne".

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Personally while i like the deluca family a lot, am avidly watching LLTP shape up to be a great game and do enjoy certain other games that aren't receiving the same sort of praise as certain others here i don't think they are game of the year material yet, the DeLuca family simply isn't far enough along in development yet to deserve the award, LLTP has tough competition, it's beaten as a VN by both AL and DA and is beaten as a sandbox by Milf City, sadly it loses out due to the level of finish of Milf City, something we can't expect most one man Dev's to be able to compete with, it's like expecting Lewdlab, @HopesGaming or @Faerin to be able to compete with LOP in terms of volume of quality output, it doesn't make the games little devs make any worse, it's just that the competition is tough.

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
that's not how you make a popularity contest. It's subjective enough like this without the addition of a subjective list on top of it. Everyone should give it's ordered top 10, then the winner will be the best ranked among all the votes.
It's all in good fun, and I don't have that much free time to go through several lists. I'm just a little Member and this is an unofficial thing, it's just a chance for people to voice their favorite game of this year. There isn't even any reward.

Wolle

Jun 5, 2017
You, admins, really should do this in a few categories.

Eg.

- Best newcomer 2018
- Best gameplay 2018
- Best VN 2018
- Best game that completed in 2018

Maybe sub-categories for Best graphics, Best story, Best Original Idea etc?

etc.

Make a post for each category, have nominations until last week of December and then a poll on the three/five most suggested/best argumented for games.

Make a final post with the winners of each category, links to the F95Zone-page and the authors Patreon.

Maybe stress the point that people keep this civilized!

-----

My vote for GOTY 2018 would be " " by @DrPinkCake.

Reactions: Volta

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
You, admins, really should do this in a few categories.

Eg.

- Best newcomer 2018
- Best gameplay 2018
- Best VN 2018
- Best game that completed in 2018

Maybe sub-categories for Best graphics, Best story, Best Original Idea etc?

etc.

Make a post for each category, have nominations until last week of December and then a poll on the three/five most suggested/best argumented for games.

Make a final post with the winners of each category, links to the F95Zone-page and the authors Patreon.

Maybe stress the point that people keep this civilized!

-----

My vote for GOTY 2018 would be " " by @DrPinkCake.
I tried contacting them to make this a more serious thing with polls, but they were not interested.
I'm adding your vote to the counting though

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Out of the five I would pick Mythic Manor but (and no disrespect as I do love Jade Naira and Fanora the game) except for Milfy City it's the only one I've actually played. Although the rest are sitting on my hard drive.

About more official awards, a while ago when I was staring at the latest replies scroll by I noticed requested, and it was rejected already (so further asking about it probably wouldn't work).

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I remember joking about making nominations at the f95 discord channel a bit back.
As the sayings go: today's joke is tomorrows reality.

I agree with a bit bigger range. People can have two top games but for two different reasons.
VN and Sandbox style should be taken into consideration.

@Wolle made some good categories.
(Especially the newcomer part :geek:)

And there are so many more categories that can be added.
Best animations - Betrayed from Joraell is definitely one of the top contenders.
Best graphic stoopers games, Jessica O'Neil's Hard News, and Polyrotix's Reincarnotica.
Best female protaganist - high life by the Erosin team.
Best Story - Coceter Chronicles by Nverjos. Long Live the Princess by bella.
Best female character.
Best male character.
Best 2d game
Best 3d game
Best RPGMaker
Best cake eaters

And you can go on and on. The more the merrier!

As it is now my vote will def. be on Philly and Pink for best vn games (and overall game too for that matter)

Milf city, hate it or love it, def. should be on the list. That game is a behemoth.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
And there are so many more categories that can be added.
I agree, there's so many possible "best". In the same time, there's also so many people ready to complain. By example, you said "best 3D", but games using Daz3D will always win, this while some games using one of the Illusion studios achieve to have astounding CG. So it need to be split... Then it also need a "real time 3D" category, as well as a "none of the above" one.

But in the end, even , who've a big readers base and is focused "news", contrarily to F95z, so more suitable for this kind of event, don't do it. There's a reason, and probably even more than one, behind this.
Adult games aren't at all like regular games. We play regular ones because we like to play. So we play RPG as well as platform games, we play Sci-Fi stories as well as historical ones. As long as the game is enjoyable, we play it. But for adult games, we are way more selective than this. Whatever how good, enjoyable, well wrote and beautiful, the game can be, if it include fetishes that we really dislike, we'll not play it, and so not vote for it despite the fact that it can be the best adult game ever made.
As example, there's few games with really good 2D CG that started this year... But they are gay, one at least is even fury. At least one of those game deserve the award of "best 2D game of the year". But, because of the gay part, they are games made for a too small niche, they would never win their deserved award ; the one which is gay and fury will even have less votes than the others.

Anyway, as I already said, the game of the 2018 year is obviously " ".

Glew

Jul 1, 2017
You are discussing taste here and your own feeling is nice for you, but making the choice is wrong. Either you set up on categories and sets parameters which game why to choose from, for example, first appearance date only 2018 then Milfy City would be but not Summertime Saga and then give the community to vote or as the admin has already done, one evaluates data from the collects the F95 forum by itself.

Here are a few to quote in order to bring this to your attention:
Milfy City is bullshit i hate incest. Okay, let's say he's got a single one, but how come the ~ 8.5 million views within 11 months? I do not think so because a single one clicks on the thread without interruption. Your taste your right if you want something realistic see above everything else is in your small group the GOTY.