Tool Ren'Py Extended Variable Viewer 3.00.04 - For walkthrough authors, game authors and modders

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I take it there's also an image named 'dark' in AON.rpa, and this gets found first.
Er... Right now I just remember that there's a dark version of my logo, but don't remember its name. This said, I'm tempted to say that you are right, and that it's named "dark.whatever".

But what is strange is that the archive is named AON.rpa, so it should be one of the first to be processed, and normally Ren'Py auto creation feature should use the last image found.
Try to rename "AON.rpa" into "00AON.rpa", what should ensure that it's processed first.

Anyway, I'll take a look at my image name, and see if some don't need to be renamed in a bit more unique way.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Try to rename "AON.rpa" into "00AON.rpa", what should ensure that it's processed first.
Did that, but didn't make a difference.

I took a dive and found this...

00AONrpa.jpg

Oddly enough, Ren'Py's "Image Location Picker" showed the game's "dark" version as last in the list
RenpyImgLocationPicker.jpg

Using the "Image Load Log" overlay I managed to capture this screenshot where it shows which get loaded.
screenshot0001.jpg

EDIT: Oops, was so focussed on this that I overlooked the game's exe folder...

Found a log file from the 10th... had this in it. FWIW. Second time around it didn't generate anything.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Oddly enough, Ren'Py's "Image Location Picker" showed the game's "dark" version as last in the list
Hmm... Initially I was tempted to say that you got my "dark", because his was missing but, it isn't missing.

Code:
Apr 10 22:24:07 [ERROR  ] [game/Acts/Act_01/act01scene01.rpy:91] AONVVE.__openVVE - 'Exception: Style 'AONvve_buttonStoreOff' does not exist.
    style.pyx:98

style.pyx:216

[...]/game/AON-packages/AONvve3.py:600
Hmm again...
The styles shouldn't be missing. It happened once, and I added a security check precisely for this reason.

Looks like the game is doing some strange things, I'll have to take a look at it, thanks.

Edit:
Humm, I'll share a super secret trick (does it sound mysterious enough ?)

Create a rpy file, name it "AONdebug.rpy" by example, and put this inside:
Python:
init -1 python:
    AONutils_START_DEBUG   = True
    AONutils_START_WARNING = True
    AONutils_START_ERROR   = True
    AONutils_EXTENDED_LOG  = True
    AONutils_TRACE_DEPTH   = 10

init 1000 python:
    if hasattr( store, "AONvve" ):
        AONvve.SELFDEBUG     = True
        AONvve.SELFDEEPDEBUG = True
I highly recommend to not use it when there's no issue, because it can quickly lead to a really big log file. But when there's a problem, it can provide interesting information.
The names are relatively explicit, so you can turn some to False or True depending how you feel it.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes