- Acting Lessons
- My Sweet Neighbors
- Good Girl Gone Bad
- Dreams of Desire
- Hack'n Stalk 2.0

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I agree with the post suggesting multiple categories for awards, that way story centric VN's aren't up against eroge style sandboxes in so many categories. In that regard you wouldn't expect Milf City to win a "best original storyline" award the same way you wouldn't expect DA to win best gameplay.

I remember back in the days of AIF supremacy there was a set of awards called the Erins:

You had loads of different categories, mainly focusing on writing, but it's AIF, what else was it going to be about?.

The most interesting award and also one i think the F95 zone is particularly well suited to awarding is what the Erins calls the "Badman" award, it's an award for the most influential/important/formative person(not just devs but generally) in the community in a given year(winners include Christopher Cole, BBBen and of course GoblinBoy) , this would be amazing IMO if we did something like that here.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I like the idea of categories, better than judging all different games with one criteria, I would do something along the lines of:

Art
Best 3D Stills
Best 2D Stills
Best Animation
Best Writing

Gameplay
Best Action
Best RPG
Best Sandbox/Management
Best Visual Novel

Story
Best Love Interest
Best Main Character
Best Plot
Best Supporting Character

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
I like the idea of categories, better than judging all different games with one criteria, I would do something along the lines of:

Art
Best 3D Stills
Best 2D Stills
Best Animation
Best Writing

Gameplay
Best Action
Best RPG
Best Sandbox/Management
Best Visual Novel

Story
Best Love Interest
Best Main Character
Best Plot
On it

Reactions: Namco15

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
I agree with the post suggesting multiple categories for awards, that way story centric VN's aren't up against eroge style sandboxes in so many categories. In that regard you wouldn't expect Milf City to win a "best original storyline" award the same way you wouldn't expect DA to win best gameplay.

I remember back in the days of AIF supremacy there was a set of awards called the Erins:

You had loads of different categories, mainly focusing on writing, but it's AIF, what else was it going to be about?.

The most interesting award and also one i think the F95 zone is particularly well suited to awarding is what the Erins calls the "Badman" award, it's an award for the most influential/important/formative person(not just devs but generally) in the community in a given year(winners include Christopher Cole, BBBen and of course GoblinBoy) , this would be amazing IMO if we did something like that here.

Art
Best 3D Stills
Best 2D Stills
Best Animation
Best Writing

Gameplay
Best Action
Best RPG
Best Sandbox/Management
Best Visual Novel

Story
Best Love Interest
Best Main Character
Best Plot
At what date should the voting end?

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Most awards like to work a few months ahead, things like "the sound of 2019" are generally awarded around now, but due to the fact we're well into December and we need a fair amount of time to let votes come in, probably at least three weeks, preferably a bit more, maybe open voting when the categories are decided, then perhaps give a month for voting, in future open the voting on the first of December or so and announce the winners in the first week of january?

So perhaps start the voting by the end of this week, then perhaps end voting on Saturday the 12th of Jan or somewhere around then?

I don't know how long the voting period should be but at least three weeks or people aren't going to have time, especially over the holiday period, perhaps keep the vote numbers hidden too, otherwise there will be a quick rush for milf city on all possible categories and people will get discouraged from voting.

Reactions: Nottravis

Wolle

Jun 5, 2017
Oh Oh Oh! And make a Winner graphic that that the winning developer can display on their website/Patreon/games Main Menu? "F95Zone users voted us GOTY 2018!" and a golden bow on a boob...or something ;-)

Reactions: Nottravis and Volta

Glew

Jul 1, 2017
Oh Oh Oh! And make a Winner graphic that that the winning developer can display on their website/Patreon/games Main Menu? "F95Zone users voted us GOTY 2018!" and a golden bow on a boob...or something ;-)
Seriously I would do it because this community is really big and can really bring patreons to one or the other developer who will continue to support his project. Not without reason, the developers are also here in the forum on the road because a good basis to start surveys and, for example, get feedback is here. Take the F95 logo and call it a Community Award for .... insert category ... and we've made it useful for the guys who work all year for our entertainment.

If you need help writing to me I support where I can.

215303j

My vote is for Our Fate.

Great story, great main love interest (in character as well as looks), believable MC.
And all of it good looking as well!

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
You, admins, really should do this in a few categories.

Eg.

- Best newcomer 2018
- Best gameplay 2018
- Best VN 2018
- Best game that completed in 2018

Maybe sub-categories for Best graphics, Best story, Best Original Idea etc?

etc.

Make a post for each category, have nominations until last week of December and then a poll on the three/five most suggested/best argumented for games.

Make a final post with the winners of each category, links to the F95Zone-page and the authors Patreon.

Maybe stress the point that people keep this civilized!

-----

My vote for GOTY 2018 would be " " by @DrPinkCake.
I tried contacting them to make this a more serious thing with polls, but they were not interested.
I'm adding your vote to the counting though
Seriously I would do it because this community is really big and can really bring patreons to one or the other developer who will continue to support his project. Not without reason, the developers are also here in the forum on the road because a good basis to start surveys and, for example, get feedback is here. Take the F95 logo and call it a Community Award for .... insert category ... and we've made it useful for the guys who work all year for our entertainment.

If you need help writing to me I support where I can.
Ok some common themes here and only because it doesn't look like you've visited the Features Request thread, I'll post this once only.

Back in July, @Floga Fero made a feature request for what this thread is trying to be - an official end of year awards for F95 with different categories. @gamersglory then pitched a second idea which was a monthly dev's only favorite game award. Cut the long story short, both ideas were discussed and rejected by staff.

So as I commend you guys for getting involved and keep at it but it's not supported by the staff so take note of it if you're creating the graphic or banner if you're keen on an official affiliation with F95.

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
Yeah, as @Walg stated above, they had other priorities and told it'll do more harm than good. So whatever you're trying to do here, it won't be official. Keep at it so the higher ups might take note and might change their mind. Don't count on it though.

kaiten

May 4, 2017
Deviant Discoveries for best writing. Maybe it just hits my fetishes just right, but I reckon it's pretty good nonetheless.

Sep 10, 2018
Depraved Awakening and Milfy City were both some of the best I've played, even if Linda is horrifying retarded horseface nightmare fuel. Deviant Discoveries was a real joy to play, so I'll second that one. Going to have to give Acting Lessons a try in light of the positive reviews.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Art
Best 3D Stills
Timestamp Unconditional Love
Best 2D Stills
Taffy Tales
Best Animation
The Twist
Best Writing
Thinking About You

Gameplay