RAGS Abandoned Evil Incorporated [v1.7.7] [Rrod424]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Nine0h

Oct 29, 2016
You don't want the latest rags version. You'll need version 2.4.16
That is the version I have from what I can see.. I'm not sure what is wrong.. I've tried with other games, and I seem to be getting the same error all the time :(.. Guess I'll have to try and re-install it and see if that helps.

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
make sure you have net framework 3.5 and microsoft server compact 3.5 installed

Nine0h

Oct 29, 2016
make sure you have net framework 3.5 and microsoft server compact 3.5 installed
To my knowledge I have both of those installed.. I know I have .net Framework 3.5 installed, and I did try to install Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 but it says my OS isn't supporting it(win 10). Running out of ideas, and getting really angsty.. This game looks so interesting >.<'

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
To my knowledge I have both of those installed.. I know I have .net Framework 3.5 installed, and I did try to install Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 but it says my OS isn't supporting it(win 10). Running out of ideas, and getting really angsty.. This game looks so interesting >.<'
My bad, make sure you have .net framework 4.0 and/or 4.5 installed

Nine0h

Oct 29, 2016
My bad, make sure you have .net framework 4.0 and/or 4.5 installed
Downloaded the installation files for them and ran them, they said they were installed already.. I'm sorry for all the questions and such that I'm asking >.<'.. Really hoping there is a solution for this >.<'..

When I checked the "Add or Remove Windows Features" it says I should have Framwork 4.6 already.

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Downloaded the installation files for them and ran them, they said they were installed already.. I'm sorry for all the questions and such that I'm asking >.<'.. Really hoping there is a solution for this >.<'..

When I checked the "Add or Remove Windows Features" it says I should have Framwork 4.6 already.
I don't know what to tell you then. I'm currently running windows 10 but I have no issue with rags

Nine0h

Oct 29, 2016
I don't know what to tell you then. I'm currently running windows 10 but I have no issue with rags
Dammit, so the issue is somewhere on my end.. Guess I'll have to google and see if I can find anything at all that can help, or just not play RAGS at all :/.. Thanks for your help anyway :)

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I can run down a list of the stuff I have installed and you can see what it could be missing

Nine0h

Oct 29, 2016
Dammit, so the issue is somewhere on my end.. Guess I'll have to google and see if I can find anything at all that can help, or just not play RAGS at all :/.. Thanks for your help anyway :)
So, I'm feeling stupid.. I think? I googled abit and found a post on RAGS own forums. Someone linked to the SQL Server installation files and figured I'd try reinstalling it. It dowloaded something else then the previous link I used did, and now I got both 32-bit and 64-bit. I installed them both, and didn't get a message saying that it wasn't compatible this time, and now RAGS seems to work. I'm not sure what I installed previously but hell, I'm happy.. Just incase someone else has this problem at some point, I'll link to the windows page that I got both 32-bit and 64-bit from.

Ubik

Old man in a young body
Donor
Sep 8, 2016
Why in the games list it's listed as complete??? As far as I know this game is still in beta.

selfie

Aug 6, 2016
1.7 came out earlier today,

expect bugs tho :/

Reactions: Cirro84

toradrac

Dec 17, 2016
1.7bugfix2 came out on the 11th. Fixed most of the major gamebreaking bugs, primarily the deadend rooms/quests/convos.

Links snagged straight from the HC thread.

Reactions: Cirro84

Voyeur88

Aug 7, 2016
Maybe i'am stupid (English isn't my native language) but i don't know what answer is on question #3 (test at beginning) ;).

Never mind, i got it :p.

Last edited:

Bobsuncle1

Apr 28, 2017
I can't remember if this game has any but just as a warning, if a RAGS game has videos to play you must have set up windows media player to be able to view them (and sometimes stop crashes).

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote